• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

AntigOne's Projects: Elsewhere.

Started by Badsim, January 17, 2007, 02:14:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jayo

Hello badsim ;D
I am amazing and inspired by your working-both CJing and loting
You skill has inspired me immensley and i can't wait for the next update

Thank you
till next time
bibi
I'm back

kimcar

Just a minute , i want to replace myself on the chair.  ;D Man you are hot. In city or in the country you know exactly how to giving life in your pics. Thanks for sharing it. &apls &apls &apls &apls :thumbsup:

Shadow Assassin

Wow, looks awesome!

I wouldn't be surprised if the campers used cow pats to keep their fire going, considering the large number of them around the campsite... (is that a Mayor Mode tree plop or not? :P)

It looks simply spectacular. I especially like the little touches to the landscape, especially the beehives. It's so real.
New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dedgren ♦ dmscopio ♦ Ennedi
emilin ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ papab2000
Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
See my uploads on the LEX!

ManuelR

OMG thats unbeliveable! :o soo real :thumbsup:
Where did you get those big seasonal trees?

jeronij

Truly amazing work. It seems you really enjoyed painting the terrain and you made an extensive use of the mayor mode tools  ;) . I'd suggest some gizmo's flora stretches under the water from time to time to make it even more nice. You made a great work with the rapids btw. Not abusing them. Very well done  :thumbsup:

the farm itself is also a wonder. Really nice. Like a miniature  &apls

I do really hope that you consider releasing those custom seasonal lots that you are using around this ¿city? .... I never have enough of those  ::)
I am currently not active - Please, contact Tarkus for any site related matter. Thanks for enjoying SC4D :D

Autism Awareness;  A Father Shares
Mallorca My Mayor Diary

jayo

The cj's up on sc4d now :P
I'm back

Badsim

I've searched for a good way to thank you for all these praises ... I'm proud and touched by them more than ever and I  think that , finally , the best way is to show from where my inspiration is coming , being a bit more intimist .
I'm getting old , 45 years old , not that old but enough to have a lot of souvenirs to think about ... painful souvenirs sometimes , of a world which has changed so much , is changing at any second . We have all to live with this child in our deep mind and her/his lost paradise . That's life ....

My ancestors were truly poors peasants living with just a few cows in an as rugged than beautiful region of France , somewhere at the limit of Haute-Loire and Ardèche , near the Mont Gerbier de Jonc , Mont Mézenc and river Loire's origin . My grandfather has begun to work from farms to farms when he was 14 years old . There was no other future here , so when he was 20 , he decided to join the nearest big city - Clermont-Ferrand - where he has been a factory worker at Michelin for the rest of his life . He has had 2 sons and a daughter , my 2 uncles were also factory workers at Michelin and my mother became a teacher . All them 4 aren't there anymore . That's life ...

Working all summers since more than 20 years , I haven't had an occasion to go back there since . So , finding again some pictures , I haven't been able to avoid tears to come . That's life ...

I even don't dare to be able to share these feelings with you , we have all our own story , at least I hope you'll enjoy to stroll through these pictures .

Mont Gerbier de Jonc ...

And Mont Mézenc ...

Some typical farms of the region , all classed as historical buildings ...

This one has became a museum with everything intact inside ...

The roof of this thatched farm ...

But a lot of them haven't had that chance .

The Loire's origin ...

Les Estables , a small village near to die before to become a ski resort in the 90's ...

The typical wind of the region is named La Burle , it is blowing from the north and can raise snowdrifts of several meters over the roads ...

Saint-Front is the litlle village from where my family is coming ...

With its classed roman church ...

A typical stone bridge crossing Le Lignon , a torrent ...

Me (on the right ) & my brother at the exact same place , fishing trouts about 35 years ago ...

Me and Marius , my grandfather .

I spent all my holidays there when I was a child ... the hell of grandfather has been my paradise . Yes , that's life ...

OK , that's done ... ;)

@Jeroni ; these seasonal Lots are available in my Lot Editor Project thread , Andreas has had the courtesy to improve them with custum menu icons and functioning queries . ;)

@SA ; cows paths are a mayor Mod from SFBT/Andreas . ;)

@ManuelR , almost all the seasonal trees are coming from Cycledogg prop packl01 ...the others are Jeroni's ones . ;)

@emilin , my apologies , I think that I misunderstood you first time ... indeed , I dislike too this flora prop when it comes separated , using a tree controller .You can see that I have deleted them all , keeping just my own Lots with them . ;)

News about the ski resort to come . I've found 2 interesting prop packs at Toutsimcity.com (maybe are they available anywhere else ...)

And this kind of Lot from Villavivencio ... perfect to represent an Alpin ski resort . I'll reproduce this one and create some others with others BATs  I've found , interesting that much .

See you ...

°   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °

Pat

oooooooh BadSim I soo enjoyed the pics you shared wow, exspecial stone bridge crossing Le Lignon man that detailed pic is just stunning and to think you and your brother trout fished there at the same spot... Great stuff and a great find on that ski pack - pat

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

rooker1

Thank you for sharing a piece of your life.  I think it's especially nice of you to do so because it's so hard to know people on line and now I think I know you just a little bit better.  Thanks my friend.  All the picture were very nice but when you look at them as a friend of yours and think about some one you knew that lived there, they now have a different meaning.   ()stsfd()

As for the ski resort and the stuff you found.  It all looks great a I think you'll come up with something fantastic.
Thank again for sharing.

;)

Robin   :thumbsup:
Call me Robin, please.

bat

That is looking very great! Wonderful work! :thumbsup:

figui

lovely pictures  :thumbsup:
thank you for sharing them with us :thumbsup:

mauricio.
first forums inhabitant from Uruguay..   first forums citizen from Uruguay..  first forums councilman from Uruguay..   first forums mayor from Uruguay..  first forums governor from Uruguay..
...i'm still the only one from Uruguay!

________

Pikatchoum

Avergne is a really nice area, that's for sure.   don't know that much near the Mont Gerbier de Jonc but i visited Le Mont-Dore et La Bourboule, and that was great.

About the previous update, wow, i'm rarely a big fan of natural lanscape in SC4, that i find often the same, but wow, i'm speachless with yours.I do not have the words to describe, i'm just ... speachless. Bravo.

Ennedi

Hello my friend,

At last I have some time to sit quietly and look at your picures...

First a few words about your previous update - "The Four Seasons" :)
A photographer looks around and make a picture. His art is to see something wchich can be seen only by him at that moment, and then show this unique, labile view to others. But the world around him is ready and complete. And you create your little piece of world from the beginning, thinking about it's every element and carefully placing them where you want. Each place in this little world has it's own story - this building, camp place, ruins hidden among trees, the stream...  Sometimes it is little and simple story, but because of your art we can hear it.
Sometimes it would be good to look at the real world around us in such way. And looking at your pictures we can learn how to do it.

I was going to write it before I saw your last update. And you just did it, you showed us some real world, in the same way :)
Thank you for it, we all have our own stories and our own feelings, and we often don't know how to tell about them, or we are not sure if we should tell anything...
And reading your story and looking at these beautiful pictures maybe some of us can make our own stories alive once again :)

These ski lots - I was really excited when I saw them!!!  &dance
You know I have a lot of mountains in Shosaloza, one of my dreams is to make a really good ski resort in this region! Long time ago I made a primitive attempt to build something similar -
look here , but I simply haven't good lots to do it.
Do you know what else would be cool? To make lights on a transparent base to put on the snow and enlighten slopes for skiers!

Adam
New Horizons Productions
Berethor - beskhu3epnm - blade2k5 - dmscopio - dedgren - Emilin - Ennedi
jplumbley - moganite - M4346 - nichter85 - papab2000 - Shadow Assassin - Tarkus - wouanagaine

Badsim

Hello guys ...

Thanks for the heartwarming comments . ;)

I've begun to work on these ski packs . I'll show there regurlarly the progresses ... Instead of the current versions with winter/summer bases textures , I'm creating a "No base texture " one , I'm adding some people props or creating new Lots with skaters props  from MAXIS' skate parks as skiers ... I'm truly satisfied with the first result . Following Adam's suggestion , I've also created two others Lots with SNM streelights (straight & diagonals ) which will enlighten the ski tracks . All these Lots will be uploaded in my LotEditor Project thread , when I'll have released my own whole ski resort though . :P

Fist pictures - test pictures quickly made - The biggest problem to solve will be to remove the excessive wild fauna ... $%Grinno$%

Back at work ( a lot of work ) , to the next . ;)

°   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °

rooker1

So far so good my friend.  This is going to look great.  I can feel it.

&apls &apls &apls

Robin   :thumbsup: 
Call me Robin, please.

Strechnitz

Hello Badsim,

Your ski resorts look wonderful. and they are made with your usual eye for detail. I really love the pictures and story from your families past. Although I may only be just 28. I know similar stories from my family. my grandfather on one side was born in a house as big as my bedroom. and they lived there with 12 people. So much has changed since then.

And it is good to sometimes stop and look back to what has been. It always is a pity that only the memories of good times stay but at least you have them. It would be truly sad to have to miss the memories as well. For instance when I was 13 I lost my older brother in a traffic accident. That will be 15 years ago next april. 15 years where everything moves on. good things happen, sad things happen. and even some downright bad things. Only he isn't there to see or feel it. But in my memory he is part of all the good things.

Time is sadly or luckily it depends on ones point of view or the subject at hand never be reversed. but the memories are still there to be treasured. It is nice that you have shared them. I do feel I know you a bit better now. apart from your love for Jazz :)

I first wanted to PM this to you, but then again I have nothing to hide, so I have posted it here. And by the way, life begins at forty so you are just a newby who's been 5 years around ;)

Hubert

Your favorite "deliciously deviant" Empire is Back after a 2 month pause

Click on the picture above to visit Stropon.

ManuelR

It looks good, but a bit too white. I think it would look better with some rocks like in the free nature. Logically there where the rocks are, can't be skiruns too. But in between of them. :)

figui

i have no experience with ski resorts, but your work looks good to me  :thumbsup:

mauricio.
first forums inhabitant from Uruguay..   first forums citizen from Uruguay..  first forums councilman from Uruguay..   first forums mayor from Uruguay..  first forums governor from Uruguay..
...i'm still the only one from Uruguay!

________

mattb325

Badsim - it has been a while since I commented in your MD. I am blown away by both the city landscapes as well as your foray into the rural. What can I say? Amazing stuff indeed!

Thankyou for sharing the photos from your past, they are beautiful indeed. ()stsfd()

bat

Welcome to page 38!

Looking great these pictures of that pack! :thumbsup: