• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Art128's SC4 Projects

Started by art128, August 12, 2009, 03:46:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

romualdillo

As I said in my previous comments... Fantastic work!!!! &apls

belfastsocrates

Superb! That island overview is fantastic.
A unique nation fusing technological prowess and unparalleled grandeur

"Anyone who lives within their means suffers from a lack of imagination" - Oscar Wilde

kbieniu7

Hello! Long time not visiting there, but it seems, that I'm coming exactly in time to see my favourite aspect of simcity - inventing transportation systems. Formidable!  ;D

Your region view is beatuiful, looks like done, looks like just taken from real life! And with your bus rides, we can see that it is real in small scale as well :)

I tried to analyse your draft - good idea to set the central, connecting point as railway stations, but I wonder why all of the buses end their route at Okushiri with no through-lines? I hope that the frequency is high enough or all of the lines are coordinated, because I'm afraid it would be quite uncomfortable and time-taking to make exchanges. Imagine travelling from the Dam to Miyajima - change the line two times with waiting at the Okushiri for the depart - the drivers need to have few minutes rest  ::)

What is more, I think, that you could concern running some ferry connections (or some kind of water tramway), especially on the eastern part. Once again - imagine travelling from the area of the Dam to the airport ;)

My last question - there quite few stops  &Thk/( What is the average distance between them?

To sum up - a thing, that adds a bit of reality to your region, which is nicely done. So nicely, that we could arrange a discussion, just like with dealing with real-city problems ;)

Thank you for visiting Kolbrów, and for being for last ten years!

Gugu3

I have missed the last couple of updates!lovely city you have there!! &apls &apls

Shark7

Hmmm.  Its not a mistake, you are keeping your bus drivers' skills sharp by testing their operational skills by forcing them to run their routes in reverse.  :D  You can turn anything into a positive with the right amount of spin.  ;)

I really like the night time shots from this set.  The Animate building just looks awesome when its lit up.  :thumbsup:

The one thing that does bother me is how straight the sides of the little beach with the kayaks are.  I would probably have faded it to be a little wider at the waters edge instead of a straight shot into the water.  In other words, round it out to be wider at the waters edge but keep the narrowness near the road.  But that is just me.

Overall its another nice update.  :)

noahclem

Great updates  &apls. I love all the harbor areas and the new rail station. Glad those station textures worked out and sorry I still haven't got around to the rail crossing textures yet. This region keeps making me want to build an island city, especially now that I'm on vacation on an island  ;D

feyss

I love your harbour areas. It looks so naturally implemented. And your region view is impressive too.  :thumbsup:

art128

Thanks for the feedback.

I've decided to scrap the current plan for the bus lines to create a new one. More efficient. There are already some ferry stops and I haven't shown them on the map. However I added a ferry station at the airport, to shorten the travel time between the two sides.
I'll look into it.. It's a relatively long task so don't expect anything in the near future.

On a side note, I've been experimenting with a few things on a blank region and I've to say I liked what I did. I'll show some picture of the experiments later..

But for now, I've decided to show the airport of Okushiri. Of course the terminal and control tower are two of my personal creations. I'll release them along with quite a bunch of things at the end of the year. More detail later.
As usual, pictures are available in 1280px wide.

First of course the region view. Well not much changed, just added a ferry station at the right of the airport.

Firstly an overview. It's a small airport. The terminal is equipped with a sky-bridge that can be connected to a covered gate, but at the moment there is no need for it since the traffic is low and for relatively small planes. (The biggest here being a DHC8 Q400) The airport itself is equiped with a set of PALS, a Localiser antenna, a VORDME and two sets of PAPIs and GlideSlope antennas. The runway is 1800m long.

The ferry terminal located just under the firefighter's training ground.

And to finish a view of the small town across the bay, with direct ferry connection to the airport.

Hope you liked this update. :)

Next time I'm either showing some experiments, or the rest of the island, not sure yet.
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

manga rivotra

Airports are things the most complicated to reproduce in this game, and your small airport is perfectly made ! &apls &apls &apls
The lotting is particularly great, especially for the technical buildings and the placements of the paths, cars and others technicals object.
Every details looks natural here, and your 2 building are really great addition and fit perfectly here. :)
I love the third picture and the boarding scenery too.

feyss

Another lovely small airport. It fits really good in the landscape.  :thumbsup:

Nanami

Kinda long time since I come here.... Reading few updates back its pretty nice, I like how you try to plan the bus line in previous update. As for this update nice small airport, I like how you try to fit those mattb houses with those japanese houses in the last picture! looking forward to see more

romualdillo

Great work with the airport!! Looking forward to the experiment!!!  :thumbsup:

carlfatal

Although I am not really a fan of planes and airports - this one looks nice.  :)

And I love the waterfront of that small village.  &apls

c.p.

Your airport is much nicer than any I've seen in real life.
The region view is outstanding :thumbsup:

vester

Another great update again !!! What can I say ?

Nice region, even you still are playing it, it looks full.

Pat

Fantastic work here Art!!!! love the Airport and is that custom or prefabbed pieces, Also loving the trees who are those? Sooo nice and crisp an clear too wow!!!

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

art128

Thanks for the comments guys.

manga rivotra: I actually think Airport are the easiest of the big infrastructures to create in the game. There are a lot of custom contents for it from Japanese website, RMIP, AC ... it's just a matter of how you use them together. I think Ports are way harder to create since the components needed are far less created. For instance there isn't a single system of conveyor belts for bulk ports but a somehow large amount of refinery stuff.

feyss: Originally the part of the island where the airport stands wasn't there. I had to create it because otherwise there would be no place at all.

Kisa Atsuko: Great to see you stop by from time to time. Hope you're doing well and I hope you can have some little time to create and update here and there in the future.  :)

vester: Thanks, well yeah the region is basically full. Recently I felt like I wasn't happy with how the block area on the right turned out so I deleted it, but then I got bored of the whole region so I don't think I'll work on it again..

As I said to Vester, I wasn't satisfied with how a few areas of the region turned out (I think of my regions as a never ending series of experiments where I tryout new gameplay techniques. ) so I ended up deleting them and well... In the end I got bored of the whole region again, I must be cursed. Anyway, I don't think I'll ever work on this region again since well I consider it finished (before I deleted a few parts) I do have one last update of it to show. After that I'll continue to work on  a few little things here and there, mainly small islands maybe a larger one from time to time. (Yes, I love islands)
But for the time being, here's a look at the central station area that I recently remodeled a bit. This update features several of my unreleased buildings.. Fear not, I'll make them available to public later this year, again more information on this later when it's somehow ready..

No region view this time since nothing changed. All pictures are 1280pixel wide.

Here's the view you get when you exit the train station... Very boring and ugly public housing estate...

Let's delete it. It was set to demolition, half of the apartments were empty anyway. The reminding of the inhabitants were moved to other public housing more recent and in better shape throughout the island.

Construction started. The officials decided to use this free space to build a new annex building of the university, dedicated to politics and law.

Here is the finished building at night. It's a modern building with lots of multimedia-ready classrooms.

Another angle of the station square.

And now for some random shots (not so random) around the downtown.

That's all for now. Maybe I'll cram in some more picture of the island next time, don't know yet... It'll depend on my mood I guess. ;)

I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

vortext

Really like the redevelopment and great nightshots!   :thumbsup:

Also, is that weird angled building yours? If so, it looks amazing!  &apls

btw, already looking forward to your next region!  ;)
time flies like a bird
fruit flies like a banana

noahclem

Beautiful updates  &apls  The z6 views are stunning and there's a lot of amazing bats around I'm not familiar with. Train station is lovely. Airport looks awesome as well but why are the runways only 2 tiles wide? Looking forward to the new project  :bnn:

manga rivotra

I like very much the bus terminal in front of your central station. Your loting  is really excellent as always  &apls &apls.
The building with a car dealer in ground floor is excellent, just like the office building "Aozora Bank", specially at night with the restaurant in the top floor, great idea.
It is always a pleasure to see modern building perfectly reproduced  :thumbsup:

Azora bank building isn't from me but from Vester.  :thumbsup: