• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Side Project - rerendering Mattb325 BSC BAT Props Vol01

Started by mattb325, October 22, 2011, 07:01:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mattb325

Thanks guys

Some more progress - I made the lots/foundations for the 1940's houses:

There is also a 1x2 shown on the corner. I will potentially make a 1x3 for these suburban ones as well to tie in with Maxis lot sizes.....

...and the lots for the City Rd terraces. These do not have custom foundations, but handle slopes well non-the-less as they basically square and flush with the street:

Both the 1940's homes and the terraces are part of their own building family.

At a certain point, I will look at making a 'foundation pack' for all of the cottage ornee houses that I have released. The custom foundations aren't too hard, and it is only a matter of updating the building/lot status in the reader...however, that does take some time, and I want to knock over this project and the Maxis replacement project first.

Lach77

Wow.....Just Wow!

Im nearly speechless at the sight of these! The detail on the front exterior of those 1940s houses..... I can't wait to get my hands on these.

Jack_wilds

excellent and awesome progress  :thumbsup:... the anticipation is growing &apls

toxicpiano

Good to see this is still being worked on, keep it up mate.
I find that alcohol, taken in sufficient quantities, can bring about all the effects of drunkenness.

mattb325

Thanks all...slowly but surely this is almost wrapping up....

The traditional 'kendrick' from the modern house pack gets a makeover, added to a building family and a foundation:

The 45 degree version needs to be done, and then the 'worthington' model needs to be re-rendered (ortho and 45 degree); then it's final moddding and hopefully release soon after.

Girafe

looks good Matt, I just would say that swimmingpool can't follow the slope  ;D
The Floraler

This is the end, hold your breath and count to ten, feel the earth move, and then...

*   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *    *   *   *   *   *    * 

art128

Quote from: Girafe on June 17, 2012, 01:21:26 AM
looks good Matt, I just would say that swimmingpool can't follow the slope  ;D

Shhhhh, Matt has a degree in Physics Science! :D
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

mattb325

Maxis set their pool props to conform to the slope....these are shown on pretty jagged/steep slopes. In reality most players will have more gentle slopes in their game.

Kendrick 45 degree:

2x2, 2x3 and 3x2 corner lots

Jack_wilds

progress is happening...  &apls progress is always a good thing... like the 'flex' able lotting

THX for the 'embassy apts' as they are acting as dorms for one of the clayhurst campuses [I wish that something good to happen that the remainder of JB's UofC EP 1&2&3 were finally released on the lex -its been years and no news, apparently their done but are held up somewhere]

anyway... your projects are moving along  :satisfied:

FrankU

Quote from: mattb325 on June 22, 2012, 08:14:41 PM
Maxis set their pool props to conform to the slope....

Another proof of Maxis's poor understandig of basic physical laws!

mattb325

The Maxis pools are pretty useful, even if they are slope conforming.

If they set this to stay flat, then on a slope, half of the hill would sit over the water, and the other half of the 'inground' pool would be floating mid air. To make a prop family, I suspect Maxis opted for the lesser of two evils.
The main reason for their usefulness is that they are in a prop family and the water looks really good, just like  pool on a sunny summers day should. Even to this day, there are few other props to choose from. The only other inground pool prop family is SG's, and they are designed for mansions rather than your average middle class house.

Worthington ortho is up next

2x3, 2x2 and 1x2 lots

mattb325

toxicpiano

I find that alcohol, taken in sufficient quantities, can bring about all the effects of drunkenness.

NASCAR_Guy

Show us what you look like http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=1142.0

Just call me Dave

Kergelen

Links to SC4 websites

Mulu2065

All this looks really good. I've been loving the stuff you put on the STEX and the other stuff on your other thread you revealed. Any progress on this? I see you released that medical house. :thumbsup:

Swordmaster

Your houses are perfect, as ever.  :thumbsup:

As to the pools, I'm not their biggest fan as they effectively limit lots to be used in cities with warm climates. Just a personal peeve.

Cheers
Willy

Lach77

Hey

Do you have any updates on this project, I can't wait to see these BATs in my cities

mattb325

Thanks for the comments guys

Quote from: Lach77 on October 22, 2012, 11:11:38 PM
Hey

Do you have any updates on this project, I can't wait to see these BATs in my cities

Just a bit of an update....some of these were lost during a recent hard drive failure. I have some of the models on a secure back-up as well as most of the gmax files so many that were lost can be re-rendered. It may just take a little while  &mmm