• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

:P Another installing DVD question..

Started by Snitchie, January 28, 2010, 12:18:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Snitchie

Hey there, after recieving the cd's today , I started Install ALL.. :O   alot of things now..

I plan on using this setup

1. Nam
2. CAM, do I run the CAM cleanitool txt perhaps ?
3. what things in mods  conflict each other? And what to keep hmmm
4. Anything else i must remove to make it all work ?

Thanks, and sorry for bugging.. kinda new at adding lots and lots of things in Sim city 4   ::)
Drive safe!

WC_EEND

well the terrain mods conflict with each other, so you can only have ONE at a time installed
RIP Adrian (adroman), you were a great friend

My LOT thread                                    

SCAG BAe146/Avro RJ Project

Snitchie

ok , time to locate em :)   

u know the path in LEX DVD  folder they are under ?

thanks for helping out a poor guy here :)
Drive safe!

BarbyW

They are in Mods and Terrain Mods. There is an installer available for the terrain mods if you click on that folder in the LEX browser. There are images of each mod and an option to install it. You can, however, only have one installed at any one time.
I also suggest you don't just install everything but take time to look at the different folders and what is in each. Then you can pick and choose what you want to install.
Inside every old person is a young person wondering what happened. TP

Barbypedia: More alive than the original

Snitchie

uhm already installed everything  ( someone in other post here said it was the easiest method ) and remove what i dont want after..

Well I loaded the game after getting the extra dependencies. runned cleanitool on CAM and the files on LEX CD v 1.5   so everything was updated there.
But havent removed any terrain mods  since I dont know where they located them selves ( must look harder ). The game took forever to load ( on my dell lapptopp, test out things machine ) Loaded up. enterd a city.. Terrains looked wierd , a mix of dessert forest mountains etc.. :O   all worked fine, was in pause mode and looked through all the new menus.. omfg... alot of things there..

But after i was finished messing around in the menus I turned the time to fast forward.. and after 10 sec  the game crashed... hmm lol...

Perhaps the terrain made it crash ? or RAM used up    hmm
Drive safe!

BarbyW

If you have more than one terrain mod installed it will crash. The terrain mods may have installed into My documents\SimCity 4\Plugins\zz_Cycledogg Terrain Mod so check there and see what you have. If there is ore than one then install all of them and go back to the DVD . Find the Mods and Terrain Mods folder and in that the cycledogg folder. In there there is a subfolder called Terrain Mods and Tree Controllers. Select the Terrain mods one and open the Readme. Choose the terrain you would like and scroll down to the installer. Follow the instructions in that to only install the terrain mod you want.

Installing everything may seem like a good idea but if you are short on Hard Drive space or RAM it is better to pick and choose what you want.
Inside every old person is a young person wondering what happened. TP

Barbypedia: More alive than the original

Snitchie

I found this out the hard way  :)

Removed all terrain mods and some other slope mods street etc.. loaded the game again , and it runned for about 15 min and crashed.

So gonna remove everything, make clean install of the game tomorow. And carefully select what to install from the disc.

Taking laptop with me at work . Friday = slow day in the office.. so can use some time to fix up my sc4   :D
Drive safe!