• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Snow line height - Italy Terrain Modd

Started by Rayden, January 02, 2007, 01:51:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rayden

Does anyone have any knowledge about this subject, and Thalassicus tutorial on Making your own terrain modd? I need to know this Italy Modd texture's codes so I can change them accordingly to the tables bellow.

Table 1

Table 2

It's those codes I need to know so I can change the snow line. Is there any way I can see those textures and its respective codes, any program to do that?

Cheers
Rayden

beskhu3epnm

Hello Rayden!!

Just for your information, I have discovered an easier way to accomplish this task.
1. Open ILive Reader
2. Open primary terrain mod file
3. Fill the list - look for the exemplar titled: Temperature Range Factor
4. You can raise or lower this value accordingly. I'm not sure what the default values are on that terrain, however I imagine that they are low.

Changing this allows the snowy textures to appear at different altitudes depending on the value entered.

I started making my own terrain files back in the Columbus Terrain Mod days, but I gave up and started changing this exemplar every time I needed to.

http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?board=79.0
New Horizons Productions Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio dedgren ♦ Ennedi ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite M4346 ♦ Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine

jeronij

Very useful information beskhu3epnm   :thumbsup:
I am currently not active - Please, contact Tarkus for any site related matter. Thanks for enjoying SC4D :D

Autism Awareness;  A Father Shares
Mallorca My Mayor Diary

pvarcoe

One thing I have discovered is that the snowcapped files supplied with the recent terrain mods control not only the snow elevation, but also the elevation the tree controllers will plop trees up to. The Meadowshire Terrain Mod ( which I am currently using in "terraforming Teton") has two snowcapped files included with it. One for higher elevation snow and one for lower. They affect both the snow line and the tree line.
Very complex stuff.
And very cool!

Rayden

Thanks beskhu3epnm, it works like a charm. But I still want to know about the other way to do it. It give a lot more options like how high the trees can grow, the texture that goes at a certain altitude, etc...  But for now it will do. Anyway, I've sent a PM to Cycledogg and I hope he can help me with that sometime.

beskhu3epnm

Heh heh,

I guess I'm a bit of an old schooler as I still use the Columbus Terrain Mod. The temperature range has no effect on tree plopping on that mod. I will be moving over to Italia soon, I think, as it looks incredible. It seems to be tough to manage, as my snow level usually starts around 2400m....

http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?board=79.0
New Horizons Productions Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio dedgren ♦ Ennedi ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite M4346 ♦ Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine

Alek King of SC4

Quote from: pvarcoe on January 02, 2007, 03:40:06 PM
One thing I have discovered is that the snowcapped files supplied with the recent terrain mods control not only the snow elevation, but also the elevation the tree controllers will plop trees up to. The Meadowshire Terrain Mod ( which I am currently using in "terraforming Teton") has two snowcapped files included with it. One for higher elevation snow and one for lower. They affect both the snow line and the tree line.
Very complex stuff.
And very cool!

that is what i have noticed with the italia as well very complex getting these all straight and working takes some time
it is also important to deleate any old versions