• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

NWM (Network Widening Mod) - Development and Support

Started by Tarkus, May 03, 2007, 08:47:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ssc4k

yep every number is equivalent to the total number after tla. so tl6 is no ctl tl7 does etc.

though ti would be nice if we could have a tl7b 8 lanes 2 being ctl. you can see 2 ctl on a 2 lane each direction road and if there are 3 lanes on each side having one ctl is making it quite crowded...

really i just want bigger roads lol :P

10th page!!!  &apls
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature and help him gain world domination.

Starmanw402007

Well, has my brother would use to say, in this case talking about TLA, The More, The Merrier! I have to say something about these sims though. :)
Your Friend;
Mayor Of Steven's Point & Maxiston
(Proud To Be Cities Of Sim Nation!)

ssc4k

actually that reminds me will tl7 have 2 lanes per on off ramp when connecting to a highway? though i do wonder how it will look going straight into a two tile highway... and rhw because its so small :p oh just as a joke you should make an end conversion on a street piece so we can have some nice traffic jams. i just realized something very important, instead of being like the other avenue roundabout can these roundabouts have 4 lanes in the circle part? actually ive never heard a mention of roundabout :) also when an intersection comes when there is a left turn lane needed can we have 2 left turn lanes? if a road uses one i think something with 3 times the lanes should at least have 2 lol :P will tl5 be out in time to be updated with the mis before it comes out? is there a rough idea of what the capacity of roads sections of tl5 and tl7 will be and there speed? i hope the big dig makes an update a month or so after tl7 comes out so we can make underground tunnels. of course we wouldn't need a tl5 entrance unless someone was picky about sims not being able to use the center turning lane for 2 tiles lol. are sims smart enough to tell that someones already in the center turn lane were they want to go or will we get a lot of crashes, i really dont care what the answer is on that one :D.

wow i typed a lot... well at least my mind will be quite for a while

ssc4k
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature and help him gain world domination.

Starmanw402007

Glad to see this topic has reached it's 10th page! Keep Up with the great work on the TLA Project! And all other Projects such TLA, NWM, SAM and etc.... &apls.

Your Friend;
Mayor Steven's Point & Maxiston
Your Friend;

Haljackey

Wow, wonderful work with this project!  I am really excited for the TLA-5!

I just had one question about the pavement markings.  Like the RHW, different pavement markings exist in different regions around the world, and I was wondering if different textures could be made to give this network a more international look.

Heres an example from Canada (probably the easiest one to do, just switch the broken yellow line from the outside to the inside!)

Heres one from the UK

New Zealand (its narrower than a standard lane, but still could be textured)

Anyways, those are just some examples.  If this could be done, the network would have a better international feel.

Best of luck with this project!
-Haljackey

ssc4k

well why dont we wait until after the projects done and create a bunch of textures for it afterwards so we get it sooner :p that way everyone gets there texture but they tl5 and eventually tl7 first :P reallly if your waiting for tl5 and most importantly tl7 just for the texture....
so anyone who can make nice textures could start on there own texture for it :D and when it comes out upload it to lex :P
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")

Shadow Assassin

QuoteNew Zealand (its narrower than a standard lane, but still could be textured)

That is not a turning lane. It's basically a painted median strip - meaning that you can't use it to turn onto properties and the like (though people still do it). The middle lane is usually marked with a longer and thicker dashed white line - which is most common on tidal flow systems, but can probably be used for turning lanes.
New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dedgren ♦ dmscopio ♦ Ennedi
emilin ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ papab2000
Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
See my uploads on the LEX!

j-dub

Ok, I'm sorry if this is the wrong question, but from what I understand the concept here, and what it looks like in the pics, has anyone tried the U drive it mode with this, and can tell me if cars and/or trucks crash into them with out stopping when they cross your line of travel to go to some buildings?
Obviously thats something that can be answered, unless your a developer (lol) but would that crash? 

Starmanw402007

I'm anxiously waiting the release of the TLA, so I can update my roads and avenues  $%Grinno$%.

You Friend;
Your Friend;

Palpatine001

Quote from: Haljackey on October 16, 2007, 04:12:53 PM
Wow, wonderful work with this project!  I am really excited for the TLA-5!

I just had one question about the pavement markings.  Like the RHW, different pavement markings exist in different regions around the world, and I was wondering if different textures could be made to give this network a more international look.

Heres an example from Canada (probably the easiest one to do, just switch the broken yellow line from the outside to the inside!)

Anyways, those are just some examples.  If this could be done, the network would have a better international feel.

Best of luck with this project!
-Haljackey

QuoteQuote

That is not a turning lane. It's basically a painted median strip - meaning that you can't use it to turn onto properties and the like (though people still do it). The middle lane is usually marked with a longer and thicker dashed white line - which is most common on tidal flow systems, but can probably be used for turning lanes.

What Haljacky Showed (of Tamaki Drive heading to Bastion Point and Mission Bay from Downtown Auckland is what New Zealand calls a Flush Median, they can range in Width from that size for 2 laners to as wide as that american shot for Four Lane Roads. Unlike the Australians Flush Medians are used for cars to enter into safe "zone" if turning into a property or coming from a property and merging back into the main road. However you can NOT over take on Flush Medians

Road Code aside Haljacky feel free to give it a shot as I will very much use it.

Oh back to the Queensland, if I remember right they use flush medians like we do, but there are 2 classes, a single outline like NZ means you can enter it for turning, a double outline means no turning.  :o
Now Idle
Please leave a message after the beep and I'll get to you as soon as I can bother

Shadow Assassin

With flush medians, they use that here in Australia, but they're very rare. They don't have the cross hatching, but I suppose they'd be good as TLs.
New Horizons Productions

Palpatine001

Quote from: Shadow Assassin on October 20, 2007, 08:21:00 PM
With flush medians, they use that here in Australia, but they're very rare. They don't have the cross hatching, but I suppose they'd be good as TLs.

And you wunder why Kiwis and Aussies get confused on each others roads  :D ()testing() :discuss:
Now Idle
Please leave a message after the beep and I'll get to you as soon as I can bother

Shadow Assassin

New Horizons Productions

Palpatine001

Quote from: Shadow Assassin on October 20, 2007, 08:41:28 PM
Well, yeah.

Come on, join Australia as a state! :P

How about you joining as the 4th Island?  ?=mad)=
Now Idle

flame1396

The most astounding and unique aspect of the human race is our fervent application of our ingenuity to kill each other, thus completely defying the near-universally proven fact that the ultimate goal of a member of a species is to ensure the survival of the species.

Shadow Assassin

QuoteHow about you joining as the 4th Island?

You're after the sheep, aren't you? :P

Maybe we should stop spamming, though.
New Horizons Productions

rickmastfan67

Quote from: Shadow Assassin on October 20, 2007, 09:36:21 PM
You're after the sheep, aren't you? :P

Maybe we should stop spamming, though.

Yeah, you should stop spamming, because if you don't, we here in the USA will annex ya both as the 51st and 52nd states.  :P :D $%Grinno$%
-- James Mast, aka: rickmastfan67
Painter/Public Relations at: Masgrafx Racing.

Check out the 9/11/01 Car Set Checklist.

Take a look @ the JPG Compression tutorial.  A must read to help cut away unnecessary file size from 500k+ images to help dial-up users out.

Pat

LoL Rick that should be the greatest of greatest threats ever issued to a country...... Stop it or be assimilated

Resistance is Futile!!!!!

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

jplumbley

Quote from: rickmastfan67 on October 20, 2007, 11:57:11 PM
Yeah, you should stop spamming, because if you don't, we here in the USA will annex ya both as the 51st and 52nd states.  :P :D $%Grinno$%

Rick, dont ya mean 52nd and 53rd.... Puerto Rico...
"You learn something new everyday."

http://img517.imageshack.us/img517/169/nhpjplumbleykv3.gif
Bringing the new horizons closer to reality.

Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ Dedgren ♦ Ennedi Shadow Assassin ♦  Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
Street Addon Mod - SAM

greenbelt

Suicide Lanes!!  So true!!  My neighbourhood has many seniors and (bless their souls) the seniors tend to drive a little further along the center turn lane than is safe, probably because they can't see the entrance to the business/strip mall that they are trying to get to very well.   
Quotevistla Reply #104 I personally am following this project with great interest and anticipation. A wider variety of transit networks is something that this game has needed for quite some time. I only wish that I posessed the modding skills to help. Unfortunatly, I'm still a ways from even mastering the game playing aspect, so I must rely on others, such as yourselves, to improve the game for me/us. You must know that this is said with great appreciation. Looking forward to further development.
I'm with vistla.  In addition I must admit I'm still figuring out this posting business.  Second try with this post as the first one 'disappeared' before I hit the post button.  (Isn't there a save message button somewhere around here?) I wonder how dedgren does his fabulous posts?  He retrieves images and quotes from all over and carefully formats and organizes each and every post.

I Know Nothing!
QuoteTravis Reply #79  Amazing work Alex. Makes me wonder, how many more new networks have you made ...
Quotemightygoose Reply #87 ave-2 GLR i see it coming....
&mmm  &Thk/( Let's see so far we have TLA, RHW, NWM, SAM, GLR and of course the grandaddy of them all NAM!   (OK OK I'm showing off.  I just figured out those acrynoms (where's the spellcheck?) about 5 mins ago.  What the heck is BAM and MIS? Well I need to get to sleep.  It's taken me forever to put together this post.  This is why I lurk.
  &apls  &apls  &apls
Fabulous effort and I know the results will just blow me away.  When will that be BTW?  The results, I mean, not the getting blown away part.  :D