• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

NAM 31.2

Started by DJSun1981, June 11, 2013, 09:44:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DJSun1981

Thanks for the NAM 31.2  &apls

Dont know if postet already, but the first 2 pedestrian malls dont have textures and I get a "ghost" Lot sometimes if build pedestrian malls

If get on the highest zoom - levels the game crashed town....so thats all

A glad thing now:
I can play with the NAM 31.2 with my old towns and all Plugins  &apls

Ok, I have to change the old maxis - highway exit/entrance ramps to project symphony

Tarkus

Quote from: DJSun1981 on June 11, 2013, 09:44:55 PM
Dont know if postet already, but the first 2 pedestrian malls dont have textures and I get a "ghost" Lot sometimes if build pedestrian malls

I just used the pedestrian malls quite extensively in a test for a NAM 32 feature, and ran into no issues of that nature.

-Alex

strucka

A quick question!

In the 31.1. version if you clicked on a road intersection with the rail tool, it would chenge from a kinda rural to a city intersection with zebra crossings and turning lanes. It doesn't seem to do that anymore. However the old crossroads have stayed that way. Was that changed or is there a possibility that I've missed the click box while I installed the 31.2.?

MandelSoft

We changed the mechanism from railways to one way roads, because with the railways, the stoplights stopped functioning.
Lurk mode: ACTIVE

DJSun1981

I made a photo:

Am I right? Is it the texture? or what could it be?

Tarkus

Those props on that RGBK tile piece aren't NAM props.  It looks like you may have pieces of a third-party pedmall mod installed.

-Alex

OwlGreene

I am getting some crap about a necessary patch that needs to be installed before the new NAM will install.  This has never been a problem with previous installations, and to add insult to injury, I download the patch, install it per the instructions, and what the page says the patch should replace doesn't get replaced.  How do I resolve or bypass this silly patch problem, and why for God's sake was it included all of a sudden on this version?

MandelSoft

Have you checked your SimCity4.exe if it's really updated? If not, it might be an illegal version.

Reform

Quote from: DJSun1981 on June 12, 2013, 11:32:38 PM
I made a photo:

Am I right? Is it the texture? or what could it be?

That looks like Moonlight's NAM Facelift mod from HIDE and Seek! It was required for Paeng's PedMall Parks. That might be the reason for your missing textures, you had - or planned to have - that mod, but part of it is missing, broken or unable to work with the current version of NAM.

jdenm8

Quote from: OwlGreene on June 13, 2013, 03:11:24 AM
How do I resolve or bypass this silly patch problem, and why for God's sake was it included all of a sudden on this version?

You don't. You let the patch install properly, it's always been required by us, it's just the first time it has been enforced.

"We're making SimCity, not some dopey casual game." -Ocean Quigley

DJSun1981

Thanks to

@Reform and
@Alex

yes, thats it :)

The right one is a wmp - Lot i cant show the texture too  :'(

Wiimeiser

I managed to get the NAM working without the patch. What exactly does the patch do that the NAM requires?
Pink horse, pink horse, she rides across the nation...

Reform

Quote from: DJSun1981 on June 14, 2013, 12:23:33 AM
The right one is a wmp - Lot i cant show the texture too  :'(

Old textures occasionally had some problems, but Doc fixed them while they came up. Try redownloading your textures from WMP site, or download full WMP Texture Mega Pack. It replaces all previous wmp_textures from 01-09, so remove them from your Plugins folder. WorkingMan Productions Exchange - Props & Textures

jdenm8

Quote from: Wiimeiser on June 14, 2013, 05:25:06 AM
What exactly does the patch do that the NAM requires?

Fix things.  &sly

It basically prevents 'bugs' in the game that were actually fixed by Maxis in 2004 from being blamed on the NAM, which has happened before.

There's a number of path fixes (Especially LHD ones) that Maxis included in the EP1 patch for example.

"We're making SimCity, not some dopey casual game." -Ocean Quigley

z

I managed to get the NAM working without the patch. What exactly does the patch do that the NAM requires?

For a full list of what the patch does, see the list at the bottom of this page.  There are dozens of items on it.  A number of them are bugs that make the game fail in ways that affect the NAM as well.

Many of the bugs don't have obvious effects, but your game just doesn't work as well as it would with the patch.  You may notice some generalized problems, but they're hard to track down without knowing where to look.

DJSun1981

Yes, I delated the old wmp-textures and give the Mega pack in my plugin-folder so its working now  :thumbsup:

And whats the problem here inside the red circle?

eggman121

^^
That is a transport enabled lot. I have the same seawalls as you and there are many pieces like that for the purpose of putting roads along the shoreline.

It is not a NAM problem. 

-eggman121

DJSun1981

oh, ok ....... never tryed to pull streets  along that walls, so I thought its texture problem too  $%Grinno$%  %wrd

MandelSoft

I also see you use an incompatible for the RHW. Delete that texture pack and install the proper ones delivered in the NAM

OwlGreene

I managed to get the NAM working without the patch.

What did you do to get it working without the patch??? That's the only thing blocking me at this point!