• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Hyōgo (兵庫県) Region

Started by SuperMessi, November 06, 2015, 02:30:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

art128

Nice couple of pictures. You seem to know pretty well how to MMP. The idea of MMP'd rice fields is something I always wanted to do, so if you find a way to do it, let me know. ;)

There's just something... I find that you often use a bit too much effects in your pictures. Especially on the first of that last update, it kind of hurts the eye how the picture itself looks too sharp..
And also, it's generally good behavior to not answer to every comments one by one, specially if by doing so you're double-posting. ;)
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

SuperMessi

Quote from: art128 on November 08, 2015, 02:52:41 PM
Nice couple of pictures. You seem to know pretty well how to MMP. The idea of MMP'd rice fields is something I always wanted to do, so if you find a way to do it, let me know. ;)

There's just something... I find that you often use a bit too much effects in your pictures. Especially on the first of that last update, it kind of hurts the eye how the picture itself looks too sharp..
And also, it's generally good behavior to not answer to every comments one by one, specially if by doing so you're double-posting. ;)

I will try... I have already tried with some ploppable water (the ones that have three blue tones) and with something from the pasture flora mmps. But it becomes very strange! With the HD ploppable water, the flora just does not show :S...

So, how to tackle this problem Art? Perhaps, instead of doing them with water, we should do them with standard terrain or brown dark gravel? It is very hard, but it would look just awesome!

Well, regarding the pictures and effects: I just photoscape them xD. I take the picture in game, post it on Ifranview, open it in Photoscape, cut the margins, and add some efffect (they are pre determined effects). But you are right, I have to stop using that particular effect :D

I really did not understand the answer part. Should I answer in the same post where I post the pictures? Shouldn't I answer to people in the same post?

For example, this post is correct? Sorry I do not know the protocol and thanks for explaining Art.

compdude787

Quote from: SuperMessi on November 08, 2015, 03:17:27 PM
I really did not understand the answer part. Should I answer in the same post where I post the pictures? Shouldn't I answer to people in the same post?

For example, this post is correct? Sorry I do not know the protocol and thanks for explaining Art.
Yes, you should answer questions in the same post as you post pictures. The reason for this is that once your Mayor Diary (MD) thread gets a certain number of posts and a certain number of views, your MD will be moved from the "Recently Published" section to the "Best Sellers" section. If you frequently make posts with individual replies to people, this is kind of like cheating. That's why we insist on doing all the replies in one post.
Check out my MD, United States of Simerica!
Last updated: March 5, 2017

My YouTube Channel

Dantes

Interesting image sections. I'm curious to see bigger pictures. What is the city built? What is the area? I look forward to see more!

SuperMessi

Replies:

Compdude: Now I understand, and thanks for the clarification. It does make sense :)

Dantes: Well at the moment I cannot post bigger pictures, since I don't really have something to show :D... Just working first on some close ups. Thanks anyway and in the future I will post them! :)

Now, I am becoming a little burn out. However I have started to work with lots, and I am posting the results here. I have made some lots, although I have some problems now that i really need to solve. So, if you guys understand, please explain it to me. But first, the lots:

There are lots to give some life to that camping scene that you saw on the previous post. I included in them parasols (like in outside bars) with some plants, Lightpoles, a fluvial beach scene, the big house to be the camping park main building (entrance), some more houses and a fence and fence entrance. I have tried to give them a japanese feel, don't know if I have sucedeed. Anyway, give me some suggestions, I am just using the lot editor for three of four days, and probably I have no clue regarding it.

Now, my problem:

As you can see, i just cannot plop MMP's (in game, that is) on a particular area of the lot. I have to assume that, since I use the blank lot in PLIMx, that this area is the area occupied by the invisible building. Is there some way to avoid this? I really need this solved, because if I don't I just won't use these lots in natural areas since they will not blend in very nicely.

SuperMessi

I don't know if I can double post but I will have to assume that I can.

Last few days I was still working with the PlimX. In my opinion, I got better at lotting, although I am not the most organized person regarding plugins and, therefore, the process of lotting is just painfull (even though the rewards are fine). Since I was doing that camping scene, I have decided that I should use it as a test to my lotting skills, and to develop that process of playing Sim City 4. Hence, I just did stuff related to that scene, and reformulated parts of it, of course. I have to thank Vortex and Ernest for the suggestions regarding the PlimX, and I also have to thank a lot of fellow users who inspire me through their works and opinions (for example, the users whom replied to me in the introduction topic).

This is an incomplete scene, and I hope that you point out aspects that you do not like about it. After the photos (I have also tried, since Art suggested and he was right, to reduce the ammount of effects or at least to choose effects that are not eye hurting) I will post some doubts that I have.

Full scene:

Entrance:

Camping house (where you go buy the ticket to camp, cannot recall the english name right now xD):

----

A) - Could someone suggest me a better house? It is not that this house is ugly or something, it is cool, but I wanted a more Asian house.

B) - How do I connect a lot edited road to a draggable road?

C) - Is it possible to have a sidewalk that matches the texture of your terrain mod?

D) - I am open to suggestions regarding the next scene: are you curious to see what? A lot edited japanese city scene? An agricultural scene? Just suggest. Anything goes, since that way I will able to improve better.

-----

I do not know if I will play in the next days. I am a bit burned out (Lot editor is very hard), and now it is time to study a bit more. But lets see!

c.p.

Your camping scenes on the previous page are awesome :thumbsup:

Quote from: SuperMessi on November 10, 2015, 02:33:33 PM
As you can see, i just cannot plop MMP's (in game, that is) on a particular area of the lot. I have to assume that, since I use the blank lot in PLIMx, that this area is the area occupied by the invisible building. Is there some way to avoid this? I really need this solved, because if I don't I just won't use these lots in natural areas since they will not blend in very nicely.

If you created your own exemplar for the blank building, you can change the Occupant Size to 1,1,1 or even 0.5,0.5,0.5, and that will mostly eliminate the area being blocked from MMPs.

Themistokles

That's a really good camping ground with lots of details everywhere! :thumbsup: Regarding your question B the simplest way is to use the visual transit enabler available in the SC4tool (http://kurier.simcityplaza.de/details.php?file=315).
Come join me on a hike to St Edmea!

Latest update: 7

"In the end, our society will be defined not only by what we create, but by what we refuse to destroy." - John Sawhill

manga rivotra

I love your use of MMP in this camp, the result is truly superb!  &apls &apls &apls

Unconstantean

threestooges

Hopefully we'll be seeing more of this soon. It was looking great. As far as Lot Editing goes, c.p. is right about the building size. You can also search the LE for a building that has a smaller footprint than the one that is currently there. I know a number of parks have used very small ones before. As for the "most important textures and props", there are a number of "major" sets out there, but to some degree the "most important" ones are the ones that get you to the look you want. Once you start editing your own lots, you'll develop your own core set, and your plugins folder will likely still be very big. It's a side effect of having so much wonderful stuff to choose from.

As you get going in lot editing though, I highly recommend a good filing system for your folders. It can be easy to start swapping dependency files in and out for editing, and have them get missed, doubled up, or in some cases deleted. Take your time and play with it. It's a lot to learn, but you look like you'll learn it fairly quickly.

Hope to see more soon.