• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

NWM (Network Widening Mod) - Development and Support

Started by Tarkus, May 03, 2007, 08:47:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tarkus

Quote from: NewYorker05 on June 29, 2008, 08:28:41 AM
Can you show pictures of the 5 lane 1-way and pictures of the 4 and 6 lane MAVE please ? (with american striping) :)

We can't really, since they're not actively in development right now.

Note: I have moved all the discussion on traffic signals to a new thread, Traffic Signals in SC4--A Discussion Thread.  It can be found in the main NAM Place board.  All further discussion on traffic signals should go there.

Edgware

so what are you guys actively working on now?  it looks to me like you're focusing on the TLA-3 and TLA-5.  am I right?
Cities:

Tenian
Montgomery
Marketville
Bel Air Columbia

allan_kuan1992

They're working on stuff...

However, with the amount of networks that they have to do it's daunting in a sense. You see, they have the RHWs, the ERHWs, the RHWMISs, and then the MAVE and the TLAs and slip lanes. Maybe I should re-make that list that I had long ago for everyone:

Completed:

RHW 2
RHW 4
RHW 6C (Orthogonal)
RHWMIS 1

Upcoming:

RSL (right turn slip lanes)
LTL (left turn turning lanes)
AVE 2
ARD 3*
MAVE 4
AVE 6
OWR 3*
OWR 5*
OWR 4 (this would be functional, but they don't have it in development yet)
TLA 3
TLA 5
TLA 7
RHW 3*
RHW 6C
RHW 8S
RHW 8C*
RHW 10*
ERHW 4
DDRHW 4*
ERHW 6 (not sure if seperate* or compact)
DDRHW 6 (not sure if seperate or compact)*
ERHWMIS 1

* means networks are functionally eyecandy due to Maxis limitation of using per tile rather than per lane. In some configurations capacity might be bigger or less than what the network should be able to handle.

There's a large holdup in the projects because of the difficulty of making the networks go diagonally, especially all of the larger 3-tile networks. SA, Tarkus, JPumbley, and Memo have all been plagued with RL, so don't expect fast progress on any of the projects in the short term. You just have to be patient and hope that they will be released soon. Tarkus had hinted in a PM of a limited scaled-down NWM release (not sure about RHW) but I'm not sure of the status of that.

- Allan Kuan

MandelSoft

Lurk mode: ACTIVE

Shadow Assassin

And it's useful for me too so I know what next needs to be done. :P

I've got some time handy, so I'll be doing more MAVE stuff.
New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dedgren ♦ dmscopio ♦ Ennedi
emilin ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ papab2000
Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
See my uploads on the LEX!

Edgware

cool, wow lots of projects to do.  is there any good modding tutorials?  i want to try some things out
Cities:

Tenian
Montgomery
Marketville
Bel Air Columbia

nerdly_dood

I'd love to see even just plain ol' MAVE-4 and TLA-5, that's all I really want. (Oh, and the right-turn slip lanes.)

I can use elevated avenues for now as far as ERHW goes.
My days here are numbered. It's been great and I've had a lot of fun, but I've moved on to bigger and better things.
—   EGO  VOBIS  VADELICO   —
Glory be unto the modder and unto the fun and unto the city game!

Edgware

The ones i'm most looking forward to are right turn slip lanes, tla-5, tlr-3, mave-4, and ave-6
Cities:

Tenian
Montgomery
Marketville
Bel Air Columbia

nerdly_dood

My days here are numbered. It's been great and I've had a lot of fun, but I've moved on to bigger and better things.
—   EGO  VOBIS  VADELICO   —
Glory be unto the modder and unto the fun and unto the city game!

Starmanw402007

The TLAs I'm looking forward to are these. TLA-3, TLA 5,AVE4/6/8 AND ARD-3. Those would give me more options when I continue my cities...
Your Friend;
Mayor Of Steven's Point & Maxiston
(Proud To Be Cities Of Sim Nation!)

deathtopumpkins

That's a pretty big project list, but what's DDRHW? Double-deceker RHW?
NAM Team Member | 3RR Collaborater | Virgin Shores

Patricius Maximus

A "scaled-down NWM release"? Such as orthogonal only? I wouldn't mind it, so long as the full version is released later (which I'm sure Tarkus will do). Here is a list of what I am awaiting in the NWM arranged from most wanted to least wanted.

1. TLR-3
2. TLA-5
3. MAVE-4
4. OWR-3
5. RSL (right turn slip lanes)
6. TLA-7
7. AVE-6
8. ARD-3
9. OWR-5
10. OWR-4
11. LTL
12. AVE-2

And, of course, the RHW stuff is way up there, but this is the NWM thread...

I like the list of upcoming NWM and RHW networks. Gives me a good idea of what's coming up so I can prepare for it.

I've also seen some "month-old pics" of the next RHW, and I am anxiously awaiting it. I also gather that the next version is well on it's way to be released. Am I correct in assuming this?

Anyway, it all looks great, and I'm looking forward to the next release of one of these mods.

- Patricius Maximus

Starmanw402007

Your Friend;
Mayor Of Steven's Point & Maxiston
(Proud To Be Cities Of Sim Nation!)

deathtopumpkins

Tarkus

Quote from: deathtopumpkins on July 03, 2008, 01:36:43 PM
That's a pretty big project list, but what's DDRHW? Double-decker RHW?

Indeed it is.  It suffers from capacity issues, though.  A DDRHW-4 would have the same capacity as an RHW-2 (being a 1-tile network).

Quote from: Patricius Maximus on July 03, 2008, 04:33:38 PM
A "scaled-down NWM release"? Such as orthogonal only? I wouldn't mind it, so long as the full version is released later (which I'm sure Tarkus will do).

That's certainly possible.  Doing diagonals for the 1-tile networks wouldn't be out of the question, though. The concept I had was to do the 1-tile networks (TLA-3, AVE-2, ARD-3, OWR-1, OWR-3) plus the Orthogonal-only TLA-5.  There are some stability issues to figure out with intersections between multiple 1-tile NWM networks.  They may have to be puzzle pieces, but I'm not sure. 

-Alex (Tarkus)

deathtopumpkins

I don't think that I, for one, would mind the capacity. Doesn't the RHW2 already have a pretty good capacity though? (With the default)

That'd be pretty cool. I'm anxious to get a hold of some of these. Question about using puzzle pieces though: The TLAs have their center turn lane become a left turn only lane at intersections, so how would using a puzzle piece handle this? Would the puzzle piece have to extend 2 tiles down each network, or would it automatically create the turn lane? As long as it's not too difficult, I think puzzle pieces would be OK.

Two signatures?  ???

j-dub

Quote from: deathtopumpkinsI don't think that I, for one, would mind the capacity
I second that. The concept is good enough, let alone covering all these projects anyway.

MandelSoft

Lurk mode: ACTIVE

simzebu

I have a quick question about the 2-tile networks: Will they be dragged with avenue or with two one-tile networks? I ask because, assuming the starter pieces can work with 2-tile networks, it would be a lot easier to drag them, orthogonally and diagonally, with avenue.
Known as Embolalia in numerous other places.

Penguins, Python, and Programming, oh my!

Edgware

wait so does this mean a road has the same capacity as a street but just has a higher speed?  huh, interesting.  well i don't mind about the capacity either, the functionality is good enough.   
Cities:

Tenian
Montgomery
Marketville
Bel Air Columbia