• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Show us your industrial wastelands!

Started by marcszar, March 11, 2007, 04:04:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

io_bg

A rather small wasteland, compared to those other bigger ones in this thread ::)

Visit my MD, The region of Pirgos!
Last updated: 28 November

TiFlo

Bigger doesn't mean better. Yours is quite good looking io_bg! *no pun intended  :-[*

BTW, what is that big light-blue / grey building in the lower right corner of your picture? I don't remember having seen it anywhere before.

io_bg

Thanks! I think this is the building you're looking for. :thumbsup:

TiFlo

cubby420

A little something I whipped up. As always, more available at my MD.

io_bg

Nice work, Mikeski, however I'd suggest placing elrail-on-road pieces without a pillar on every second tile ;)
Something from my MD

Terring7

Not sure if you can call this "industrial wasteland" ;D

"The wisest men follow their own direction" Euripides
The Choice is Ours
---
Simtropolis Moderator here. Can I help? Oh, and you can call me Elias (my real name) if you wish.

FrankU

No, it's not a wasteland: it is very effectively used land, so no waste....
But thats goes for almost all images on this thread. I am really curious if someone has real wastelands like the abandoned industrial areas in Berlin, Britain, or Detroit? Empty acres, rundown factories, empty warehouses, trees growing out of the roofs etc...

Evillions8

Alright... Let's keep this going. :D

Normal

In snow

------
Terring, to you, it would be an industrial wasteland cause it's the future. :D

MrSkyline

Evillions8
Very nice very nice it looks so awesome

dahemac

Surely a bear infested dump is an industrial waste land.

Mithokey

Two simple pictures of my industrial centre! (yes, centre is spelled with an re at the end NOT er).

dahemac

So you don't mean cent-er, one-who-cents?

Mithokey

dahemac

CascadiaTinker

Counts as a wasteland because despite high I-HT demand, and I-HT desirability, the buggers just won't move back in after a historical problem with education caused abandonment and demolition in the zone.

Pedestrian bridges and subways for people traffic, rail for freight traffic. Stable as is but annoying that it won't fill back in as it did immediately when first platted. NAM Z traffic simulator in case it matters.

dahemac

It looks to me like you have just zoned non-directional lots of in-specific sizes. Try looking at your plugins to choose some likely industries you would like to grow. If one is say 3x4, zone a 3x4 industrial area holding down the control key. If it is not developing still, spray it with god-mode trees.

CascadiaTinker

Quote from: dahemac on March 13, 2011, 05:44:32 PM
It looks to me like you have just zoned non-directional lots of in-specific sizes. Try looking at your plugins to choose some likely industries you would like to grow. If one is say 3x4, zone a 3x4 industrial area holding down the control key. If it is not developing still, spray it with god-mode trees.

Correct, I initially non-directionally zoned the entire areas between transport networks and then plopped the parks down.

Spraying with trees did cause the neighborhood to fill back in almost completely within a year or so.  $%Grinno$%

So, I suppose the initial fast fill was probably due to the god-mode trees which I carpeted the city with prior to enabling mayor mode.