• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Georgia Lynns Bed & Breakfast

Started by D66, March 12, 2007, 05:32:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

D66

Well..I'm back to Batting after a long rest from it.  Here is what I am working on now:  Georgia Lynn's Bed & Breakfast:

Barby will be lotting and modding it.  I'm thinking a growable commercial and a ploppable using the canals.  Comments and suggestions always welcome and appreciated.

Bobbo

D66 - what a beautiful B&B!  Is it suppose to be a Colonial style (Southern) architecture?  It looks so peaceful, I like how the lights glows that golden color!  Great job!  &apls

Gaston

D66,
    This is really a beautiful building.     I love the porch that wraps around it.    I would love to see this used as a R$$ residential as well.    And it would look great in any rural town.    As far as canals go,  I'm not real sure wether it would work with most canals.    Maybe you should talk to Jeronij and see how it would look with the NEW canal set he is creating.     I think it would look pretty good with it.

---Gaston
白龍

They say that the memory is the second thing that goes....
...dang , I wish I could remember the first.
WooHoo made Councilman - 05 FEB 07 Yipee made Mayor - 13 MAR 07 Hip Hip Hooray made Governor - 04 AUG 07 Rock On made Senator - 15 MAR 09

M4346

&apls That is really beautiful and I like it a lot! ;D
New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dedgren ♦ dmscopio ♦ Ennedi
emilin ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ papab2000
Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine

callagrafx

Aaahh, the Dolphin's back..:D

Looking extremely sweet, especially the warm nightlighting.  If you're doing a canal version, are you going to do one with Goober's and one with Jeroni's?

what it lacks atm is a sign...if it's a B&B it needs a swing sign or something.
The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it

Gaston

Quotewhat it lacks atm is a sign...if it's a B&B it needs a swing sign or something.
I agree with callagrafx.   Sept I think a wooden sign in the yard between 2 posts would look better than one on the building itself.

---Gaston
白龍

WooHoo made Councilman - 05 FEB 07 Yipee made Mayor - 13 MAR 07 Hip Hip Hooray made Governor - 04 AUG 07 Rock On made Senator - 15 MAR 09

Serkanner

I like this very much Dolphin ... the roof texturing is exquisite (sp?) and the overall look of the building makes me want to book a long weekend at the B&B immediatley ...

As for combining it with canal props ... hell yes! ... and why not with all of them? Besides this the building could also function perfectly as a more rural building in a small village or even as a farm building. The options are endless.

Keep up batting Dolphin ... you are a true talent.

Citynut

that is fantastic April - You sure have a way with mixing the building and floral in such a way that it makes it very peaceful and pleasant to the eye - super job -and yes do both grow and canal &apls ;D
I'm nutty and I Bat and they're coming for me with the white coats again

jacqulina

wow this is an awesome building very beautifull and the detail is amazing,will you be making more buildings like this

joelevan

I just love how you left the porch light on! Great effect for an Inn! Very friendly and cozy feeling to it. Well done!

Joel

JBSimio

This looks great, Dolphin!  I agree with the sign idea... although it could also be a prop, hanging shingle on its own post type of look (Century21 style sign?)  Serkanner's right... this could fit just about anywhere!   :thumbsup:

JB

Never trust a god who grins all the time and wears a top hat, that's my motto.  -Terry Pratchett

It's from JBSimio.  Need we say more?  -BadgerBoy of SC4 Devotion

Cali

first time viewer....this is absolutly wonderful. one suggestion for the lot if ya don't mind, maybe add a lamp post or two in the yard?
"It's not a design flaw, It's my signature"

Gaston

Quote from: JBSimio on March 13, 2007, 11:10:29 AM
This looks great, Dolphin!  I agree with the sign idea... although it could also be a prop, hanging shingle on its own post type of look (Century21 style sign?)  Serkanner's right... this could fit just about anywhere!   :thumbsup:

JB
Yeah that sorta thing would look great.   Maybe something like these [ linkiego to the "new"page ] .

---Gaston
白龍

BarbyW

I have started the lotting for these:

One on SG's canals:

And one on JRJ's new ones:

Inside every old person is a young person wondering what happened. TP

Barbypedia: More alive than the original

jeronij

This house is simply top class  &apls. I LOVE the texturing and the details overall  :thumbsup:

And it seems to fit quite nicely near a canal.... ::)
I am currently not active - Please, contact Tarkus for any site related matter. Thanks for enjoying SC4D :D

Autism Awareness;  A Father Shares
Mallorca My Mayor Diary

bat

kimcar

&apls Very nice one . I like it very much. Great work :thumbsup:

D66

While the B&B is in the capable hands of Barby for lotting and modding, I have started another project.  A country ranch house.  I'm thinking of possibly a sprawling horse ranch, maybe a reward..not sure yet.  Comments and suggestions always welcome and appreciated.

EDIT: Moving the Country Ranch House to it's own thread.

metasmurf

I like that house, why not make a growable farmlot out of it ?

NikNik

Great B&B Dolphin.
Great roof texturing! Night lighting is also not over done, very subtle. Well done!
You're a master!

Nik-Nik