• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Art128's SC4 Projects

Started by art128, August 12, 2009, 03:46:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

vortext

You had me confused for a moment as the 'gallery' threw me off and I expected your BAT thread.  :D

Awesome to see such a complete and excellent build tile.  &apls

The meandering river is very nice indeed and I also love the forest composition. Also would like to know where to find that long train service building near the bottom of the mosaic.
time flies like a bird
fruit flies like a banana

belfastsocrates

I love that scene of the bridge and meandering river, it's gorgeous.

Really lovely work!
A unique nation fusing technological prowess and unparalleled grandeur

"Anyone who lives within their means suffers from a lack of imagination" - Oscar Wilde

Gugu3

Dantes

Otouto-chan! *hug*
I especially like the area around the river. There herons are determined to catch a lot of frogs and lizards. The list looks very realistic!

art128

noahclem: Thank you Noah, don't worry I prepared the update in advance so I could work on NORO too. :)
vester: Yeah, I'll try to have more cars on the road. There should be in my new region now since I changed the traffic simulator. Thanks Arne.
threestooges: And you should! I think it's one of the country in the world that's the most worth to visit.
vortext: Train service building was made by Jim on his onedrive account though it seems to be closed now... don't know why.
Dantes: I'm glad you like it. I should try to mix some industry in my neighbors like you do, it really does look good.

--

New update guys. Now this will be the last for some time because I've got nothing else ready. Maybe I'll show some ongoing pictures of my current project, I'll think about it. I'm also working on a few BATs to be ready for something later this year..... More information on this later though. :)
Again no overhead lines because the update itself is a few month old. hehe.
This time I show you my take at the town of Okutama, not far from Tokyo in the mountains.

Bonus: a picture I created for the Simtropolis challenge "zoom6". Unfortunately, I lost.

Hope you liked this update. :)
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

Gugu3

gn_leugim

romualdillo

Splendid work!! Great details!  &apls

Dantes

A wonderful little town. When I saw your overview I had to think of this photo:
http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Datei:Takeda_town_view.JPG
If the embankment is not a bit too much for the small town? I like the road layout, well done!

vortext

Really like those houses build up the hill. The river is also very nicely done.  &apls
time flies like a bird
fruit flies like a banana

Silur

Thank You... Excellent work from JP ...

ユミーちゃん

凄い!フォトは本当に良いですよ!頑張れよ!  :thumbsup: Amazing! The photos are very well done! Keep it up the good work! :thumbsup:

kelis

Fantastic job Art !! I really like your way to make those towns. I like your use of the trees too. Great job my friend !
.                                                                                                                      

|| Benelux Team || Windows on the World || My Photos on Flickr || Kelis BNL Projects ||

Terring7

"The wisest men follow their own direction" Euripides
The Choice is Ours
---
Simtropolis Moderator here. Can I help? Oh, and you can call me Elias (my real name) if you wish.

noahclem

Beautiful update Arthur  &apls &apls  Your work with the slopes turned out perfectly and the details of the greenery and streetscapes are spot-on! I'm going to have a look now at what could possibly have beaten your Z6 picture  ;D

gn_leugim

once again you nailed it! (if you look carefully you'll find the nail in the picture  :D )

benedict

I'm a little behind, but congratulations - your MD was number one on BTT for the week ending March 26.
Click on the banner to celebrate!

Fasan

A wonderful landscaping. I am always very excited by this great work of yours.  :thumbsup:
My congratulations for the number one in the BBT.   &apls

art128

Thanks for the comments guys.

Dantes, this is the kind of photos that inspire me to build great cities. I must say you're right, rural towns are better than large metropolis. :)

--

As you may have noticed, all my pictures aren't available anymore. That is because Pomf.se, the website I used to upload my updates closed forever, since the owner, a young Swedish guy nicknamed Neku couldn't bear it anymore with the monthly cost of over 650€ in bandwidth ect.
I'll use this as an occasion to switch to imgur, even though the interface really isn't welcoming.

I have recently started developing a new region. It's an island set on a 2x2 large city tiles region, which will feature Japanese styled cities again. (until I get bored of it, which is not happening soon) My main focus will be on rural and suburb areas on hilly terrain. The island is called Okushiri but doesn't have anything in common apart from being Japanese with the real Okushiri island, Hokkaido.

The first update will focus on the downtown of Okushiri, with the old port. You can click on the pictures to see them in full view. (1280px) Pics are a bit heavy (1~2mb) so let them load fully.

The region view. As you can see it really is an island with some good hilly terrain to develop. You can make out from this overview the downtown with the old port, the new port, the hydro electric dam and the airport.

An overview of the downtown area, not a lot of big buildings. The railway station serves only a small local line that runs around the island. There are some blank spaces because it is of course still work in progress.

A closer view of the train station area.

From another angle and night.

A closer view of some of the building making the downtown. Lots of offices but also some good apartment buildings.

The danchi area located just next to the downtown. Since it is uphill, you have a fantastic view of the downtown both day and night.

The ferry terminal and some houses along the shore of the downtown gulf.

The other side of the port, the apartments building here also have a fantastic view.

--

That's all for now, hope you liked it even if it's repetitive. ;)

I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

reddonquixote

Lovely work. Amazing amount of detail. I especially like the last two images with the waterfronts. Very pretty  ;D The region view looks amazing as well - it looks like a satellite photo!
Pay heed to the tales of old wives. It may well be that they alone keep in memory what it was once needful for the wise to know.