• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Commonwealth of Marathon

Started by thundercrack83, November 05, 2008, 02:08:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thundercrack83

Hello, friends.

I'd just like to stop in and say that life has been quite the buzzsaw, lately. I've been working almost non-stop, only having three days off since February 10. Needless to say, Marathon has only been in my thoughts lately, not in the game or here at SC4D, unfortunately. I am never short of ideas or inspiration, but always short on time!

So, I just wanted to let all of you here know that, while I may not always be around, I'm always thinking about you guys here, and will keep things rolling here as much as life allows! In the meantime, here's...

...a little neighborhood shot that popped up on my hard drive.

I hope all of you are doing well; please stop in and let me know how you are doing!

art128

Oh! Great to see an update here!
Hope you'll find time sooner or later for Simcity. Also, I hope your work doesn't treat you badly.

The picture you've shown us is great, Dustin! Both the Library and the small office building fits greatly in this neighbourhood which is in fact very nice.

Take care!

-Arthur
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

Tokugawa

Oh wow, that looks niiice  &apls
See Okatabawashi ! the pearl of the Orient !

vinlabsc3k

It's fantastic Dustin! &apls &apls &apls
I'm happy that you take still care of your MD :thumbsup: and don't worry, we will await your updates with trepidation. &hlp
My creation at CityBuilders.

SimCity 5 is here with the NAM Creations!!

apeguy

That's a very nice neighborhood you have there, and a perfect selection of buildings. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

The Deltan Empire is here! Click the Banner to have a look! | Kanalka City, Capital of the Barrier Islands

PlayStation Network ID: theapeguy

noahclem

Lovely little neighborhood  &apls  Best of luck with work and life and I hope you're able to find a bit more time to yourself soon  :thumbsup:

kelis

Beautiful scene !! I like so much this American style with all those houses, Great job  &apls
.                                                                                                                      

|| Benelux Team || Windows on the World || My Photos on Flickr || Kelis BNL Projects ||

sim_link

Nice picture you have there, everything fits together nicely!  :thumbsup:

thundercrack83

Hello, all!

Well, I think I may have stumbled onto what was supposed to be an update of some sorts, but...I don't remember what the theme was supposed to be! Perhaps it was a follow-up to our most recent (if you can use that word) update, UPDATE LV: 352¼!? (Or, Introducing Telegraph Park), but I really cannot remember, unfortunately.

But, theme or update or what have you, I'll share them nonetheless! Here's more of the area in and surrounding Telegraph Park—

I'll refrain from any more empty promises of "more to come," or "things on the horizon"—for now, I'll just say that I miss you all very much and I hope you enjoy!

nbvc

threestooges

Time between updates doesn't seem to have dulled your skill, or my enjoyment of what I'm seeing. Good to see you around more Dustin, and nice update.
-Matt

noahclem

Fantastic work again  &apls  The way you lot and create these great plazas and city spaces is really an inspiration. It'd be great to see a little RHW in the area....

Looking forward to more  :thumbsup:

art128

Nice to see an update here, in one of my favorite MD, Dustin!

Very nice pictures of that area around telegraph park. All the buildings you choose fit well together, and you did a good job with the plazas.

Looking forward to more, no matter how long it will take. ;)

-Arthur
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

rooker1

The update, no matter the theme, was great!  It's always nice to hear from you and see what you are up to.
Don't forget to rotate your trees when making your LOTs. ;)
Hope to see more from you real soon.
Robin :thumbsup:
Call me Robin, please.

Swordmaster

Great to see any kind of update here - they're always of the best quality.

That monorail station sits perfectly right next to the midrise.

Cheers
Willy

Terring7

Looks like a historic city goes futuristic ;)
"The wisest men follow their own direction" Euripides
The Choice is Ours
---
Simtropolis Moderator here. Can I help? Oh, and you can call me Elias (my real name) if you wish.

MTT9

Yay!!! An update of some sort!!!  :D
I love how Telegraph Park looks and the contrast between the new york or chicago building on the back and new the modern highrises near the stadium. And the highways and avenues look great too. Just a perfect mixture  :)
You can call me Matt

benedict

The modern cube-shaped building with the round windows is stunning (and looks perfect in your setting). Is it a bat based on a real-world building?
Click on the banner to celebrate!

vinlabsc3k

That's a fantastic update thundercrack83!! :thumbsup: Your mastery of lotting dazzles my eyes!! :o

Where did u find the building on the left of the stadium?
My creation at CityBuilders.

SimCity 5 is here with the NAM Creations!!

M4346

QuoteWarning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 90 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Yes, yes, yes! I know.

But I am sure I want to reply, in part because I just spent the better part of two days going through all 141 pages of this spectacular, award-winning Mayor's Diary, but also because I wanted to - yet again - convey what an inspiration its pages and pages of content, tips, tricks, tutorials and showcases have been, and continue to be.

Please don't forget about us, your fans, or the people of Marathon  ;D

I hope all is well old friend!  :)
New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dedgren ♦ dmscopio ♦ Ennedi
emilin ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ papab2000
Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine