• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Tarkusian Cities (Update 107-08/23/2020-West Chemeketa Reconfig, Part 1)

Started by Tarkus, June 17, 2007, 08:31:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

deathtopumpkins

j-dub: Actually, sinking rail lines has become rather popular in RL recently. According to Trains Magazine, BNSF Railway is sinking (probably has sunk by now) their main line through most of southern Minnesota (think that was the state--don't have the article handy), including rural areas, UP did so through the entire town of Reno, NV, and I've heard proposals from other railroads in other places too over the past couple years. It's often just as cheap to sink a rail line as to build overpasses over it, especially if you factor in long-term costs associated, such as maintenance. I can't link to a source though...

Besides, this is SimCity! Who says things have to be the same or cost the same as RL?  :P
NAM Team Member | 3RR Collaborater | Virgin Shores

phoenix7

I have seen the same thing IRL. For example, the Amtrak tracks in Reno were recently sunken.

dedgren

Best urban application of FAR curves I've seen yet, Alex.  Very cool RL sort of storyline.

David
D. Edgren

Please call me David...

Three Rivers Region- A collaborative development of the SC4 community
The 3RR Quick Finder [linkie]

I aten't dead.  —  R.I.P. Granny Weatherwax

TheTeaCat

34 Pages  I made it :D
Just catching up on everything I've missed.

Impressed I hear you ask. An emphatic yes to that. &apls &apls

There is so much wonderful stuff here that I shall have to set aside
another evening to reread all this.
Got a good few new ideas too - thanks for that.

Meant to give you one of these a while back but I forgot &mmm
Sorry - here you go now though

I'll be back for more :thumbsup:

:satisfied:
TTC
Kettle's on. Milk? Sugars?    ps I don't like Earl Grey  $%Grinno$%
Reduce, Reuse, Recycle - If you're not part of the solution , you're part of the problem!
"Never knock on Death's door: Ring the bell and run away! Death really hates that!"
Tales at TeaTime      Now A proper NUT      TTC plays GRV II

Pat

Hey Alex congrats on your award for the best use of supplemental content!!!!

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

thundercrack83

Ryan B.

From one roadgeek to another, congratulations!

And, no offence to threeswept, but I'm really glad I didn't get post # 666.  :P

threeswept

Quote from: burgsabre87 on November 30, 2008, 12:14:24 PM
From one roadgeek to another, congratulations!

And, no offence to threeswept, but I'm really glad I didn't get post # 666.  :P

But, isn't 666 a lucky number? hahaha!

Ryan B.

Quote from: threeswept on November 30, 2008, 12:21:26 PM
But, isn't 666 a lucky number? hahaha!

Not in my family.  My dad and I always buy something else if our total ever hits '6.66' or some variety.   :P

thundercrack83

Congratulations on this award, Alex!

You certainly deserve it, my friend, given the quality of the maps and other great stuff that you have to show us on a regular basis here!

I'll be looking forward to seeing what you come up with next!

Dustin

Lilojame

Visit my MD Rainbow Falls or check Rainbow Falls Out of the Box or maybe check on my bats&lots visiting Lilojame´s Corner or if you wish go to Lilojame´s Candidacies.

"Be thou the rainbow in the storms of life. The evening beam that smiles the clouds away, and tints tomorrow with prophetic ray."  (Byron, 1788-1824)

Jmouse

Congratulations, Alex. I've been hooked on your "road-geek" MD for a long time now! :thumbsup: The maps, the tutes, the explanations and the fun of watching it all happen is a pleasure I hope to enjoy for a long time to come. In fact, the road I live on could use a little TLC! :)

Later...
Joan

bat

Congrats for winning that award, Alex! And looking forward to some new updates... :)

Tarkus

Thanks, everyone for the congratulations and all the great replies to the last update.  My apologies for not having much going on here in Tarkusian Cities as of late--RL (end of the term at uni) plus trying to get things ready on RHW Version 3.0.  I'll be going full-force, though, next week--I've got lots of interesting stuff to show you all.

In the meanwhile, a little something to tide you over . . . say hello to Argentum's new Beltway, Highway 340 (formerly marked on my maps as proposed Highway 261).

This is at the new Isthmus Avenue interchange, looking west.

-Alex (Tarkus)

JoeST

you getting teasing tips of Casper? :D great looking pic

cant wait till next week :)

Joe
Copperminds and Cuddleswarms

Pat

Hey Alex again congrats on your Award and I love that teaser there!!!! Is this title a per say to something lol hehehehe

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

Godzillaman

Wow...I always wanted to make an amazing looking highway like that...now if it was just released... :D
"With a purposeful grimace and a terrible sound he pulls the spitting high-tension wires down..."

deathtopumpkins

NAM Team Member | 3RR Collaborater | Virgin Shores

metarvo

Congratulations on the award, Alex.  It's no wonder that you have won it, considering that you always consider the small details and present them to us in the form of high-quality maps.

Teasing, yet pleasing. ;)  The RHW-6C looks spectacular, and the interchange as a whole seems to be well-constructed.  The frontage roads add a great amount of detail to this pic.  This is good stuff, and I look forward to the next update, Alex.   :thumbsup:
Find my power line BAT thread here.
Check out the Noro Cooperative.  What are you waiting for?  It even has electricity.
Want more? Try here.  For even more electrical goodies, look here.
Here are some rural power lines.