• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Canal Addon Mod (CAN-AM)

Started by daeley, April 23, 2009, 11:35:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mgb204

Perhaps they need to be updated, but I shouldn't think that's the problem here.

Firstly you need to make sure that you've built the network correctly, then it is important that the stops need to take sims to/from where they need to go, given that CAN-AM is essentially a bus route (to the simulator) I'd imagine most of your sims are using the rail/el-rail networks as they provide a faster method of getting where they are going right now.

If you setup CAN-AM routes in a place no other/faster transport networks cover (for example from a residential estate to a train station) then it would be utilised. Getting the boats (automata) to appear is going to be another problem you're likely to encounter, there is no simple solution to that though.

matias93

Quote from: dazontheweb on March 02, 2014, 08:15:41 AM
Hi all,

I'm a new member here and was wondering if someone could offer me some advice please? I'm currently in the process of designing a new city and appear to be having problems with seeing any boats appear on the canal I've designed.

I'm using the canal mod from NAM and some of SimGobbers stations etc, but I'm seeing no canal boats at it. What am I doing wrong? Is there a mod I'm missing? Is the layout incorrect?

Would someone be able to offer me some advice please?

Thank you

Your problem in this case is that your residencial zone is 'overconnected', so commuters 'dissolve' in many different networks (roads, BTMs, canals, etc).

Besides, your stations are isolated from the residencial zoning by the BTM line: in the image, I don't see any place to cross and reach the station, so the 'rational' option for your commuters is to take the train (which is, itself, faster than the canals, and is nearer to the houses too).

My suggestion is to select ONE network to connect that sparsely populated area to the downtown: BTM OR canals, OR superficial transit. This doesn't implies that you have to remove the BTM line or the canal, but only the stations.

Good luck!

"Lets be scientists and as such, remember always that the purpose of politics is not freedom, nor authority, nor is any principle of abstract character,
but it is to meet the social needs of man and the development of the society"

— Valentín Letelier, 1895

whatnameshouldi

It has been a really long time since I last used CAN-AM and I completely forgot how to set up a functional transit-enabled canal. I do remeber something about dragging one way roads but I don't remember when nor how (or which pieces to use, and if there was need for the system to be 3 or 2 tiles of width). I googled but could find no tutorials (all are gone or incomplete).

I would appreciate any help on this, either a link to a tutorial or a quick walkthrough.
Thank you!

NCGAIO

The images that are missing are visible in this post.

http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=7662.msg427420#msg427420

Just put the paths in the middle of the three tiles used for the channel.

whatnameshouldi

Thank you! It is now all coming back. Now I just have to find where the traffic enabled lots are after DAMN clean-up :(