• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

AntigOne's Projects: Elsewhere.

Started by Badsim, January 17, 2007, 02:14:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

inca1987

Is this an angel or a man
Who makes the gods look dumb,
He's holding Eden in his hand
The gods cry and drink rhum.

Zeus changed his name: "Call me Badsim,"
He uttered with a flash
of lightning, and his face grew dim,
He made his thunder clash.

So Wodan, with his hair in clots,
Went pale and then cried out:
"How dare he, with his BATs and LOTs,
and shameless grand layout...!"

When Mars the uppergod of War,
was taken to this site,
He raged, drew back and slammed the door,
And wept in broad daylight.

The Sun went dark, the Moon went black,
The Stars turned to black holes,
They slipped away, not looking back
At Marrast's lofty goals.

"By Jove!" yelled Jupiter as he
pulled out his might sword,
"This mancub stings me like a bee,
he's not to be ignored!"

All gods of China, Greece and Rome,
Quoatil, Buddha, Christ,
All Packed their bags and headed home,
They all felt under-priced...

"We cannot sit and idly wait
As he conquers mankind,
We must consider him our mate
A throne for him we'll find."

These were the words of Kong Futze
He stroked his beard and stared
at Horus, Toth and Amon Re
Who nodded but despaired.

"Pegasus has Poseidon's frock
My throne goes to Marrast
or Jeronij, Ded or Darmok"
Said Pharaoh goddess Bast.

And so it was and came to be
That Mayors from the Ex
Made all the gods in history
Look just like little specks.

My humble contribution to this greatness all around...
In the beginning there was nothing - and then it exploded.
Terry Pratchett

Badsim

Thank you all for your comments . :thumbsup:  Even for inca1897$%Grinno$% Really strange & unexpected comment , but it puts some spice &  fantasy into AntigOne's life (and mine ) , like that's good to have from time to time . ;D

marsh , those ploppable bushes are from Jeronij , you should find them easily on the LEX included in one of his Trees Pack with files for Mayor Mod & props for LE .

***************************************************************************************

48 new props Examplars with various timings for , as result , 12 various scenes along the year , welcome to the magical world of Timed Props ...

Come back to the first ;

There's no limits ...  $%Grinno$%

....except that a massive use of such Lots having hundreds of timed props would quickly & drastically slow down the game speed . ::)

At the same time , I'm working to build Orange_o's  Props Pack Vol2 . Have started the timing of his trees , like it can be seen on the pictures above . The discussion & progresses about that Props Pack can be followed in David's BATing thread at Devotion ;http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=6442.260

Thanks for your visit . :thumbsup:

Cédric.

°   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °

vester

You just keeps at it. Stunning once again.  :thumbsup:

samerton

:o Oh.. wow. WOW! You have absolutely amazed me. I had to look twice to check it wasn't real life!  &idea Great rural scenes!  &apls

pvarcoe

Hi Cedric

Best of the season to you.
Your recent rural type work has been simply splendid.
Thank you for sharing it with us.

Phil

ecoba

Fabulous ! Great work , Cédric !

Ethan x :)

Post 1000 also an honour for AntigOne !

Badsim

Hi ,

Arne , Ethan , Samerton , thank you for your comment . :thumbsup:  Phil , glad to see you again. :) I did never forget  Terraforming Teton , such grandness shouldn't be six-foot under in the MD Archive section  $%Grinno$% and I just wonder how Teton Pass http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=143.180  -  would look today with all the great rural stuff released since ... ::)

I'm now working about haymaking scenes , having just found a prop to represent hay lines ...

Nothing's timed so far , just a sequence of various test Lots , having had a doubt about the capability of that prop to be convincing ... it rather looks like a bush line , I'm just more or less satisfied . Maybe a proper Base Texture would attenuate that effect ... your opinion is welcome .

I know you can have the feeling to see always the same thing here ( no large updates ...) , but that's my rythm & that's the price . ;D

Thanks for your visit .  :thumbsup:

Cédric.

°   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °

cubby420

Very interesting developments. Your pics are just so realistic  &apls

The size of the prop your using for hay seems too wide though. In the RL picture, the hay is arranged to fit within the width of the thresher or whatever piece of machinery that is so it can be processed effectively. In your sc4 pics, the machines look to be swamped by hay.

nbvc

Great images. &apls
The powerlines and the trees are a bit close together.

Andreas

Those seasonal farm pics are most amazing, and I'm really looking forward to those props. :)

I'd like to point out one (minor) issue, though - you used the tractor with the hay rake (http://img341.imageshack.us/img341/1345/antigone201067.jpg - "andaineur" in French) in a wrong way - this kind of machine is used to collect the hay on the meadow and pile it up to those rows that can be pressed to haybales later. So the tractor should drive between those rows of hay, not right within them. ;) A hay tedder (French "faneuse") is the machine that is used for turning the hay onto the other side, so it dries better, in which case the tractor would drive directly through the hay.
Andreas

Yan077

It's always such a pleasure for me to see your pictures and this unbelievably realistic french countryside !

Once more, amazing work :o

Jmouse

I like the idea of these latest lots, Cédric. The only thing I noticed which has not been mentioned by other members is that there would be some loose hay between the rows of stacked hay. In the second screen grab, look at the sharp contrast between the hay field and the field across the street from it. The hay field is almost too neat and tidy looking!

Badsim

Thank you , all your remarks & suggestions will be taken in consideration . :thumbsup: Andreas , in fact I wasn't sure at all about the position of  the tractor with hay rake , but I couldn't find a proper picture of that equipment in action . Thank you for these precisions . :)

Time for me to say here goodbye to 2010 , happy new year everybody , happy new year SC4 !

&bis&

Cédric.

Edit ; Oups ... it seems that I did forget to tease you ! Wait a second , I take a shot ...

OK , that's done :

Yep , that's the comeback of the Pyrenean Terrain Mod $%Grinno$%

So many things are from David is that picture ...

Girafe

Amazing screenshots  &apls &apls

I like this countryside  :)

Happy new year to you   :P
The Floraler

This is the end, hold your breath and count to ten, feel the earth move, and then...

*   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *    *   *   *   *   *    * 

ecoba

Lovely; as if straight out of France's countryside ! :)

Ethan

kelis

Very similar of the Spain countryside, great work, very inspiring  &apls &apls

One question: where can I found this water ? It's very realistic !

Happy new Year you too  ;)
.                                                                                                                      

|| Benelux Team || Windows on the World || My Photos on Flickr || Kelis BNL Projects ||

Jmouse

Love that terrain mod! Where can I find it?

A Happy New Year to one and all!

art128

Joan, I believe it is PEG's revisited version of Maxis terrain mod, as Cédric talked about some updates ago.

Anyway, fantastic pictures and updates Cedric, as usual ! And happy new year to you too !

Take care,
-Arthur. :thumbsup:
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

cubby420

Beautiful pic...so much going on! Happy New Year Cedric!

Sciurus

Wonderful, just WONDERFUL!!! &apls &apls It reminds me "notre belle et vieille Province Française!" $%Grinno$%

Guillaume &apls
L'atelier d'architecture
* * * * * Longwy * * * * *