• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

BAT Showcase

Started by mattb325, February 01, 2007, 04:07:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Swordmaster

Very nice Matt, always good to see stations from you. And congrats!

Cheers
Willy

Schulmanator

A very well deserved OSITM :D
See the all-new National Capital Region!:http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=15118.0

mattb325

Thanks all

In addition to the Art Deco 4 track, here's a slightly wider 1960's style terminus with 8 track capacity.

For something different from the others that I have made, this one has no weather shelter on the platforms- which in real life is strangely very, very common....this I know after standing in sleet and freezing rain yesterday on a station in the blue mountains waiting to get back to Sydney  ::)

Swordmaster

Amazing BAT Matt. That clock is a gorgeous detail.

Cheers
Willy

art128

Love that station. I can really see myself using it a lot!

Actually, this one and the first small W2W-like one are my favorite, I'll use them for sure. I can see the small one being the terminus of a private line... :D
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

Simcoug

Awesome terminus stations!  I love how you incorporate architecture from different periods - it can add so much character to our SC4 creations.
If you are still bitten by the terminus station bug, I'll submit an idea for an older station style (say mid 19th century)  ;D

FrankU

Hi Matt,
A beautiful station. Certainly useful. Thanks for sharing!

Dantes

The three railway terminus stations like me. A great job with great attention to detail. Well done!

mgarcia

Matt - the 1960's terminus is gorgeous.  It is just perfect...can't wait for it and the other two. Kinda gotten tired of not having smaller stations in game - you either use huge terminals or single/double track stations.  These are awesome.!!!!!!!!!!!  ;D ;D

Jack_wilds

jus' luv the art deco,  :thumbsup: its just smashing!  congrats on the ostim...  &apls

whatevermind

These are amazing! Of course, hence the OSITM. More variety in train stations is an excellent thing, especially in the mid-size range. Can't wait to see what else you come up with! ;D

mattb325

Thanks guys, glad you like it. The 60's style one is so far my favourite....

@ simcoug. I found another image of that old Boston station (which appears to have been pulled down and completely rebuilt several times) and used it as the inspiration for this early Victorian station:

@ io_big, I have put together some of the massing of the Burgas Station, and I'll see how I progress before posting any pictures (I only have a couple of hours free each week to BAT, so not much progress)

Swordmaster

Wow! Great front and nice roof texture on the back part.

I would, however, love it if it were a little longer. How many tiles are the platforms? Five? 5x16=80m which is a rather short train. An option would be to include modular platform pieces so users can make them as long as they want.

Cheers
Willy

vester

Beautiful work as always.  :thumbsup:

Got to think of an old station I stumble upon, when search for pictures of trains or powerplants.

Grand Central Station - Chicago:

RepublicMaster

Amazing stations! These will work great in the game! :D

Schulmanator

A few not so massive train stations I really like are...

Union Station- Nashville, Tennessee

and also
L&N Station- Knoxville, Tennessee

If you are interested in Tennessee train stations  ;D
See the all-new National Capital Region!:http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=15118.0

art128

that last station looks great, Matt!
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

Simcoug

The Victorian station looks brilliant Matt!  I can't wait to use it  :thumbsup:

rooker1

Congratulations to US for Matt getting in to OSITM!  :D All kidding aside, congrats Matt!
These two stations look great as your work always does.

Robin
Call me Robin, please.

Reform

mattb325
I am really exited of these stations, especially Victorian one. Thank you for your work. It is greatly appreciated.

Simcoug
&apls for knowing when to open your mouth.  :D

- Ref