• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

NWM (Network Widening Mod) - Development and Support

Started by Tarkus, May 03, 2007, 08:47:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jplumbley

Quote from: greenbelt on October 21, 2007, 12:28:00 AM
the getting blown away part.  :D

I can help you with that part. hehe.. he.. hehe...

OK then, well... ummm...  You guys really wanna know?  You really wanna know when the next NAM, SAM, TLA, RHW, etc will be ready for release?

Are you sure?... Well ummm... ok.. you asked for it...

The NAM will be released sometime in the future, it could be in the near future, it could be in the distant future.  The fact still remains we dont know, there is no "official" due date.  Of course we have an idea of when we'd like to bring everything together, at least once before the SC4D B-day Bash 2008.  Once again, its best to surprise everyone, it wouldnt make ya's so ancy if you knew when it was coming out and then it wouldnt blow ya's away if we werent so "secretive" about it, but if you watch the threads close enough you will know whats coming, maybe not when though.
"You learn something new everyday."

http://img517.imageshack.us/img517/169/nhpjplumbleykv3.gif
Bringing the new horizons closer to reality.

Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ Dedgren ♦ Ennedi Shadow Assassin ♦  Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
Street Addon Mod - SAM

BigSlark

JoeST

Quote from: jplumbley on October 21, 2007, 12:41:13 AMThe NAM will be released sometime in the future, it could be in the near future, it could be in the distant future.  The fact still remains we dont know, there is no "official" due date.  Of course we have an idea of when we'd like to bring everything together, at least once before the SC4D B-day Bash 2008.  Once again, its best to surprise everyone, it wouldnt make ya's so ancy if you knew when it was coming out and then it wouldnt blow ya's away if we werent so "secretive" about it, but if you watch the threads close enough you will know whats coming, maybe not when though.

What your basicaly saying there is...

It will be released when it is released

Joe
Copperminds and Cuddleswarms

Shadow Assassin

Let's just say sometime between now and 2010. That should help narrow it down some, I think. ;)
New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dedgren ♦ dmscopio ♦ Ennedi
emilin ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ papab2000
Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
See my uploads on the LEX!

JoeST

Thanks for the time scale, *books everyday from now until 31/12/2010 off*

I keep forgetting, is this a new copy of the NAM or just some extra additions to the current one  ()what()

Joe

Andreas

Quote from: star.torturer on October 21, 2007, 05:07:18 AM
I keep forgetting, is this a new copy of the NAM or just some extra additions to the current one  ()what()

The NAM won't be longer one single massive 10+ MB download, but it's using a modular approach. This means that the current NAM download will serve as a basic resource package, whereas new content will be uploaded as updates or plugins. The NAM Controller will also be updated during this process, so you might have to download more files than before, but it's not longer necessary to remove all old stuff that might cause problems manually.
Andreas

JoeST

ahh ok, i was just wondering about the whole updates thing, i already knew about the modularity of it. Just confirming the whole whats actualy going to be released..

Im guessing thought that maybe in the near future you are going to recode the main NAM file... as of a certain member named Mott rejigging all that stuff.. lol and the RTL re code and all that jazz.

Joe

Andreas

Well, there isn't a "main NAM file" anymore - it has been broken down into several logical pieces. This makes updating a lot easier. I haven't checked which files exactly mott was changing, but I assume it's mainly the Traffic Controllers (Traffic Plugins) that are going to be modified. For the turning lane stuff, all that needs to be changed is the NAM Controller files, but the resource files can be left untouched.
Andreas

JoeST

When I said main NAM file I meant main NAM download... lol cause its getting old...

flame1396

More NAM stuff is always good. The modularity is nice - I never use stuff like the GLR
The most astounding and unique aspect of the human race is our fervent application of our ingenuity to kill each other, thus completely defying the near-universally proven fact that the ultimate goal of a member of a species is to ensure the survival of the species.

ExiLe

yeah, keep feeding us great transportation extensions!
We all know sc4 needs em'! ;)
...coming soon

rickmastfan67

Quote from: Shadow Assassin on October 21, 2007, 04:59:39 AM
Let's just say sometime between now and 2010. That should help narrow it down some, I think. ;)

I thought we were releasing it sometime between now and 2014. :P
-- James Mast, aka: rickmastfan67
Painter/Public Relations at: Masgrafx Racing.

Check out the 9/11/01 Car Set Checklist.

Take a look @ the JPG Compression tutorial.  A must read to help cut away unnecessary file size from 500k+ images to help dial-up users out.

Pat

Quote from: jplumbley on October 21, 2007, 12:41:13 AM
I can help you with that part. hehe.. he.. hehe...

OK then, well... ummm...  You guys really wanna know?  You really wanna know when the next NAM, SAM, TLA, RHW, etc will be ready for release?

Are you sure?... Well ummm... ok.. you asked for it...

The NAM will be released sometime in the future, it could be in the near future, it could be in the distant future.  The fact still remains we dont know, there is no "official" due date.  Of course we have an idea of when we'd like to bring everything together, at least once before the SC4D B-day Bash 2008.  Once again, its best to surprise everyone, it wouldnt make ya's so ancy if you knew when it was coming out and then it wouldnt blow ya's away if we werent so "secretive" about it, but if you watch the threads close enough you will know whats coming, maybe not when though.

Jp you are soooooooo mean lol  :D :D
but alas i so love the words of the great and all mighty Ryan "Im working On it" or was it "Coming Soon" err nevermind either way im waiting - pat

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

Filasimo

Plaza Mall Project
http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=2171.0
Coming Soon to the LEX!

NAM Team
What can NAM do for you?
//

Shadow Assassin

QuoteI haven't checked which files exactly mott was changing, but I assume it's mainly the Traffic Controllers (Traffic Plugins) that are going to be modified.

He's overhauling the traffic plugins, nothing else will be affected. However, this update will more or less phase out the old traffic plugins, meaning that the NAM team will recommend that the new traffic plugins replace the old traffic plugins. Mott has discovered that the current NAM plugins may actually be causing the game to not work properly in terms of pathfinding and development. This mod should at least reduce abandonment relative to the old plugins, as well as actually improving performance on older systems.
New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dedgren ♦ dmscopio ♦ Ennedi
emilin ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ papab2000
Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
See my uploads on the LEX!

RSC18

I have been following this project for a while; I'm glad its coming along :thumbsup: :thumbsup:.

One question: are the AVE-6 and AVE-8 still being worked on, or have those been cancelled; I was wondering
Because I had not seen any photos of them in a while. If they are, I would be interested in attemping some
textures for them, although they may not develop for a while (due to RL, I can't visit here often e.g. not on
weekdays).

Thanks to all the modders undertaking this project &apls, and I can't wait to see it when it is completed  ;D(although I'm paitent).

Tarkus

RSC18, glad you've been enjoying the project, and to answer your question, the AVE-6 and AVE-8 are still in the works, however, there hasn't been any new development on them in some time.  Our focus has been elsewhere, though--getting the MIS ready is my main priority.  When that's ready, I can devote more time to this project again. ;)

Hope that answers your question. :)

-Alex (Tarkus)

debutterfly

You guys love to put out major modds at the end of months. Is that not true? i.e. NAM, RHW... so I predict a release for Halloween. And this is for your hard work.  &apls

JoeST

Never predict the release dates... LOL  You will only ever be disappointed. I wish that was the case also  ;D

But yes I also do appreciate your work greatly... it was the only thing that got me into playing SC4 again