• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

LEX DISK V.1 Installation Process

Started by CompelX, January 28, 2010, 03:48:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CompelX

First off, I would like to say a word of thanks for the hard work obviously put into these content DVDs.

I have received the disks and in preparation, I have uninstalled both the expansion (Rush Hour) and the base (SC4). I have also manually located and deleted the Sim City 4 user data folder, in fear that perhaps a mod or two still survived the uninstallation process.

Here are my questions:

• Do I need to update the game via the patch on EA's website before installation of LEX?
  • Which items conflict with each other, or rather, which areas do I need to manually sort through (even if I wish to install as much compatible content as possible)
  • Some of the objects in game have what appears to be a placeholder (a Maxis box graphic). Does this mean I must go to the external dependencies and download something?

Thanks for your help! Oh and sleek design on the disk labels as well ;)
DeftVendicarsi
"There is violence in Chicago, but not by me or anyone I employ, and I will tell you why, because it's not good business"

Snitchie

I am doing the same , starting now.

I followed this install process

1. Install SC4 deluxe edition
2. Update the game with correct Simcity.com Auto Update.
3. Do the Light BAT fixes Bat Nightlight fix . from simcity.com site.
4. NAM
5. RHW
6. Lot Editor
7. Start bvrowsing the LEX dvd.. and this time.. not everything at once..    ::)   

Starting now , so lets c how it goes..  Time to fix up this old car.

And again awesome disc's   thanks !  :D
Drive safe!

xxdita

Not only will you need to get the official updates, (which are available by clicking on the EA Support button at the top of every page, though often overlooked), you will also need to get buildingprops 1 & 2, which are also available from the EA Support page here at SC4D.

The only possibly conflicting files on the disc are the mods (terrain mods, tree controllers, etc). Make sure you check out the included ReadMe files on these before you install them, to make sure you get the one that you want, and which files may conflict with it.

Snitchie

Now ive updated all the dependencies from the disc, and the external ones. ( including the ones from EA site ).

Essentials placed in /plugins   the rest of dependenscies placed under /plugins/dependencies .

Started the game, and it worked fine. Some new lots here and there. But as u mentioned the tree's  I clicked Cyccledog trees in the PEG dependencies install ( external ).   Those this mean I must'nt install any other trees ?

Now starting to browse Lots. Cam , and choose a terrain mod..
Drive safe!

Snitchie

There all done!!!   Omg took some time.. hehe

I went through the hole LEX dvd V.1 folder by folder.. and selcted CAMeLots. Some Utilities, a terrain mod. slope mod. PEG water Pond ( external ) . Etc .. allot more I can add.. but wanna run the game now with 2GB plugins folder.. Also added the things i needed from the V.1.5 disc.

Anyway a quick question what is the name a wall that looks good next to highways , rail that is sticked to mountain wall thingie.. I cant seem to find it/they on the disc..

Anyways .. It took me a long time to install everything.. Can't imagine how long it took to make the disc's   .. Thanks for making it :)

Time to build. :D

OMG is good enough, we get the point.  Robin Global Moderator. ;)
Drive safe!

CompelX

Forgive me as I am completely new to this. Here is what I have downloaded after navigating to the EA Support area.

ModelNames.zip
SC4Update4BAT.zip
SC4PluginMan.zip
SC4BATInstaller.zip
bldgprop_vol2.zip
bldgprop_vol1.zip
LotEditorInstaller.zip
UPDATE_SKU1_TO_P1_B638.zip

I have installed the update package from the 'Update SKU1 to P1 B638' archive without an issue and I have also installed the Lot Editor, though the installation process took around one second to complete (hope the installer actually ran the script and didnt crash. I see a desktop icon so so far, so good).

Where do I want to put the two DAT files from the bldgprop volumes? What else do I need to install from those archives?

Ive got SC4 + Rush Hour + SKU1 to P1 Patch + Lot Installer + NAM so far. What else is needed before I can start installing things from the LEX DVD?

Thanks for the help!
DeftVendicarsi
"There is violence in Chicago, but not by me or anyone I employ, and I will tell you why, because it's not good business"

Snitchie

Put bldgprop   directly in /plugins 

Can't relay think of anything else. ( RHW NAM if u have'nt installed it yet )

I started with Dependencies. As the disc said in "Read me first". I placed all the Essentials on the disc directly in the /plugins folder ( no sub folder there ) . Then I made a folder /plugins/dependencies and placed the rest of the files from the disc here. Remember get the external dependencies that the disc directs u to on the web ( PEG, and some simtropolis.com files . Also put these in /plugins/dependencies )

Then I went with a terrain mod on the Disc. Took one of Cyccledog's ( italia ) .

And I decided to go for CAM ( make buildings grow past original state ). So I went through every folders in the disc. Agricultural, Industrial, Residental, Comercial. And installed every building that where CAMpatible. into folder /plugins/CAM . Then downloaded CAM mod from the LEX. Installed it.
After this I just looked around in the disc on what I would like to have. LAndmarks, Civics, Transport. etc.. For everything I installed I put into their own folder under what type they are. So I got some sort of controll over what I got and not. /plugins/Civic   /plugins/Transport  etc etc..

I havent installed SAM yet, no walls. Docks and other "fancy" rubbish. Since I wanna get a grasp of what I have installed first. So I won't get overwhelmed from everything ( sorry bad engrish  :P ) ..

Anyway it took about 5 hours to do everything until it all worked.. hehe..

So I would realy like a sticky of some sort for dummies like me , or others on this site.. on the basic steps.. ( unless this already has been made, and I overlooked it )  But anyways.. It is kinda fun doing things like this.. It's like building up an old car.. Make it SHINE!!!

Drive safe!

CompelX

Hey Snitchie, thanks for the help!

C:\<install path>\Sim City 4\Plugins
C:\Users\<username>\Documents\SimCity 4\Plugins

What is the difference between the two directories? Which one would I want to dump the two bldg prop .DAT files into?
DeftVendicarsi

Snitchie

I drop everything in user/plugins   only the ones that tell me to put em under program files/plugins i put there.. Only stumbled upon the extracheat.dll that is supposed to go there..
Drive safe!

xxdita

I tend to put everything from Maxis, (such as bldgprops1&2, Castle Ramparts, extra landmarks, etc) into my Pogram Files/Plugins. If you download the extracheats.dll from the LEX, the installer will put it exactly where it should be.

QuoteSo I would realy like a sticky of some sort for dummies like me , or others on this site.. on the basic steps..

We're working on that.