• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

NWM (Network Widening Mod) - Development and Support

Started by Tarkus, May 03, 2007, 08:47:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tarkus

From the looks of things, I'm not sure it's a faulty path, but more than likely, it's something with the Transit Query tool--it has a tendency to show faulty data from time to time.  It looks like it's showing the arrow going directly through the building.

That TE Lot and the setup you have there probably doesn't help it, nor do the deconverted two tile stretches of RHW there.  I think the way you're using the networks, puzzle pieces and TE Lots has a lot to do with the issues you're having--they're not really designed for that sort of thing.

I'll be back with an update on the TLAs in a little while.

-Alex (Tarkus)

Ryan B.

Alex, 'progress' should be your middle name.  Good work - and I can't wait to see the update.

Starmanw402007

I agree good work on the updates. When they finally do come, most likely we'd have to detele the TWL from J-Dub?

Your Freind;
Mayor Of Steven's Point & Maxiston
(Proud To Be Cities Of Sim Nation!)
Your Friend;

Tarkus

A small development update, as promised.  I've been working on the TLA-3/Avenue intersection.  The TLA-3 Intersection Turn Lane code I put in has been enabled for this intersection, and rest assured, I plan to get the Avenue Turn Lanes working here, too.  There's still some rather sketchy prototype textures here as well. 

Next up I'm planning to hit the TLA-5/TLA-3 and TLA-5/Avenue intersections, and then add in turn lanes for the TLA-5/TLA-5 intersection.

I've also started switching the TLA-5 from the old Side-by-Side Road override, to a Side-by-Side TLA-3 override, which will allow the RULs to be transparent when the mod is not installed. 

Starman--it was actually burgsabre87 (ryanb_sc4) who made the original Two-Way Left Turn Lane (TWLTL) texture mod.  To answer your question, you won't need to delete it (it's all textures, no RULs), but you will probably want to, since they'll be able to function and co-exist with the Maxis Avenues once the TLA-5 is released.

-Alex (Tarkus)

Starmanw402007

Tarkus, that looks fantastic!  &apls Keep those updates coming. Loving every minute of it. Could solve some of my fender benders I keep on here in my cities LOL.

Your Friend;
(Pround To Be Cities Of Sim Nation!)
Your Friend;

debutterfly

Alex, who's doing the textures for the TLA project? They look awesome!! ;) Also will there be overpasses and underpasses included in the TLA project somewhere along the line?  Saying to himself (me): "I need to start learning how to do RULs in my expansive free time."  :P

j-dub

Um yeah, from ryan like you said Tarkus. %confuso (thanks for the clarification) I will say this though, since the ATL concept, I liked the American turn lane so that stays, unless the ATL has the double yellow line as well, rather than the original NAM avenue intersection texture. And again Tarkus, I like the concept of having both median avenues, and 5 lane avenues at the same time that you mentioned. As for the recent developement Yes, its back! The road left turn to 4 lane. Thats something I used to be able to do with the old RHW when it was the ant network, as seen below. I was allowed to have left turn lanes to it for some wierd reason by having the intersection automatically connect the rhw to road, just like how roads automatically attach to streets, except with a light at the crossings; but when you drew it, that didn't happen, silly ant network. Advised not to test that statement, don't want to cause you guys to U-turn. @jplumbley, finally the weekend is close, time to rest up. I hope this stuff isn't making you sleep deprived. :P  

Haljackey

Very nice Tarkus!  I like the amount of detail put into that intersection; you even included the double-yellow line!  Now that's what I call effort!

Best,
-Haljackey

Tarkus

Thanks for the feedback, everyone!   I really do appreciate it.  :thumbsup:

Quote from: debutterfly on February 22, 2008, 07:25:33 AM
Alex, who's doing the textures for the TLA project? They look awesome!! ;) Also will there be overpasses and underpasses included in the TLA project somewhere along the line?  Saying to himself (me): "I need to start learning how to do RULs in my expansive free time."  :P

The TLA-5 textures are burgsabre87's, and the all the TLA-3 textures (including this past update) are mine.

As far as underpasses/overpasses go, there will be draggable El-Rail and Monorail (and probably HSR) underpasses, and Network-over-TLA puzzle pieces.  I'm not sure about making elevated TLA-5, as the Avenue pieces will essentially serve the function of Elevated TLA-5 (though perhaps they could use a facelift at some point), and I'm not really sure about the TLA-3 (it'd technically be an AVE-2 Elevated). 

Hope that answers your questions.

Back with more in a little while.

-Alex (Tarkus)

DFire870

I don't think overpasses for the TLAs are needed, because what are you going to use the turning lane for? It's a bridge so there's nowhere to turn to. :P

-- John
After a long absence, I'm back! And I will be starting a new MD soon.

Toichus Maximus

well, there definitely need to be overpasses/underpasses for rail, at least...

Starmanw402007

Ah, I see now. U just modified it to have the middle lane accessable to traffic right?
Your Friend;

Ryan B.

That's about it, yes - plus adding connectivity with the MIS, and cleaning up the textures.  :)

yoshiisland2

Quote from: Haljackey on February 22, 2008, 08:37:43 AM
Very nice Tarkus!  I like the amount of detail put into that intersection; you even included the double-yellow line!  Now that's what I call effort!

Best,
-Haljackey

I know!  And that's just a prototype!  The amount of work put into this is just amazing.  You've all added so much to the game already, but the idea of having this in my cities...I love to think how much more unique they'll be! :thumbsup: &apls
-Yoshi

kassarc16

Hey Tarkus, I just had a thought. Will the MAVEs have left turn capability, or just function like normal Aves?

dragonshardz

Tarkus I would definitely recommend making an HSR underpass, HSR is only in it's second pre-alpha but it's looking great already.

If your wondering, Warrior's development cycle is Update _._ (Pre-Alpha Stage), then Alpha _._, then Beta _._

I like the Pre-alpha bit, it gives me more time as first tester to play with it!  ;D ()stsfd()

Tarkus

Thanks for all the support, everyone.   :thumbsup:

And I'm back with another development update.  The Avenue turn lanes have now been added to the TLA-3/Avenue intersection.  And thus, it should be fairly easy for me to now add Avenue Turn Lanes and TLA-5 turn lanes to just about any other intersection I want to. :)

I even got the T-Intersection working.

kassarc16, to answer your question, I hadn't really thought about it yet, but that makes some sense.  Of course, the left turning motions (or right turning motions for you LHD folks) on MAVEs tend to be a bit . . . um . . . adventurous.   :D

And as far as HSR compatibility goes, dragonshardz, I had already been thinking about that possibility.  Warrior has really done some nice work on that project.