• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Need help with terrain problem

Started by Jmouse, August 09, 2014, 02:40:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jmouse

I'm having a bit of trouble with my terrain mod, and teammates have urged me to post this in a public thread.

This is how the shoreline looked July 28:

My teammate Swordmaster created this terrain mod for me according to my specifications, and it is based on SuddenValley.

This is how it looked August 6:

And this is SuddenValley straight out-of-the-box with no modifications:

This is how it looks today:

I've used Willy's mod successfully until now, so having it suddenly go corrupt is a mystery. To the best of my knowledge, I've done nothing to cause this, but a plugins conflict appears to have manifested itself. I removed every folder in plugins, five at a time, but there was no change so I'm appealing to you for help because I'm completely puzzled.

Thanks in advance...
-Joan

Indiana Joe

It looks like it might just be because the beach is steeper in the last pic.  You can adjust the beach settings by opening up the core terrain mod file ("...TerrainParameters...") in the Reader.  At the bottom of the main exemplar are options like the width of the beach from the water, and height it will extend.

There's another exmplar in that file ("Texture39") that adjusts the spread and blending of beach textures.  There's more info on editing terrain mods here and here.

Jmouse

Thank you. I'll take a look at these tomorrow. I have very little experience with the Reader, but I'll try to follow the steps and hope it helps.