• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Commonwealth of Marathon

Started by thundercrack83, November 05, 2008, 02:08:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thundercrack83

Still doing some tinkering in Photoshop...

I have a route in my where I'd like to go...going to try to get some real game-playing done very soon!

Stay tuned!

MTT9

Brilliant as always Dustin!!! I'll can't wait to see whats next for Marathon
You can call me Matt

dedgren

That map will likely retire the category for regional maps this year, my great friend.

David
D. Edgren

Please call me David...

Three Rivers Region- A collaborative development of the SC4 community
The 3RR Quick Finder [linkie]

I aten't dead.  —  R.I.P. Granny Weatherwax

noahclem

Great to see more! Your boredom does not go unenjoyed  :D

art128

Yet antother excellent job using Photoshop, Dustin! This map surely looks great. I also enjoyed reading the names of the areas, some of them sounded funny! ( like Passamaquaoddy, Lac Octoraro instead of Ontario! :D ( I think ) )
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

RickD

My name is Raphael.
Visit my MD: Empire Bay (My old MD: Santa Barbara County)

bat

That's a great map!
Looking forward to more...

Battlecat

That is a gorgeous regional map! 

thundercrack83

Marathon's graphics have gotten a bit of an upgrade for 2012! Simple stuff, I know, but nothing's hurt by a new coat of paint, eh!?

Also, just a bit of tooling around...

...More simple stuff, but I'm easing my way back into things.

I've got some other stuff brewing right now, too. With any luck, some of it will come to light by the end of the week.

More from Marathon to come!

dedgren

Great new graphics, Dustin, and I really like the effect you've applied to the teaser pic.  I should know what filter it is, but for the life of me I can't put my finger on it.

David
D. Edgren

Please call me David...

Three Rivers Region- A collaborative development of the SC4 community
The 3RR Quick Finder [linkie]

I aten't dead.  —  R.I.P. Granny Weatherwax

threestooges

It almost looks like a few quick passes with a large sharpening brush. Nice work on it Dustin. Only thought I have would be the frequency of the bridges. Given their price in real life I would think they would be reserved for the major streets with a few dead ends. However, what's the fun of a game if you can't build to suit your tastes? I think they look a bit tight together like that, but it gives a neat effect too. Looking forward to seeing what it looks like at a distance too.
-Matt

Yan077

Excellent picture Dustin, I like the traffic jam  &apls
Looking formwaed to more  ;)

noahclem

Great picture Dustin  &apls  Perhaps such frequent bridges aren't realistic but it's very pleasing visually  :)  I'd love to see the same picture with RHW instead of the Maxis highways though....

rooker1

Quote from: dedgren on January 17, 2012, 11:02:05 PM
Great new graphics, Dustin, and I really like the effect you've applied to the teaser pic.  I should know what filter it is, but for the life of me I can't put my finger on it.
David

Nor can I David.  But I am wondering if it is the Marathon logo that got a face lift. ()stsfd()

Quote from: noahclem on January 18, 2012, 03:29:05 AM
I'd love to see the same picture with RHW instead of the Maxis highways though....
Now there is an idea....I'd love to see that, but Dustin has never done a RHW before.  Let's all peer pressure him. :P

Nice pic Dustin.  I wish there were fewer bridges nd your blocks could be a little bigger.....IMHO.  Other than that, awesome choice of buildings and I can never get enough of buddybud's highway walls.

Robin :thumbsup:
Call me Robin, please.

Battlecat

Beautiful!  I love sunken highways!

sim_link

Great teaser, love the sunken highway and buildings around it. Nothing like a new coat of paint, either.  :)

Schulmanator

Looking good! And you map is very professional looking.  :satisfied:
See the all-new National Capital Region!:http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=15118.0

bat

Nice new graphics and nice new image!
Looking forward to more...

Aaron Graham

Lovely work here, I like the neighborhood.  &apls
-Simcity4fan12/Sgt Pepper -Kryptowhite -Jumpthefence -beutelschlurf -Hanson784 -Gwail -Don Miguel -Seraf -Kelistmac -Glenni -Aaron Graham -Vlasky -PBGV103 -Darknono35 -Evillions -lucky7- Parisian- Jackreid -GuerrilaWarfare -Sim Fox -un1 -Heblem -AlexandrosB13 -Anotn -SimHoTToDDy

Ryan B.

That map is awesome, Dustin . . . I haven't heard a certain county name since the last time I watched Pete's Dragon as a kid.

Oh, and a question regarding Acadie-Bathurst . . . the region in Quebec does have a QMJHL (Canadian major junior) hockey team known as the Titan . . . might we see such a minor league barn out that way for a team of the same name?  :P

Hope you are well, and keep up the good work!