• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Cidwm's MD

Started by Cidwm, September 14, 2010, 11:17:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cidwm

Hi,

I am deployed over here in Afghanistan with the US Army for 12 months. Can get boring at times here. I am new at MDing so i would like constructive criticism. I will not have much time to play, i work 12 hours a day and i am married so i use allot of my free time to talk to family when i can.

My MD does not have a story its just me building things as i go.

I like many of the MDs here which have inspired me to start my own.

My wife is Japanese so i decided to do a Japanese type cities for my region.

よろしく m(_ _)m

here's the first picture starting a new little town a
where this passenger station is.

By cidwm at 2010-09-14

Started building up the center of a new town in my new region

By cidwm at 2010-09-14

some farms

By cidwm at 2010-09-1

Start of some industry

By cidwm at 2010-09-14

jigsaw

see you over there in 4 months :thumbsup:

insert signature here

Cidwm

jigsaw - I'll be here. :thumbsup:  Thanks for the reply.

Update2:

Center of the city is growing. I like it. Still haven't named this city.

By cidwm at 2010-09-16

Did some farms and Tanbo(rice fields)

By cidwm at 2010-09-16

By Cidwm at 2010-09-16

By Cidwm at 2010-09-16

Wish i could find more industry buildings that look like they are from Japan.

Nexis4Jersey

Very nice , i think there are more Japanese buildings.    I'm sure if you look through the Japanese forum you'll find what your looking for. :thumbsup:

kelis

Great city and great details, good job  &apls &apls
.                                                                                                                      

|| Benelux Team || Windows on the World || My Photos on Flickr || Kelis BNL Projects ||

Cidwm

Nexis4Jersey - thanks for the reply. Yeah i've been searching in there for a few years now for bats, never seem to be enough industry bats.

Kelis - thanks for the reply. Glad you like it.

Well bad news, my wife said there is no stone walls around farms, i was sure i saw a few small ones. All well guess that farm will be paved over when the city expands.  :-\

update 3 :

Well my main road is getting congested, guess going to have to upgrade it to an avenue soon. I started planning it but didn't have enough time to finish it. Hopefully get some time in to build it up soon. I might go with the new Network widening mod or a normal avenue.

By null at 2010-09-19

By null at 2010-09-19

By null at 2010-09-19

penguin007

Very nice start here I like your farming and industrial areas a lot

Will

Lowkee33

Nice detail work.

I don't know about Japan, but in the North East USA we have stone walls everywhere.  All of NE used to be farm land and we have a ton of rocks, so farmers would build walls around their property lines.  Much of the farms no longer exist, but to this day there are stone walls pretty much everywhere running through the woods (not to mention various piles of bricks and old tractors that rust the days away).

I don't mean to say your wife is wrong.  :-[

TiFlo

Quote from: Cidwm on September 19, 2010, 02:46:28 AM
Well bad news, my wife said there is no stone walls around farms, i was sure i saw a few small ones. All well guess that farm will be paved over when the city expands.  :-\

I'd have thought the same for North America. But I hike a lot, and sometimes, in land that once was farmed but is now abandoned and has been reclaimed by the forest, I come across those very stone walls still standing for hundreds of meters. Mind you, as Lowkee33 said, this is on the eastern side of the continent. I have no idea what it's like further West.

Also, you can still see standing those typical 19th Century asymmetrical wooden fences here. If lucky, you'll notice their base is held together by a small stone wall (well, it really is stones piled together to provide some strength to the fences foundation). Quite often, thoses stones are all that remain from the fence.

EDIT: here is an example of what I mean. Watch the first 10 seconds, and around 5'. And yes, the example is what it is, but I saw the movie not long ago and remembered it showing those mixed stone-wood fences.  ;D

Cidwm

penguin007 - Thank you

Lowkee33 - Yeah I know what you mean. :)

TiFlo - Thanks TiFlo. That is interesting.

My wife's point was that many farmers don't build stone walls because of the earthquakes in Japan, the walls would crumble.

Out west  most fences are barbwire or a wooden fence line around ranches and farms. A lot of the huge corporate run farms don't even have a fences around them at all just miles of open fields.

Update 4:

Pic of my region. I am using the Toyama map from the NHP Japan Pak 5 By blade2k5 & papab2000

By cidwm at 2010-09-21

Here's my new avenue. i decided to use the avenue over NWM's streets because i am using MAS71's Japanese street mod. I did use some telups  :)

By cidwm at 2010-09-21

By cidwm at 2010-09-21

By cidwm at 2010-09-21

Just west of the new avenue

By cidwm at 2010-09-21

New avenue extends right into the next quad, 43

By cidwm at 2010-09-21

By cidwm at 2010-09-21

Cidwm

What is the code to re-size images? :P

Terring7

[img height=300(an example)]http://anything.jpg[/img] ;D

And keep going, your M.D. is lovely :thumbsup:
"The wisest men follow their own direction" Euripides
The Choice is Ours
---
Simtropolis Moderator here. Can I help? Oh, and you can call me Elias (my real name) if you wish.

Cidwm

Terring7 - Thank you, I appreciate it.

Update 5:

Finally got some free time to play sim city 4.Here some pictures of the downtown area i've been working on.

Sorry don't have more, i've been busy.

Shot at 2010-09-26

Shot at 2010-09-26

Shot at 2010-09-26

Shot at 2010-09-26

Tomas Neto

I like a lot of your downtown area!!! Very well done!!!

rooker1

Very nice start. 

Please remember to keep your images to a max size of 1024x768.  You can resize them by adding in this code.
[img height=768]..........
or
[img width=1024]........this one is the one you'll most likely use the most as the width is more important than the hieght. ;)
I have resized the above so far. ;)

I look forward to seeing more.

Robin  :thumbsup:
Call me Robin, please.

Battlecat

Great start!  Your region has a very nice style!

Cidwm

Neto - Thanks Neto

rooker1 - Thank you. Roger i'll start resizing the images from now on.

Battlecat - Thank you very much. Coming from the author of the adara MD means a lot.  :)

A region pic. Working on a airport for the region. You can see the area i started to level to the north west in quad 42. Hope to have more pics later when i get some good free time to play.

By Cidwm at 2010-09-30

RickD

That region shot looks really good. I'm looking forward to the airport.
My name is Raphael.
Visit my MD: Empire Bay (My old MD: Santa Barbara County)

Cidwm

RickD - Thank  you. Been working on my airport when i can. Think i am going to need to learn how to lot to get it the way i want it.

Update: 6

Here is the start of Toyama International Airport. Took awhile to figure out the pieces.

Over view showing where the terminal is going to be when the airport is done.

By cidwm at 2010-10-05

Runway 18

By cidwm at 2010-10-05

Runway 36

By cidwm at 2010-10-05

closer look at the new terminal and ramp/apron under construction

By cidwm at 2010-10-05