• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Art128's SC4 Projects

Started by art128, August 12, 2009, 03:46:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

io_bg

Nice update. I like the way you've used my bus terminus ::) The variety of old and new development is a nice touch. However... I couldn't miss the fact that on the first mosaic those pre-fabs next to the GLR bridge are waaay too close to each other. Communists used to leave a lot of free space between the blocks - parking lots, green areas, children playgrounds.
Looking forward to the next update!
Visit my MD, The region of Pirgos!
Last updated: 28 November

art128

Quote from: io_bg on October 17, 2010, 09:45:35 AM
I couldn't miss the fact that on the first mosaic those pre-fabs next to the GLR bridge are waaay too close to each other. Communists used to leave a lot of free space between the blocks - parking lots, green areas, children playgrounds.

yes ! You're right ! I always miss this detail.... hmm I think i'll have to use the LE again..  $%Grinno$% Anyway thanks for this spot.  :thumbsup:
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

Ricky112233

Здравствуйте Товарищ! Hello Comrade!

I loved the last update! I've been following your MD for a long long time, but it seems I never posted a comment!

Anyway, I never thought I'd say this but I'd do anything to be a Sim living in your cities!
However, Don't communists hate the US, thus speaking no English?

How about some SimCity4 Propaganda!? :P

Anyway, your MD is one of the BEST I have ever seen!

Dosvidanya! до свиданя!

-Ricky
Yes, I love aviation
Yes, I'm interested in the former CIS
Yes, I'm half Dutch-half American
Yes, I'm learning Russian
15--

frdrcklim

wow art, u sure do have a way with w2w stuff. do u have any tips :)?
300... 200... 100... 50... 40... 30... 20... 10

Yep, I still got it.

WC_EEND

Great update Art, I really like the way you combine European W2W style with the gritty soviet look.

@Frdrcklim above: From my experience, I can tell you that looking at examples of how certain W2Ws are used in real cities can really help (Google Maps and Google Streetview can also be very useful here)   
RIP Adrian (adroman), you were a great friend

My LOT thread                                    

SCAG BAe146/Avro RJ Project

kbieniu7

Excellent. You used great diagonal avenue  :thumbsup:
(Sorry for short comment :P)
Thank you for visiting Kolbrów, and for being for last ten years!

art128

thundercrack83 - Thank a lot, Dustin! I always appreciate comments from you. As I answered you by PM, that sculpture is made by Delija21 and is available over the STEX !  :P

rooker1 - Yes, it's true there isn't much diagonal buildings, I may have to make some, but first let me finish the other projects I have on my hands..  :D I'm glad you like the layout of my city, Robin !

Girafe - Yes, me too, even if I have a preference for the commie blocks.. I kinda love this..  :) Thanks anyway for the comment my friend !

peter007 - Thanks !

nbvc - Thanks you, your mosaics are also very impressive..  :)

canyonjumper - As I said to Dustin, this spiral sculpture is one of Delija21's works. You can find it on the STEX (unfortunately no link, I have a small problem with ST at the moment, the site is kinda very long to load for me today.) under Delija21 or Commie monuments. Thanks for the comment Jordan !

marsh - Thanks ! i'll try to make the avenue area soon to take some pics for you !

Gilikov1994 - Ahah, thanks Giel  :P

bat - Thanks bat !  :thumbsup:

io_bg - Thank you very much, Ioan !

Ricky112233 - Well, English is not only American it is also British ..  ;D So yeah I think they kinda speak English too .. x) Plus, my MD is a post-USSR region, thus the cold war is finished from long time..  :) Anyway thanks for the comment Rikcy, hope to see you around again soon !

frdrcklim - Weeell, as Xander tells you, spending hours over google earth and street view can help a lot with the general shape of a W2W city. Anyway, thank you !

djvandrake - Thanks Dj !

Tomas Neto - Tomas, meu amigo, muito obrigado por tu commentario !

kbieniu7 - hehe, sometime some words are better than a long story..  :P Anyway thanks Kamil!

In today's update, we'll take a look at Kazan suburbs... In the city of Plodopitomnik which counts more than 94.000 habitants.

Plodopitomnik, Nothing Else Matters

I hope you liked this update,

-Arthur.  :thumbsup:

Props & Texture Catalog

sc-4

Call me Ludo

Yan077

Fantastic update Arthur, one of your best, for sure  &apls &apls &apls

I just found in love with this picture :

marsh

Fantastic work Art. I like the grainy effect on all the pictures. Set's the mood. The first one is my favorite though.  :)

,marsh  :thumbsup:

Gilikov1994

Check out my LOT thread, and also the EBLTeam!

==> http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=10509.msg318190#new <==

Ricky112233

Yes, I love aviation
Yes, I'm interested in the former CIS
Yes, I'm half Dutch-half American
Yes, I'm learning Russian
15--

Girafe

The Floraler

This is the end, hold your breath and count to ten, feel the earth move, and then...

*   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *    *   *   *   *   *    * 

djvandrake

Very impressive Arthur!!  &apls

The picture Yan highighted is awesome.  I also really like the industrial area at the top of your first mosaic.  Very nicely done.

kwakelaar

Just like you have made such a big progress in developing your w2w area's this high-rise suburb is another beautifully executed piece of work. I am really very impressed by the way it looks and how it all fits together. 

ecoba

Very nice, Arthur !

I very much liked this new part of your city, I find the layout to be very realistic and the overviews are very beautiful ! I especially like the same frame as did Yann ! :)

Ethan

io_bg

Fantastic update, Arthur! The green spaces between the blocks add so much realism! Can't wait till the next update :thumbsup:
Visit my MD, The region of Pirgos!
Last updated: 28 November

art128

Props & Texture Catalog