• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

De-icing?

Started by Swesim, December 25, 2007, 08:17:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Swesim

Up here in the cold north we usually need to de-ice the wings and sometimes the hull of the aircraft before takeoff, is there any chance we could see models of de-icing trucks sometime in the future?

I found a japanese site with pics of various ground equipment that might be of some use as inspiration.

Vestergaard company who builds most de-icers used here in Sweden has some excellent pics of various vehicles used in their image gallery, measurements can be found here.

Hope it helps!

MOD EDIT: Broken link fixed. - Fred

Xiziz

Ive thought about this too, and snowplows. Airports like Arlanda use a lot of those to keep the tarmac/runwas operational during the cold half of the year.
I was watching the equipment i saw during my journey now and got really inspired to get a good basic propack of basic "groundclutter", that is, Oiltrucks, Stairtrucks and some small tractors/cars i saw around the airports, you see a lot more of it when your walking on the tarmac up to the aircraft, the one fact i love about flying from the smaller airports(but nowhere even close to the thrill of seeing lots of different aircraft and livries at the larger ones).
Ive also got some ideas for some hangars and a terminal(The one at Malta was rather nice, got a very african/middleastern feel to it, but looks really neat, and goes well with the major upcoming project on terminals)...

And guess whats better? Ive only got a few things planned for the next month, since i dont have school nor work. My conscription(Lumpen) starts in the end of january.

krbe

Vestergaards' hiring (or so I believe from the ads in the paper). But that's nothing beats waiting for hours in a bus gate and then hear SAS are cancelling all flights on security reasons right before you're sent to board your own plane (only to be sitting an extra hour before deicing).

Winter and flying is great :thumbsup:

Swesim

Quote from: Xiziz on December 26, 2007, 01:49:43 PM
Ive thought about this too, and snowplows. Airports like Arlanda use a lot of those to keep the tarmac/runwas operational during the cold half of the year.
I was watching the equipment i saw during my journey now and got really inspired to get a good basic propack of basic "groundclutter", that is, Oiltrucks, Stairtrucks and some small tractors/cars i saw around the airports, you see a lot more of it when your walking on the tarmac up to the aircraft, the one fact i love about flying from the smaller airports(but nowhere even close to the thrill of seeing lots of different aircraft and livries at the larger ones).
Ive also got some ideas for some hangars and a terminal(The one at Malta was rather nice, got a very african/middleastern feel to it, but looks really neat, and goes well with the major upcoming project on terminals)...

And guess whats better? Ive only got a few things planned for the next month, since i dont have school nor work. My conscription(Lumpen) starts in the end of january.

Sounds like a useful way to spend the cold January...  :thumbsup:
Best of luck to You and your teammates!

teddyb4492

I posed a request in the "more ground Equipment thred in the AC room, just wantd to know if there was any status on the work for more ground related stuff?    Xiziz if you could post a sitrep that would be great, your works is wonderful as always, thanks for the very hard work to bring the great content to the LEX..   &apls

thanks so much.
Sean
  :thumbsup:

Xiziz

SITREP 2008 - Ground Equipment

I will check into the status of the files residing on my hard drive, Which is a volvo chassis, with the de-iceing equipment and owen should still have the catering equipment for it. This year has been a low activity year because of my conscription, very little time at home, and the little I got I spent with friends and family.

I believe the models were 3ds studio max ones though, which I no longer have.

Cheers

XiahouDun

I was having a thought the other day that we could use one of those silos where they keep salt for the runways too. Would really be a nice addition for some of those empty spaces in the airports.
Current project: Movies 14

You may have meant to search for Houdini. (result of searching for XiahouDun on SC4D)

teddyb4492

Xiziz - thanks for looking, and i know what you mean about not having a lot of time as a soldier, i have been doing it for 20 years.  so i was just wanting to know if you had found anything or if anyone else might be or could be working on some ground equipment? 
thanks
Sean

Voltaire

Some new equipment coming, in the 737 pack next month... a belt loader at least, maybe some catering... depends what I can find time for. New tugs and pallet loaders for the larger 757 aircraft, and widebodies, down the road.

______   F  L  Y    A  C    J  E  T  S   ______
The finest SimCity Aviation LOTs BATs and MODs

teddyb4492

Voltaire:  thanks so much for the update.  I know that everyone works very hard to bring such great stuff to everyone.  Do you know about the tug in one of the ACB Airport Packs?  It is only connected to the 747s in that pack and does not appear as a separate prop.  The same with the cargo loading equipment.  If some one would add those as separate props to a prop pac that would be a great too.  Do you know who I should ask maybe?

Also, I hate to ask for stuff without doing anything myself, I would be willing to help.  If I could please request some items such as Tugs', De-Icers', Catering trucks, fuel trucks, and some cargo handling equipment when you can, that would be great, I would be willing to help in any way I could.

Anyway thanks for taking the time to answer me, I appreciate it a lot.

&hlp &hlp &hlp
Sean  

Voltaire

Re pushback tugs: there will be a new one for the 757 & 787 (smaller than the 747 tug). They'll both be converted to standalone props.

Belt Loader coming on the 737 Lots... this one is separate from the aircraft. The aircraft's open cargo door is rendered with the loader.

Modelling note: due to camera angles the cargo compartment interior is not needed on narrowbody planes. However, this will not be the case on the 747 & 787 -- for those widebodies, the loader, cargo door, aircraft, and jetway will have to be rendered as a single scene.

______   F  L  Y    A  C    J  E  T  S   ______
The finest SimCity Aviation LOTs BATs and MODs