• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

NWM (Network Widening Mod) - Development and Support

Started by Tarkus, May 03, 2007, 08:47:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KoV Liberty

Well, the NWM has grown up from its toddler years into a full blown AWESOME project!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Alex

My new MD. Check it out if you wish.

Adrian, I miss you man.

Xyloxadoria

Quote from: danielra96 on March 09, 2010, 04:55:08 PM
great work! &apls
it's nice to see that this project is back online

It was never offline. It just went private becsue too many people were posting "when will it be released" posts.

Bobbi

It's great to see NWM is back. And those pictures are awesome.
Of course, Haljackey's video is awesome too. $%Grinno$%

2010.8.4 - I get on SC4D with PSP. So cool.:D
2010.8.14 - I can get on the Internet at home.:)

io_bg

This is outstanding! I hope that we're getting closer and closer to the first release of this amazing project! ;D
Visit my MD, The region of Pirgos!
Last updated: 28 November

SimNation

NWM has seem to come quite a far way from concept to product from when I last saw anything on it.I have been looking forward to this and will continue to look forward to this more then RHW :P. Glade to see the GLR-in-Road development has brought about ideas/pieces for NWM. I just hope you guys can take care of the issue that GLR-in-Road has with firetrucks not being able to access anything. It will be a shame of NWM suffers from the same fate specifically since I will be using NWM like a roadway whore :P

Rady

This is really awesome!!! And perhaps it's good that it takes some time for new stuff to be released - 'cause that way there's always something you can look forward to. It's like there's christmas comming soon all over the year ...

If it's a good idea, go ahead and do it. It's much easier to apologize than it is to get permission.

Visit my BAT thread: Slow BAT steady - Rady's first BAT attemtps

strucka

Really a great project! I only miss AVE-6 (with medians) in that spectrum of additional roads. =) But that would then be just too perfect, besides multilane OWR's are coming =) which is the most awesomenest thing here =)

KoV Liberty

Sweet! How will these connect with the Maxis highway, not that any of us use it anymore, but yeah. A special connection puzzle piece? And will these be fully draggable?

My new MD. Check it out if you wish.

Adrian, I miss you man.

jdenm8

Oooh! Looks good! It's the kind of stuff that demands the respect that it deserves. &apls
I love the pics (hate the teasing) and hope for a release soon but completely understand delayed releases (well, it's not delayed if a deadline isn't set) from first hand experience.

Keep up the fantastic work!

"We're making SimCity, not some dopey casual game." -Ocean Quigley

Tarkus

Thanks for the feedback, everyone--I'm glad you're enjoying the pics. :)

Thought I'd answer a couple questions:

Quote from: SimNation on March 10, 2010, 12:07:44 PM
I just hope you guys can take care of the issue that GLR-in-Road has with firetrucks not being able to access anything.

I've not tested it yet, but from what I know, the reason the firetruck access is blocked on the GLR-in-Road pieces has to do with the fact that the items are puzzle pieces and feature a stubbed Lightrail checktype.  Given that the NWM stuff is generally draggable stuff based on Roads and One-Way Roads, they should inherit the access characteristics of their base networks, so I'm fairly certain it should be problem free.  I'll try to get a more conclusive answer, though.

Quote from: KoV Liberty on March 11, 2010, 06:07:27 PM
Sweet! How will these connect with the Maxis highway, not that any of us use it anymore, but yeah. A special connection puzzle piece? And will these be fully draggable?

The only Maxis Highway-related interface/connection planned for the first release of the NWM is Maxis Elevated Highway overpasses.

If you wanted to properly transition from an NWM network to a Maxis Highway or RealHighway with the first release, you'd need to transition from an NWM network to a base network that supports that transition--i.e. an Avenue or an OWR.  An RHW transition is more likely to come first, as Maxis transitions can present considerable challenges from the modeling/scaling standpoint.

-Alex

Fresh Prince of SC4D

The nam team has really outdone itself this year. They have revamped the RHW and added probably more double the pieces from the last. They also created a extension to road networks. Thanks and keep it up!
Returning from Call of Duty . Must rebuilt what I destroyed....

Pat

Alex amazing work here!!! hmmm I do have to say I think I might have something to babble about in a PC??

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

JoeST

I can only echo what others are saying, using words such as awesome, amazing, fantastic, brilliant, etc.

Thank you so very much Alex et. al

Joe
Copperminds and Cuddleswarms

Patricius Maximus

Like the Frankenstein monster, the project comes back to life and unshackles itself from the medical table to become notorious, only in this case it is notorious in the good way.

I'm pleased that the NWM is back, since I had given up all hope of ever seeing a turning lane in my game.

Starmanw402007

howdie alex, just a ? on the NWM(Network Widening Modd). When we widen our roads or avenues. Will the NWM connect with the single roads,one-ways,avenues and highways? just curious, cause the RHW wont allow me to connect to these.

Your Friend;
Mayor Of (Varrock City,Maxiston and Steven's Point)
Proud To Be Cities Of Sim Nation!!

P.S. for those who play runescape, That's where I got the name of Varrock City from LOL. The little village of Varrock
on Runescape, near the barbarian villiage.
Your Friend;
Mayor Of Steven's Point & Maxiston
(Proud To Be Cities Of Sim Nation!)

Tarkus

Thanks for the kind words, everyone!

Quote from: Starmanw402007 on March 15, 2010, 05:46:50 AM
howdie alex, just a ? on the NWM(Network Widening Modd). When we widen our roads or avenues. Will the NWM connect with the single roads,one-ways,avenues and highways? just curious, cause the RHW wont allow me to connect to these.

Are you referring to transitions or intersections?  There will be plenty of options for both.  The reason the RHW doesn't allow certain intersections is because some of those setups would be unrealistic for a freeway.  Since the NWM deals with surface networks, that won't be the case so much.

And speaking of the RHW . . .

-Alex

nekseb

After seen this picture I fallen over my chair -  :sunny: Thats really great and I'm sure we all can't wait till it was released! (No - I don't ask when!)!

Great work  &apls
I don't need to know everything, I only need to know someone who knows!

letum aut libertas

Meastro444

Friend of the Certified Drama Queen :)