• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

NWM (Network Widening Mod) - Development and Support

Started by Tarkus, May 03, 2007, 08:47:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pat

LoL Jdub I was about to ask if you lost it but then I noticed the color of the traffic light hmmm intresting sweet!!!!!

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

metarvo

Quote from: j-dub on December 07, 2008, 10:03:08 AM
Believe me though, the NWM is not something you want rushed to the market.

This is exactly right.  It is much better for something to work when it is released, even if it may take a while longer.  I'm not necessarily saying that the NWM doesn't work, but it does look a bit unwieldy.  Is that left turn signal really red, while the through signals are green?
Find my power line BAT thread here.
Check out the Noro Cooperative.  What are you waiting for?  It even has electricity.
Want more? Try here.  For even more electrical goodies, look here.
Here are some rural power lines.

j-dub

Yes, but if and when released, the final version may not do it.  The red light is only working because the through signals don't want to change red, but the signal over the turn lane is just red when the side of the T is.

zakuten

Well, even with the current left turn mod, not even the NWM, the left turn lights don't sync for me, so I dunno. Might just be another unsolvable mystery of the EXE. &mmm
Visit my MD Respublikii Anaksii , or the reboot CJ "Kara`i Shores" since the region wiped, at http://www.simtropolis.com/cityjournals/?p=toc&id=919 !
All comments are welcome! (Hopefully someday I can re-splice 'em together, but we'll see)

Tarkus

Well, the current Alpha Build is still extraordinarily rough.  It's not even time to start worrying about traffic signals, yet, really.   ::)

One of these days, I need to get back to it, but the RHW comes first right now.

-Alex (Tarkus)

MandelSoft

Hmmm... looks like I uninstall the NWM and the new TL-Plugin, and bring back the old one.
Lurk mode: ACTIVE

A200

I wish the NWM would come out  $%Grinno$% 5 lane one way roads would look cool in my city  :satisfied: hey I could recreate the Champs Elysees with it... hmm with two OWR-5s placed next to each other, going in opposite directions  ??? :o ;D

j-dub

What you described would take 4 tiles. Two 3 lane OWRs can go next to each other though, and don't take too much space. For the moment, we have the three lane OWR, which can be put next to two lane OWR which makes 5 lanes, but the conjoined two tile OWR 5, the one you might of seen with someone with it in a mosaic, still has yet to be anounced. I wouldn't ask for it, but since we discovered we can do four lane roads, not avenues on one tile with sidewalks on each side, a one tile OWR-4 is possible, side by side with 8 lanes to only take up two tiles, versus 4 tiles from a OWR making 10 lanes, but any 4 laners on single tiles are highly unlikely to be done with the NWM, as of this moment.

A200

The OWR5 is also in the first post of this thread (at the top of the page) in the list of network sizes and space consumed  ???

Patricius Maximus

Maybe the OWR-5 just isn't in the Alpha Builds yet. There's no picture of it in the main post.

nerdly_dood

The only picture i've ever seen of OWR-5 was in someone's recreation of New York - and even that was just PS'd eyecandy. &mmm Sure I'd like to have it, but I can't honestly say I'd use it much. I'd probably use OWR-3 a lot just to add variety where I already have OWRs, and I'd have a TLA-3 in shopping districts... ave-2 for suburban neighborhoods... etc.
My days here are numbered. It's been great and I've had a lot of fun, but I've moved on to bigger and better things.
—   EGO  VOBIS  VADELICO   —
Glory be unto the modder and unto the fun and unto the city game!

jeepboy

Personally, I'd use the 5-lane OWR a lot in my downtowns.  I live in Minneapolis in RL, and many of the downtown streets here have 4 or 5 lanes, all one-ways.  Heck, even if some kind of eye-candy mod for the standard OWR would be awesome because I think it'd make my downtowns seem a more realistic (to me at least).

genemc777

Do you think that you can add a double decker bridge?

Sort of like the Verrazano-Narrows Bridge or the Queensboro birgde in New York

j-dub

That will not be likely, visually it can be done, but function is highly unlikely. Two networks will not share the same dragged bridge. Bridges are not really a high priority for the NWM right now.

Eliteforce

&apls

Looks awesome.  I've always been disappointed with the lack of variety in avenues.

tacall

Quote from: Tarkus on December 07, 2008, 07:30:06 PM
Well, the current Alpha Build is still extraordinarily rough.  It's not even time to start worrying about traffic signals, yet, really.   ::)

One of these days, I need to get back to it, but the RHW comes first right now.

-Alex (Tarkus)

Please when you finish the RHW continue with this!!

remanh

This was probably mentioned before, but is there a possibility of a 1 tile RD-4?

j-dub

Of course, the possibility is there.

A lot of people would ask if this was possible. It would be possible to do it with a (small) sidewalk on each side. Chrisim proved it by making the T-RAM puzzle pieces, before history was able to bring this to life with the NWM. However, this type of thing to happen for the NWM is a long shot as the NWM is draggable based. We still have yet to catch up on the MAVE. Since I  have been given a GLR-in RD-4, I have been using those pieces for four lane roads carrying traffic through out, even though they are designed for trams to go through the middle, and again, I have occasionally allowed trains to run through them, even though thats not what it was designed for.

Tarkus

remanh, it's being considered, especially in light of the addition of the Tram-on-Road pieces in the T-RAM addon.

The main problem is that because the network is a single-tile, it would have the same capacity as the default 2-lane road.  It'd be eyecandy, pretty much.  It makes more sense with the T-RAM pieces, since you're getting added Light Rail functionality with them.

I'm not sure what all will be happening with this project--the RHW will still be a priority for me for some time to come, though I'll have a little better idea as to what will happen with the NWM by the end of the month.

-Alex (Tarkus)

j-dub

This is a great idea, but seriously, it wouldn't be fair for this concept to cut the line while other works of progress are still there.