• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

NWM (Network Widening Mod) - Development and Support

Started by Tarkus, May 03, 2007, 08:47:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tarkus

Ryan (burgsabre87):  Those textures are looking awesome as always!  There's only one thing I might change with the diagonals with the yellow striping in the center.  I'd maybe consider doing a dual-solid line or a left turn lane (where applicable) at the diagonal intersections.  Otherwise, they are truly fantastic.

Kevin (BigSlark):  That's an interesting idea--something we haven't really talked about, but it could make a nice addition.

Pat (patfirefghtr): Well, we still have a fairly long way to go with the TLA.  It's still quite far from Beta status.  I should be able to pick up the pace when RL calms down.

I did, however, manage to finally get this TLR-3 texture I've had sitting around for the past 2 months into the game.  It's suffering from a bit of a tiling issue at the moment, but this should give you a better idea.

-Alex

rickmastfan67

Quote from: Tarkus on July 01, 2007, 02:19:40 AM
Kevin (BigSlark):  That's an interesting idea--something we haven't really talked about, but it could make a nice addition.

I could supply the one I'm using for my RHW pieces with tweaked colors. ;)
-- James Mast, aka: rickmastfan67
Painter/Public Relations at: Masgrafx Racing.

Check out the 9/11/01 Car Set Checklist.

Take a look @ the JPG Compression tutorial.  A must read to help cut away unnecessary file size from 500k+ images to help dial-up users out.

BigSlark

Alex and Ryan,

Last night my roommates and I were up to no good (which means we had a craving for Taco Bell at 3 a.m.), and we did a few miles on the TLA's on Jackson, MS. What I noticed is that state-maintained TLA's have reflectors whereas city and county maintained ones do not. I think a survey would be in order from other NWM fans to see what's common in their neck of the woods in order to figure out if reflectors are the norm or an exception with TLA's.

Just my two cents.

Cheers,
Kevin

PS-Damn, I'm good at this in the morning!

Filasimo

hey BS: im thinking that reflectors are found in random cities....where i lived in houston for 3 years their streets had reflectors and even the striping were made with nothing but reflectors....in nashville where i live now only the interstates only have them, when i was in seattle for a week last month they have it everywhere....so im guess its just a matter of where u live that has them on the roads.
Plaza Mall Project
http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=2171.0
Coming Soon to the LEX!

NAM Team
What can NAM do for you?
//

thundercrack83

burgsabre87: Those textures are fantastic, my friend! Great job!

Alex (Tarkus): The TLA-3s are looking good! I don't see any "tiling issues," but I won't lie to you--I wouldn't know a tiling issue if it slapped me in the face. Great work, as always!

mightygoose

cor that tiling issues is minute... i had to squint to make sure it wasn't my imagination lol
NAM + CAM + RAM + SAM, that's how I roll....

Ryan B.

From what I've seen, the NYS DOT doesn't do reflectors on our TLA's.

BigSlark

Alex,

I had to inspect that photo in photoshop to find the tiling!

Keep up the good work!

Cheers,
Kevin

ACEfanatic02

The TLR-3 is wonderful, Tarkus.

Not sure which I'm looking forward to most:  the next RHW, or this...

-ACE
日本語勉強中-最近読んだ本はこちらで見えます。
Python Enthusiast

flame1396

Oh cool! More important (to me) than the RHW (until the RHW has smooth curves(

This will look great in the industry based city i plan!
The most astounding and unique aspect of the human race is our fervent application of our ingenuity to kill each other, thus completely defying the near-universally proven fact that the ultimate goal of a member of a species is to ensure the survival of the species.

JGCarter

Hi Tarkus! I moved here from ST (User: JCarter) because I just couldnt wait to see what you were going to pull of next! Man, you pull so much from the game that its practically a new game...thanks!!!!!!  :thumbsup:

sc4luv2

Tarkus/Alex:;DLOVE your TLA-3 Design. ;D

Here are some Ideas for the TLA-3/5/7/AVE-6:

1 Ramps from SC4 and RHW Freeway
2.You're probaly going to do this. but in case you aren't i'll post it.Transitions from TLA to TLA and TLA to AVE-6

Thanks,
;D SC4luv2 ;D
[

ssc4k

this is amazing! i can harldy wait. im goign to be stuck to y computer screen when this comes out.

and speaking of rhw are all of these pieces going to be interchangeable with rhw?
and are we still going to have avenue?
and a request to your intersections: since oyu have enough space do you think you could put 2 left turn lanes and a right turn lane in for tl7 and 6?

ps did anyone notice the campus ( spelling boulevarde?) has more lanes than the highwya :p
i think it would be the only thing that has to decrease its size to become a higway :)
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature and help him gain world domination.

yoshiisland2

This looks absoulutely amazing, I really appreciate the work you guys do!  Can't wait for it!

Starmanw402007

Cool, will be looking forward to seeing them. Keep Up the Great Work &apls.

Your Friend;
Mayor Of Steven's Point & Maxiston
(Proud To Be Cities Of Sim Nation)
Your Friend;
Mayor Of Steven's Point & Maxiston
(Proud To Be Cities Of Sim Nation!)

jplumbley

To all of those looking for an update of the TLA project please refer to my post in the RHW Thread.

http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=990.480
"You learn something new everyday."

http://img517.imageshack.us/img517/169/nhpjplumbleykv3.gif
Bringing the new horizons closer to reality.

Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ Dedgren ♦ Ennedi Shadow Assassin ♦  Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
Street Addon Mod - SAM

Tarkus

Well, I've been a little quiet on this front, but there's been a lot of "behind-the-scenes" work.  I haven't had much to show, but I should have plenty of interesting development soon.

In the meanwhile, here's a look at a narrower Avenue.  An AVE-2, to be precise.  Of course, even beyond the fact that it's actually built off of a Road puzzle drag, there's more than meets the eye . . .  or at least, there will be. ;)

-Alex (Tarkus)

Travis

Amazing work Alex. Makes me wonder, how many more new networks have you made that you've neglected to tell us about?  :D

I'll be looking forward to more.  :thumbsup:

Meastro444

Friend of the Certified Drama Queen :)