• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

NAM Request: Road to Avenue round about (4x3)

Started by djd, June 06, 2013, 01:59:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

djd

Greeting NAM team -

I am bringing forth a sorely missing NAM addition.  A Road / Avenue 3x4 roundabout. I have used 1 way roads to simulate this intersection for years but they do not match the grace and beauty of the NAM built roundabouts.  I have sketched up a sample of what I imagine it would look like.  I do hope this one gets some traction.  I am sure the community would love to have such an addition.  Thanks much!!!  NAM is an amazing creation it has transformed SC4!!

Swordmaster

Since you sketched it up quite nicely, why not put in some extra effort and make the actual textures? I'm sure if they existed some NAM member could do the coding.

Cheers
Willy

MandelSoft

Not exactly what you requested, but would this do? (made this up like a month ago):
Lurk mode: ACTIVE

djd

MandelSoft: Bravo.. That's it!!  Awesome work.  Wouldn't mind seeing some landscaping embellishment, otherwise perfect.  Is this available on the LEX?

Swordmaster: I don't know the first thing about now to create these things or I would.  Just a bumpkin engineers who knows a thing or 2 about CAD.

Swordmaster

Quote from: djd on June 06, 2013, 02:40:03 PMSwordmaster: I don't know the first thing about now to create these things

Me neither just a few months ago ;)  It's not hard at all. I suspect one should be able to re-use parts of the avenue roundabout textures.

Cheers
Willy

djd

MandelSoft:  Upon closer inspection it appears that your roundabout is a 5x4.   If that's the case, it would take up more real estate than I was hoping for in urban situations, seems to be room for more creations.  Beautiful work none the less!!

Willy:  Is there a tutorial on any of this to shed some light on such things.. as I am in cave like darkness on 'how to'

Swordmaster

I think the first thing that's a hurdle is how to get the existing textures, which I have covered in this tutorial. From there, it basically comes down to using an image editor like photoshop or GIMP, although there are a number of tips and tricks strewn across the forums (memo's curve tutorial comes to mind). There are also some that cover the more technical side of IIDs and importing textures but that's more the advanced part.

Cheers
Willy

WolfGuy100

Quote from: MandelSoft on June 06, 2013, 02:32:11 PM
Not exactly what you requested, but would this do? (made this up like a month ago):

Whoa, I want that! Where can I find it?

Tarkus

Quote from: WolfGuy100 on June 06, 2013, 04:41:56 PM
Whoa, I want that! Where can I find it?

At present, nowhere.  Because the RUL files must be integrated to ensure interoperability--a process which the NAM Team handles--if a transit network item isn't present in the current release of the NAM, it means it's not available, and is in a developmental state.

-Alex

Wiimeiser

We should have a separate button for roundabouts. And that screenshot can be the icon if you're not just using the Avenue Intersections one...
Pink horse, pink horse, she rides across the nation...

MandelSoft

I haven't included these Turbo-roundabouts in the NAM yet because I was planning to add a whole bunch of them. It will require more testing and pathing...
Lurk mode: ACTIVE

djd

Quote from: MandelSoft on June 07, 2013, 12:13:47 AM
I haven't included these Turbo-roundabouts in the NAM yet because I was planning to add a whole bunch of them. It will require more testing and pathing...

I knew there must have been something in the hopper.  I look forward to their release!!!

Patricius Maximus

Fascinating, but honestly I think an AVE-6 x AVE-4 would be the most helpful new roundabout, followed by AVE-6 x AVE-6 and AVE-4 x RD-2. I believe this would fall under the realm of the RABeTs? (which I hope I capitalized correctly)