• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

BAT Showcase

Started by mattb325, February 01, 2007, 04:07:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MTT9

That's a great train station! Looking foward to it :)
You can call me Matt

mattb325

Thanks all

Been very busy with work at the moment (quite a bit of interstate travel), so no progress on the Chicago Terminal.

As work is going to be very busy for the next 12 weeks at least, I have just packaged up the 5 smaller rail termini on the previous pages rather than have them languish. They are available here:

http://sc4devotion.com/csxlex/lex_filedesc.php?lotGET=2981

RepublicMaster

Great upload, very useful! :D

Turjan

Excellent! I'm already using the Small Terminal in one of my cities.

Just two comments regarding Ende Terminal, specifically the bus prop. As the driveway is transit-enabled, the car automata drive in one direction through the bus prop and, in the other direction, they are half-eaten by the building facade. The other question is whether it's possible to make that prop fit the used automata (I guess not, but I'm not sure)?

Anyway, a very useful pack, and I see myself using these stations a lot. Thank you!

vortext

Brilliant station pack!  &apls

time flies like a bird
fruit flies like a banana

art128

Thank you very much for this station pack, Matt!
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

tb7

Great and usefull BATs! thanks a lot  :)

Jack_wilds

thank you Matt...  :thumbsup: trust that business isn't over whelming... up top its hot and sweltering... suspect its a bit cooler down under... THX for not letting the pack languish...  :)

mattb325

It's been a while! ()lurker()

RL has kept me away from SC4 for some while; I have fired up 3DsMax and the BAT and all the other tools needed to get content into game...and, as it's been so long, it took a few hours to re-familiarise myself with everything (including 3D modelling...yikes!).

Anyway, I have made some *tiny* progress on the Chicago terminus:

I won't hold my breath for this one, I am incredibly rusty  :crytissue:

But, to get myself into the swing, I made a couple of little houses.

I remember there were issues with textures on smaller objects (like houses) in Bat4Max and I used to be able to work around it, but of course I've forgotten that work around!!!!

I am happy with the modelling, but less than enamoured with how flat the texturing is. At any rate, it's just a test and will never be released as is, so here a few pics:

BUT, my real reason for posting is to dust off a few files that were languishing on my hard-drive.

Does anyone remember these?

I made these in 2011 and did mean to add to them, but got side-tracked. There are 28 house models that I made to the Maxis dimensions - they are all in building families and with multiple lots, you can get hundreds of variations.

It's silly to leave them languishing on my HD so, I packaged them up and released them.
You can get the prop pack here: http://sc4devotion.com/csxlex/lex_filedesc.php?lotGET=3240
The low wealth lots are here: http://sc4devotion.com/csxlex/lex_filedesc.php?lotGET=3241 and
The medium wealth lots are here: http://sc4devotion.com/csxlex/lex_filedesc.php?lotGET=3242

Enjoy!

APSMS

Incredible! &apls

What a lovely visit, and a nice SC4D birthday gift, too.
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

My Mayor Diary San Diego: A Reinterpretation

Tyberius06

WOW!!!!

&apls &apls &apls &apls

I love your staffs!
I'm not holding back my breat (as you asked) because of the Chicago terminus, but I can't wait that.  :popcorn:
You may find updates about my ongoing projects into my development thread here at SimCity 4 Devotion: Tyberius Lotting Experiments
or over there on Simtropolis into the Tyberius (Heretic Projects) Lotting and Modding Experiments.
I'm also member of the STEX Custodian and working on different restoration projects on behalf of non-anymore-active custom content creators.
Current projects: WMP Restoration and SimCity Polska Restoration.
Member of the NAM Team and RTMT Team.

catty

Thank you for uploading these houses, its very much appreciated   :bnn:
I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?" DEATH thought about it. "CATS," he said eventually, "CATS ARE NICE.

art128

Welcome back Matt. :)

Nice houses there. Of course the train station is looking fantastic too.

What Bat4max are you using? the LEX one or Simfox's? (Also which 3dsmax) (I'm just curious)
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

Girafe

Amazing work Matt,  ;)

What a lovely day, CP, you (where is Debussyman  ;D)

The Floraler

This is the end, hold your breath and count to ten, feel the earth move, and then...

*   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *    *   *   *   *   *    * 

romualdillo

Welcome back Matt!! I would pay a lot of money to be as rusty as you are with BAT!!  :D The Chicago Grand Central looks fantastic!!!  &apls

noahclem

What a great surprise to see you back!! The train station is already beautiful and would doubtless be of great use. Great to see the houses released  :thumbsup:

compdude787

Wow, those look really nice! Your houses are the best in SC4, and it's great to see more added to your collection of awesomeness! And having them be scaled to fit with Maxis houses will be nice for people like me who don't use Maxis blockers.
Check out my MD, United States of Simerica!
Last updated: March 5, 2017

My YouTube Channel

Simcoug

What an awesome surprise!!  %BUd%

JP Schriefer

Nice to know you're still around! You did a lot of amazing works. This one is looking stunning!

c.p.

Great to see you back :bnn:

The Chicago station is looking super so far. :thumbsup:

Quote from: mattb325 on November 06, 2015, 11:32:34 PM
I remember there were issues with textures on smaller objects (like houses) in Bat4Max and I used to be able to work around it, but of course I've forgotten that work around!!!!

I am happy with the modelling, but less than enamoured with how flat the texturing is.

I don't know if you're using bump mapping so this is kind of a shot in the dark, but I've found that reducing the blur of the bump map usually works better than the default value for small sim city sized things.