• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Art128's SC4 Projects

Started by art128, August 12, 2009, 03:46:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Looks like a good work. I especially like your second picture, with the overview of the town, and your selection and combination of buildings and your choice where to place them.

belfastsocrates

The attention to detail and lot variety is fantastic. I love the island overview as well.

Can I ask what site you get most of your BAT's from? There's a few nice ones which I haven't seen before.
A unique nation fusing technological prowess and unparalleled grandeur

"Anyone who lives within their means suffers from a lack of imagination" - Oscar Wilde

romualdillo

Great job!! I like it a lot! It's very difficult to give a realistic appearance to any city built on an island, but I really think you've achieved it!! The city fits its hilly environment perfectly, with the residential neighbourhoods spreading along the small valleys, and its size is just perfect for the island, not too big to invade everything and not too small to lose its urban look!!  &apls

c.p.

Very natural looking development :thumbsup:  The waterfront areas are especially nicely done.  I love the little houses and fishing boats on the edges of the harbor.

noahclem

Beautiful new region, Arthur, and when I see you build on an island it keeps making me want to do the same  ;D  The new city packs all the quality I've come to expect from you with a lovely layout and best-of-the-best bat selection. The icing on the cake regarding the latter is once again your top-quality, HD building set that remains the gold standard other buildings of that type and detail are judged by. Very much looking forward to seeing how your newest project moves forward, and sorry to hear about the loss of you image host :(  Imgur's treated me pretty well so far, as long as I don't let it distract me with viral images of cats while I'm trying to post an SC4 update  :facepalm:

Hope all's been well with you lately and sorry I've not been around skype for a while. Looking forward to catching up soon and take care my friend :)

Gugu3

manga rivotra

I love your work with the urban planning.
Everything seems to be on the good place and perfectly ordered, in particular on photos in distant views.  :)
The port is very well done and seems proportionned in a realistic way. Plus, the opposition between the protected old harbor and the modern port is perfectly executed.
And, I like the way your HD building are illuminated in zoom 6, even computer screens are visible!
It is a very impressionant update !  &apls  &apls  &apls

belfastsocrates

Would you mind telling me where the marked buildings are from? I understand if a few are your own creations and can't be shared but if any others are available online I'd appreciate a link to the website. I have a few Japanese buildings but I've seen those on any of the sites before.

Apologies for listing so many.

http://imageshack.com/a/img538/5499/MIAsDe.jpg

http://imageshack.com/a/img911/9862/BRl8Jl.jpg

"Anyone who lives within their means suffers from a lack of imagination" - Oscar Wilde

art128

Quote from: belfastsocrates on June 29, 2015, 03:48:02 AMWould you mind telling me where the marked buildings are from?

1: Toyama Insurance by Jsteed.
2,3,5: These are from Gobanboshi (on the right: SIMCITY\商業(CS・CO) and  公共施設・ランドマーク
4: This one is from Moonlight
6: I can't find it. Try to look at the List of available Japanese websites.

:)
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

belfastsocrates

Thank you very much! :)

I'll keep looking for the school.

vortext

Bummer your old pictures are no longer available but the new project is off to a great start!  :thumbsup:
time flies like a bird
fruit flies like a banana

art128

Thank you for the comments.  :thumbsup:

Time for a new update.

Today we are going to see the second largest city of the island: Muroran. It is located at the south end of the train line, and is the last stop before the airport of the airport bus shuttle.

As usual, pictures are available in 1280x1024 with you click on them.

The region view. I'm making good progress with two tiles completely developed.

The overview of Muroran. The airport is located on the tile to the right.

A mosaic that spans from the marina to the commercial port.

The port with its two old cranes. The municipality is thinking about upgrading to some new modern cranes.

The train station and bus terminal and night.

Hope you liked this update too. :)

Props & Texture Catalog

belfastsocrates

Very nice indeed! I like port and marina particularly.

kelis

What a nice job here !!! I love the idea to built in that island. You can make a nice job there developing all that area.
I really like the overviews and also that new train station. It fits perfect in that place.

Keep up the good work my friend !!
.                                                                                                                      

|| Benelux Team || Windows on the World || My Photos on Flickr || Kelis BNL Projects ||

romualdillo

In my opinion the region shot is developing perfectly!!! And the town of Muroran looks very interesting, with the different growth stages well defined: historic core, old and new harbour, station, residential developments, civic buildings and marina... I one word, perfect!!!!  &apls

c.p.

Your waterfronts are great, as ususal.  Also, I like how you integrated the farmland and woodland into the town.  It all looks very believable to me as a prosperous, well-developed area. &apls

manga rivotra

Once again, very beautiful  use of the NBVC stuff for your marina, which is perfectly integrated into the district.
I love the idea to put reeds below levels of the water, it creates an effect of depth, very realistic. :)
Magnificent mosaic and global view, we can see that you master perfectly the urban density. &apls

Shark7

Haven't been by in a while, you have been busy.  :)

On the last series of screenshots, I think you capture progress in motion very well.  The area started as rural agriculture land that is now being taken over by more and more urban necessities.  It is the story of life and growth.

Of course the bad side of such growth and progress is that you'll end up importing more food.  :P  And the directions you'll get..."turn left at farmer Brown's cabbage patch"...only the cabbage patch is now a strip mall.  :D

On a serious note, I like the marina area and the tram station the most.  Of course it looks crowded, but on an island it will be, you are very space limited.  I think you made a good use of the space you had without having it just be wall to wall buildings.

Your MMP work is amazing as always.  &apls

art128

Thanks for the comments. :)

Today I'll start a series of updates featuring the bus lines of Okushiri.

For starter, here's the completed region view:

I am still thinking how to make the map of all the lines in a very readable and nice form, but for the moment, here's the rough sketch I made on paper.

And now for the two first lines.

(Oops, forgot the first stop on that map..........)

The line starts at the train station, like most bus lines in Okushiri.

The first stop is in front of the City Hall.

Despite being the Hospital of Miyajima , it is still located on the main island.

First stop on the small island of Miyajima.

(I messed up the buses in this picture, RHD instead of LHD....  ::) )

The ferry terminal was used before the bridge was constructed, opening the island to the mainland.

Just like the first line, line 2 starts at the train station. Here you can see the first bus of the day, at 5:30AM.

First stop is in front of Okushiri shrine.

The stop of the Marina.

This short line finishes at the place of the old fish market. It has long been destroyed in favor of urban development.

That's it for today, I hope you liked it. :)
The next update will cover line 3, 4 and 5.

Props & Texture Catalog

manga rivotra

Wonderful journey in your region with this update &apls &apls &apls
I dream to make one day a such beautiful region view !  :)
Your closer pictures are very realistic too, full of life, specially in the residentials zones with all these pedestrians perfectly placed on the narrow alleys. The atmosphere on the Okushiri station by night picture is absolutly perfect : not yet the rush hour but the right number of people in the neighborhoods of the station such early in the morning.
I'm really impatient to discover your work with the others bus lines :)