• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

SC4 Devotion bugs and technical issues...

Started by jeronij, November 05, 2006, 05:34:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jeronij

Please, post here all the bugs and/or technical issues you may find while using the site´s features. Be as clear as possible when explaining the problem, and post a pic when possible, to help us diagnose and solve the problem.
I am currently not active - Please, contact Tarkus for any site related matter. Thanks for enjoying SC4D :D

Autism Awareness;  A Father Shares
Mallorca My Mayor Diary

bat

There doesn't appear my avatar in the left-box of the reply. (image-size: 80x80 pxl; 9,5 KB)

bat

ExiLe

H! Bat!

hmm, have you tried to change the image format. This shouldn't be a problem if your image is jpeg or gif though...

take care,
...coming soon

wouanagaine

Is there a way to flag a PM as read ?
I can only erase the PM. and even if I read the PM it still count in the 'My Messages' (number)
Or I may just have not seen the button  ::)

New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio ♦ dedgren ♦ emilin ♦ Ennedi ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley
M4346 ♦ moganite ♦ Papab2000 ♦ Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
Divide wouanagaine by zero and you will in fact get one...one bad-ass that is - Alek King of SC4

jeronij

Hi to all,

bat, in your profile there is no custom pic. Make sure you uploaded to the "forums profile" and not to the "site profile"

wngn, once you read a message is set as read. In your profile window (to the left) you will always see how many messages you do have in your inbox, read or unread. If you have some unread one, the it will be shown in the same window.

&smrt
I am currently not active - Please, contact Tarkus for any site related matter. Thanks for enjoying SC4D :D

Mallorca My Mayor Diary

ExiLe

This isn't really a problem, but something really cool about this forum that I just noticed! (I am a bit slow :D )
Namely that it doesn't matter how Wide your reply area is. This means that you more or less can post images as wide as you want, and you can just use the built in scroll to view the whole image/text area.

Example is the "Topic: Using the site´s codes - A Must Read !!!!" by Jeronij in the "New Members" area.

This is something that really bugs me about ST. And is solved very well in the SC4Devotion forums!
GOOD JOB!

take care,
...coming soon

bat

Thanks &apls, jeronij! Proplem is solved (as you can see).

wouanagaine

I've just get into jeroni thread showing peirares pictures

unfortunatly I can't easily navigate thru them as the horizontal scrolling bar is per post and not a general one

I'm running in 1024x768. so basically I can only see the left part of the first pic, if I want to see the right part, I need to scroll down, find the horizontal bar for the post I'm reading, scroll the bar to the right, then scroll back to the first pic  etc..

Can something can be done about that ?

New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio ♦ dedgren ♦ emilin ♦ Ennedi ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley
Divide wouanagaine by zero and you will in fact get one...one bad-ass that is - Alek King of SC4

jeronij

Quote from: wouanagaine on November 09, 2006, 03:14:29 PM
I've just get into jeroni thread showing peirares pictures

unfortunatly I can't easily navigate thru them as the horizontal scrolling bar is per post and not a general one

I'm running in 1024x768. so basically I can only see the left part of the first pic, if I want to see the right part, I need to scroll down, find the horizontal bar for the post I'm reading, scroll the bar to the right, then scroll back to the first pic  etc..

Can something can be done about that ?

After a quick check I could not find a solution. I´ll investigate further. (tomorrow  ;))

Mallorca My Mayor Diary

bat

I think I have the same problem:

at 1280 x 960 pxl.

Hope you can solved the problem quickly!

wouanagaine

ok it seems that jeroni has work on the solution, it is better as now the scrollbar is attached to the pic  &apls

but, yes there is a little but, don't know if it is fixeable easily, I'm just nitpicking, so don't bother too much :)

I still can only see part of the pic when scrolling. I mean the general post layout is fixed. and I still have the white column and the column for the poster info. in 1024x768 the real content of the post start around 25% from the left screen border. so I somehow lost 25% of my screen to see the pic.

New Horizons Productions

bat

I see the scrollbar under each picture, too!
Thanks for this solution. Now I can see the whole picture, even if it costs some time more than without using the scrollbar.
Perhaps you can fix this problem without scrollbars, or is this impossible?

Another bug:

The post-counter and topic-counter don't work on some "main"-topics!

bat

jeronij

Hello to all,

As you have noticed, I got a partial solution for the scrollbars issue. I am waiting to see if the forums support team can also give me a solution to completely remove the scrollbars. With a scrollbar under each pic it is impossible to post a mosaic  &mmm . If they can not be removed completely, I´ll leave them as they originally were. (one single scrollbar for the whole post)

Anyway, I have also a partial solution for scrolling without having to go to the bottom of the post, (when there is a  unique scrollbar ). You can clik on a picture and use the keyboard arrows to scroll the pic. You dont need to go to search the scrollbar at the end of the post.

About this 25% of screen somehow "lost" it happens because the forums are a independent software integrated into the main site.  This 25% of space is occupied by: Main site menu and Forum member profile.

I can set the forums to be unwraped, that is, they will show as a completely stand alone software. I can program this, but I have no idea how to modify the forums to add a link to let you go back to the main site´s page ( where the downloads, news and City Journals will be). After some testing yesterday, I noticed that the only way to go back in that situation, is to logout from the forums  ??? . This is not a valid solution actually.

Well, the only thing I could conveniently solve these last days, was adding some new smilies, like the sly, ninja, kiss, and some others. I hope you find them useful  ;)

&kiss &mmm &nj &prt &blush &ops &dd %wrd &sly

Oh, I also added some tutorials to the Nem Members area section, related to use the BBC/HTML tags.

Mallorca My Mayor Diary

Alfred.Jones

I hope you find a way of fixing that scroll problem Jeronij

Thanks for adding some more smileys %wrd

I noticed some more that normal. ;D

Sim City 4 Devotion

bat

jeronij

Hello again, well some of the problems reported has been solved.  The forums with child forums do show now the number of topics and post.
On the other hand, the problem with the scrollbars and the images has not been solved yet. I have to say I am getting a great help from the Simple Machines Foruns Support members, and they are really nice and helpful, we are on the right way...it is just a matter of time....

OK, lets see if we can fix all the forums related issues, and can start with other sections, like the downloads one  ;)

Mallorca My Mayor Diary

jeronij

Oh, well, today is a good day  :thumbsup: !!!

Finally, and thanks to the unpayable help from the Simple Machines Forum support team, the scrollbars have been removed. I do also think this is the best way, so we can post big pictures, and everybody will be able to see them.

ExilE, i am sorry because you liked the scrollbars option.

On the other hand, I would strongly suggest to the 1024 or less screen owners, to buy a new one  ;D . I am using a 1900x1200 one and it is simply fantastic   &dance

Ok, enough joke, I think that all the issues posted here have been solved, so I can try to go with the next sections for the site...Let me know if you find some other issues or problems in the forums as soon as possible.

Mallorca My Mayor Diary

bat

Thanks for solving this problem! Now it is faster than scrolling images per images!

QuoteI am using a 1900x1200 one and it is simply fantastic

How many xx" has your monitor that 1900x1200 isn't to small for the eyes?

wouanagaine

thx a lot jeroni ! You're doing a fantastic job  &apls

but now, I'm really sorry to give you more :( I have a new problem, and as bat replied without complaining maybe it is just on my PC

in this topic, your 2 last replies appear to be at 1200 px from the left side :( over around 2000px

and bat's one is even farther

If it is only me, then don't bother

New Horizons Productions

Alfred.Jones

That is great Jeronij! Thanks to you and the Simple Machines Forum Support Team :thumbsup:

Sim City 4 Devotion