• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Simmer's Lotting Lab.

Started by Simmer2, December 11, 2015, 07:24:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Simmer2

________________________________________________________________________________

Simmer2

Something tall somewhere in London. I'm sure the UK crowd knows what it is  ;)

This is phase 3 of my project.

Completion of the restaurant, giant LED screen, microwave antennas and the placement of more dishes than a diner on a busy night...

Next up, lighting and the base building.

Simmer2
________________________________________________________________________________

Simmer2

SM2 Oregon Lighthouse is now available here https://sc4devotion.com/csxlex/lex_filedesc.php?lotGET=3876

On another note...

Still working on optimizing my BT Tower for rendering. However I made this in between.
Built in 1936, Perry's Victory and International Peace Memorial commemorates the Battle of Lake Erie that took place near Ohio's South Bass Island.
I'm sure some of our US members know about this Monument.

Simmer2

b22rian

wow. i was not even aware of the BT tower..
My apologies as i need to follow the thread more closely..
But all these images look just great !!

Thanks, for posting all these... :thumbsup:

Simmer2

Hi b22rian

The BT Tower is being rendered as we speak. Lets hope it can be done in full HD (no hangups). I expect a 15 to 18 hour render time.

In the mean time there are other projects I have been busy with and this is one of them.

It is called  SM2 CO2 Scrubber

Carbon Dioxide is an ever present threat in our atmosphere. A company in Canada actually made a CO2 capture industrial sized machine that works.

I made this model of it so that SC4 mayors can use it to clear those nasty industrial and traffic smog clouds that pollute their cities.

Simmer2

belfastsocrates

Love that! Great to see new tech like this being produced for the game
A unique nation fusing technological prowess and unparalleled grandeur

"Anyone who lives within their means suffers from a lack of imagination" - Oscar Wilde

Simmer2

kbieniu7

Hmm... nice technology  ;)
Thank you for visiting Kolbrów, and for being for last ten years!

PaPa-J

Yes, very nice indeed.  Interesting technology!
Lighten up, just enjoy life,
smile more, laugh more,
and don't get so worked up
about things.

AsimPika3172

Welcome to futuristic industry!  &apls &apls &apls No more pollutions!  :thumbsup: :bnn:
I loves Sim City forever!

Simmer2

Thank you for the replies and likes!

SM2 BT Tower is now in the game. SD format only though, I tried 3 times to render it in HD but due to the amount of polys and lights involved I kept having hangups  &mmm

I should be able to release it in the next couple of days. There will be 2 versions. 1 plop landmark with jobs4x4 and 1 C$$ grow also 4x4.

Simmer2

Tyberius06

Hi!

Thanks for making these lovely new BATs. The BT Tower looks awesome and thanks for the recent releases. I saw your WIP images about the SM2 Biodiesel Tanks Array 8 over at Simtropolis. Was that BAT still made by GMAX, or you are moving to 3DS Max now? Why I'm asking, because that model is so much different (in a good way) that your usual (anyway very high quality) creations. It's maybe the shiny grey textures on the arrays or the HD quailty, but the colourful pipes look a bit different too. I find it really beautiful comparing to the general GMAX quaility. Thanks for your work on that (too).

PS1.: do you plan to release your split tracks rail station some times? It looks awesome, and I'm working on a huge station lot where I could use that platform (since most of the other buildings are coming from you on that lot anyway). (I think You already released the shelter with one of your recent lots, if on that split tracks station the shelter and the platform are not attached anyway, rather separated... At least the released shelter and the one on the split tracks platform station are very similiar)

PS2: a while back you showed some WIP images about your parking building. Any progress on that?

Keep up the good work!

- Tyberius
You may find updates about my ongoing projects into my development thread here at SimCity 4 Devotion: Tyberius Lotting Experiments
or over there on Simtropolis into the Tyberius (Heretic Projects) Lotting and Modding Experiments.
I'm also member of the STEX Custodian and working on different restoration projects on behalf of non-anymore-active custom content creators.
Current projects: WMP Restoration and SimCity Polska Restoration.
Member of the NAM Team and RTMT Team.

Simmer2

Still using good ol' Gmax. You can tell from the background color when I post a rendered pics such as the second pic shown here.

I decided to do a nice clean model this time. Its all about the textures and the HD rendering I do. I made the textures with Photoshop as usual. Just find some shining stainless steel, aluminum or chrome base textures on the internet and then tweak them.

SM2 Victoria Park Station will be released soon. I made the platform and everything on it as one. I did make them as separate components earlier but did not like the shadows therefore I chucked them in the goodbye bin  :D Some pieces where released with SM2 Markham Train Station
That station will also feature custom base textures.

The parking building is parked aside for the time being, when my interest is piqued again I will finish it. ::)

Here are the biodiesel tanks and some petroleum distillers I have been working on.

Simmer2

kelis

I can't wait to put my hands on that tower !!!!
.                                                                                                                      

|| Benelux Team || Windows on the World || My Photos on Flickr || Kelis BNL Projects ||

Simmer2

Thank you kelis It will be out soon

I think I may just offer the Landmark with jobs version. No point having them grow allover the map since it is one of a kind.

I do have 3 more Utilities lots almost ready as well.

CO2 Scrubber Mini

Small WT plant

Large WT plant.

Simmer2

art128

That's a cool purifier tower, not stealthy like Jasoncw's but I guess that's the point of the industrial design :D The BT tower is cool too.
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

Simmer2

Thanks art

I do have one more Utility lot to show.

SM2 Water Reservoir

Simmer2

Simmer2

kelis

Thanks !! I like to use this kind of lots, thanks for share it  &apls
.                                                                                                                      

|| Benelux Team || Windows on the World || My Photos on Flickr || Kelis BNL Projects ||

PaPa-J

The utility lots are amazing.  Nice size and everything.  Great work!  :thumbsup:
Lighten up, just enjoy life,
smile more, laugh more,
and don't get so worked up
about things.