• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

The Source- 2/9: I'm Back! + A Teaser (of course...)

Started by dsrwhat316, August 04, 2008, 02:57:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

paroch

Great mosaic (as usual) there Dan.  That financial district must be looking pretty cool now.  It'd be nice to see a slightly zoomed out overview to get a feel for how it has finished.

The only part I'm not 100% convinced with is the curved avenue going accross the ped mall area.  I can't help thinking it looks a little dangerous for the pedestrians!!  That said, the effect is very nice.

As for your next city - well I'm guessing a port/marina area with some custom LE work - should be good.

All the best

Paul

sithlrd98

Great update to Tyne! As far as your "cryptic" pics , looks like were gonna get a little wet!  :) Can't wait!

Jayson

dsrwhat316

Teaser
Progress is steady (for me, at least) on my new harbor city, FH. I've been learning how to use iLive's Reader and the Plug-in Manager more thoroughly. This is what I've accomplished so far:

Yeah, I know it isn't much, but it's just a rough draft. This'll be one of five piers designed for FH. I plan on making them one large lot to make them easier to customize.

That's enough from me tonight; gotta get back to finishing up those piers!

~ Dan
Custom Lotting at its Finest:

Last updated: 2/9- I'm Back! +  A Teaser (of course...)

un1

I like your lotting.  :thumbsup: Looking very nice so far, and it isn't at all that bad for being a rough draft. Great work!

-un1

Pat

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

bat

That is looking great! Looking forward to more from this fantastic work...

urban

I am looking forward to seeing how you will use and integrate this lot :)

probably the best tropical forests Pat Riot
the jungle and the seaside resorts are looking spectacular kwakelaar
such stunning and natural tropical sceneries iamgoingtoeatyou
Walker's Island

metarvo

Even the harbors get that special touch I have come to expect from The Source.  Nice work, Dan.  :thumbsup:
Find my power line BAT thread here.
Check out the Noro Cooperative.  What are you waiting for?  It even has electricity.
Want more? Try here.  For even more electrical goodies, look here.
Here are some rural power lines.

art128

This is a great lot you've done here my friend.  &apls
You start a great thing Dan !  :thumbsup:

Arthur.
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

dsrwhat316

Teaser
I promise this'll be the last teaser before I update! The new harbor city I'm working on is taking shape (sort of). I've been learning how to do some modding, making props of existing buildings, and extracting models from DATs. Here's two pics of the progress:

The second shot is, again, a rough sketch. Diagonal piers such as these will be prominent in FH. Stay tuned for an update and everyone have a Merry Christmas!

~ Dan

thundercrack83

Whoa!

That's about all I can muster right now while I regain my breath, Dan! This is just brilliant stuff, my friend! Rough draft or no, it's just wonderful!

Oh, yeah! Have a Merry Christmas, my friend!

Take care,

Dustin

CasperVg

Heh, that looks brilliant! The piers look brilliant, even tho, like Dustin said, they are still rough sketches. You got to tell me where you found that building in the first picture.. Looking forward to more!
Follow my SimCity 4 Let's play on YouTube

metarvo

Those are some sweet diagonal piers you've got there, Dan!  :thumbsup:  Merry Christmas!  :)
Find my power line BAT thread here.
Check out the Noro Cooperative.  What are you waiting for?  It even has electricity.
Want more? Try here.  For even more electrical goodies, look here.
Here are some rural power lines.

FrankU

Indeed very nice work! Looking high wealth all the time.
Maybe you should put in some trees?
I also like the small floating docks with boats. Made them yourself?

I'm eager to see more of it!

bat

The textures there are looking excellent! Wonderful two new pictures of your awesome city!!! :thumbsup:

warconstruct

Province of Acadia since 2020
Province of Zillerthal (2014)
Port Aux Captes (2009-2011)
Province of Trieste (2006-2010)
Since SC4D 2007-2022

bluesinjid

WOw icant wait for the full update! Your docks look nice but more props will do the trick :thumbsup:

art128

Brillant work on this waterfront Dan. &apls
Those walkway are splendid my friend.
Good choice of texture trees and props my friend.
I have one question, where you get that sculpture ? 

- Arthur.
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

dsrwhat316

blue sinjid: You're right; it'll be a marina. The lot you're looking for is JRJ Park Fences Revised by jeronij.
paroch: Sadly, the overview will have to wait. I'm devoting all my time and effort into getting this new city up and running. "Custom lotting work" is an understatement; the entire harbor front will be lotted entirely by me! I hope you enjoy it, Paul!
sithlrd98: I guess it wasn't cryptic enough if everyone figured it out  :P! Thanks for reading, Jayson!
un1: Glad you like the work in progress; I hope the first full update will be pleasing as well!
Pat: Thanks, Pat!
bat: I thank you, my friend!
urban: Hello, there, and welcome to The Source! Hope you enjoy the update!
metarvo: Oh yes, my friend, very much so. Hope you like it!
art128: Thanks, Arthur!
thundercrack83: I hope you regained your breath, Dustin, because I plan on taking it away again!  $%Grinno$%
caspervg: Thanks, Casper, for the nice compliments! Here's the link for that building: Sede Endesa. Took a while to find it!
metarvo: Thanks, my friend! I hope you had a Merry Christmas, as well!
FrankU: The trees will come, still mapping out where everything will be placed. The floating docks are part of PEG's CDK3 Marina set; I don't remember which download they came with. I can't BAT a lick (yet ::))!
bat: Thanks once again, my friend!
warconstruct: Thank you!
blue sinjid: Again, these are "rough drafts", so that I can get a feel for where I'm going to put more props. Don't worry; this update will show plenty of detail (at least I think so)!
art128: Thanks for picking out all the details; I'm happy you liked them! That sculpture is a prop from ripptide's CdS Marina Del Soliel. The prop is in the Mega Pack dependency, but the whole thing is a worthy download!

Update 13- Sea Dog
Here it is, my first true update in nearly a month! I've been working on this new city for a couple of weeks now. It's called Francis Harbor, or FH for short. Another Final Fantasy name I've used (guess which FF game FH is from!).

~ Dan

thundercrack83

Well, you're true to your word, Dan! You've taken my breath away once again, my friend!

Splendid stuff here, as always! It's so great to see such wonderful work!

And, it's a tad early but, Happy New Year!

Dustin