• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Textures for Maxis Roads, Avenues, Streets, and RHW

Started by City, July 03, 2009, 06:54:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

City

I want to make a texture, but I do not have these textures that I need.  :(

Road, Avenue, and Street 4-way Intersections
Road, Avenue, and Street normal straight stretches of road.
RHW 6 & 4 straight sections.

Thanks if you can get me these. I simply cannot find them.   /wrrd%&

~City  ;D
Not just any city, THE City

MandelSoft

This is my method

Programs you'll need:
- Ilive's Reader
- EAgraph
- FiSHlib (if you're using Vista)
- SC4Tool

1. Open the Reader.
2. Search in simcity_3.dat (or in case of the RHW, search in My Documents/Plugins/Network Addon Mod/Rural Highway Mod/RuralHighwayMod.dat) for the textures you want and select them.
3. Then right-click on your selection and select "Save decoded files". You should get a message like "Saved file########.fsh ... file########.fsh" (# can be any number). The files are usually saved in the same folder you found the .dat file
4. Open EAgraph, open one of the fsh files you created and then save it to a format you are able to edit (e.g. PNG or BMP).
5. Edit your textures. Don't forget the alpha maps when required (these maps make specific parts of the texture transparent.
6. OPTIONAL - If you are finished and you don't have a .dat file to put your textures in, open the Reader again and save an empty .dat file.
7. Open SC4Tool and go to the texture creator, and open your .dat file.
8. Set group on "Transit Texture". Fill in the corresponding IID (you can find these with the Reader. It should begin with 0x... and end with a 0, 5 or A. because that's the IID of the texture of zoom 1) and select the right texture bitmaps/PNG's you just created. Be sure that you have textures for all zooms filled in before hitting OK.
9. The texture is now saved.
10. Repeat step 8 and 9 until you have created all textures you need.
11. If you did it right, your textures are now replaced.

Hope it helps

Best,
Maarten
Lurk mode: ACTIVE

City

Thanks, but EAgraph won't download for me. A 404 error apparently occured.  :'(

~City
Not just any city, THE City

MandelSoft

Lurk mode: ACTIVE

Jonathan

Also in the reader, go to Tools > Texture Viewer, then on the left pane of the window that appears, you can view all the maxis textures for the maxis networks. (Each network has it's own page, which helps quite a bit), then you can select the textures you want, right click and select export, then choose the folder you want to export them to.

Jonathan