• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Shoreman's Lots

Started by shoreman905, October 01, 2010, 09:01:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

shoreman905

I think it might be time to post a few of the lots I make for fun. As a former model railroader, kit bashing was my favorite pastime and SC4 is both cheaper and faster. These lots are not meant for release, mearly for my entertainment, but I wish to share them with you. I begin with some lots intended for an MD I am preparing, "Bayport Beach"/ This first example is Bayford Construction Company, responsible for all the waterfront development in Bayport.

This consists of three lots, an 8x8, a 5x5 and a 13x5. Here are some closeups, I enjoy making small scenes throughout my lots, it's that model railroading thing.

and this angle.

Here the employees unload a railcar.

and finally an area used to discard old equipment.

rooker1

I love it! 
The details and thought that I can see tells me that it took you a very long time to put this together.
I think you shold consider releasing it eventually as eye candy as this is definately top notch LOTting!

Robin  &apls
Call me Robin, please.

Lowkee33

Those are terrific lots.  I am also giving the new T1 some LE right now.

For some critique I think that the entrance/exit should be larger and the textures on the 5x5 dont quite match up.

Well done.

shoreman905

Thank you for the very kind reviews. Lowkee, you are most observant. The textures on two of the lots are mine, I added brown noise to the standard dirt texture, then forgot to replace the tiles on the original lot, that has been fixed. As well, I noticed my fence line on the gravel lot is no where near right, fixed that too. I balance my time between owning and operating a small fruit farm, and producing at the Palace Theatre in Cape Charles, one physical the other mental, lotting is my true relaxation and I look forward to my time to create.

Lowkee33

No problem.  This is excellent stuff an deserves a little prodding.  Do you use PIMX-LEX to lot?  There is a "snap-to-grid" feature that makes fence work go quickly.  One can also press "d" to duplicate multiple things and then "shift-home/insert" to rotate them all together.

I noticed in your last picture that there is "straw" growing through the roof of the building.  One trick I have found is that the building itself can be raised off the ground a little and no one will be the wiser.

I look forward to your MD.

shoreman905

By golly you are right about the vegitation on the roof. I really have no idea how that got there, I thought it was down with the junk, oh well, something more to fix. I use the regular LE because I presketch the lots in photoshop and float LE over that as a guide. The X tool is 'bout as good as sliced bread, couldn't proceed without it. These shots were just ingame tests, I should be more careful if I publish I suppose. And with all the time I spend in LE, I didn't know that keyboard, thank you, that will save time.  MD coming together, first I will set out some real theme lots here.

shoreman905

Now I would like to get into the meat of Bayport Beach. This MD is about an Atlantic coast resort town founded at the turn of the last century and grew as all towns do with mixtures of architecture and local color. Such resort towns develop a sometimes gaudy look, but then a tourist would hardly be attracted to the same brick and concrete they have back home. Here are a few examples from along the boardwalk.

At each intersection with a side street, a public access park is present, each with its own decoration.

The museum is just one of many attractions along the boardwalk. This portion of the MD is now complete with 53 individual lots. The most difficult task (other than finding the right buildings) was making sure the boardwalk matched correctly with entrances and lighting. I used PEG's boardwalks and he only gave us a street and a beach entrance, no straight pieces, so they had to be checkerboarded the entire lenght, that produced problems along the way. A look at the gaudy lights next time.

TiFlo

Wow. WOW. Those are beautiful! You perfectly nailed the Atlantic coast look and feel. I especially love your Hotel Atlantic. It reminds me of some coastal cities from Brittany and Normandy.

Kakado_to_save

supremec

Very interesting your lots  &apls
You made a remarkable work :thumbsup:
Click on the banner to see my BATs

Shark7

Shoreman905

These lots are beautiful.  If you were to ever release them to the public, I'd certainly download and use them.  Excellent work!  :thumbsup:  &apls

Rayden

Did you guys noticed this is nearly 10 months old? ::)

shoreman905

Indeed it is very old, a hard drive death stopped development. Everything was backed up, I just never got around to putting back onto the new drive. Your notes have inspired me to rejoin that effort, so I hope to have some new things for you soon......Shoreman

selles

Nice to hear you're feeling inspired to start up again. You have real talent and patience, and most definitely an eye for detail. I'll be sure to check back.