• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

SC4Mapper

Started by wouanagaine, December 15, 2006, 12:12:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wouanagaine

SC4Mapper is a tool that you will definitly need if you want to import/export SC4M files.
It does not require SC4Terraformer to run. It is basically SC4Terraformer without the terraforming tools and without 3D, so DirectX is not required
A readme is included, teaching you how to use the tool

SC4Mapper can be found here unzip and run SC4Mapper.exe
you may need :
MSCVP71.DLL - It can be found here:
http://www.dll-files.com/dllindex/dll-files.shtml?msvcp71

If you are having trouble with SC4Mapper, please download the new (2013) version here (linky)

New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio ♦ dedgren ♦ emilin ♦ Ennedi ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley
M4346 ♦ moganite ♦ Papab2000 ♦ Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
Divide wouanagaine by zero and you will in fact get one...one bad-ass that is - Alek King of SC4

jeronij

Excellent  :thumbsup:

I am sure we will find a very good use for this one  ;D !!!
I am currently not active - Please, contact Tarkus for any site related matter. Thanks for enjoying SC4D :D

Autism Awareness;  A Father Shares
Mallorca My Mayor Diary

bat

TheTeaCat

Indeed a very handy tool it looks. :thumbsup:

:satisfied:
Kettle's on. Milk? Sugars?    ps I don't like Earl Grey  $%Grinno$%
Reduce, Reuse, Recycle - If you're not part of the solution , you're part of the problem!
"Never knock on Death's door: Ring the bell and run away! Death really hates that!"
Tales at TeaTime      Now A proper NUT      TTC plays GRV II

pvarcoe

A super tool.
I use it regularily!

emilin

This is an extremly useful tool for all of us who aren't any good at TF anyway but still want the accuracy!

BlackwaterEmil's inn
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio ♦ dedgren
♦ Emilin ♦ Ennedi ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦
papab2000 ♦ Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine

kwakelaar

I have now downloaded SC4Mapper for the MountRobson region and it worked as a dream, thanks for making this. &apls

Shadow Assassin

It's a great tool, but seriously, FileDen SUCKS when it comes to downloading things...
New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dedgren ♦ dmscopio ♦ Ennedi
emilin ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ papab2000
Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
See my uploads on the LEX!

wouanagaine

QuoteIt's a great tool, but seriously, FileDen SUCKS when it comes to downloading things...
Duh, can you expand it a bit ?
I found Fileden very usefull for uploading, folder managment, zip, batch uploads, and the best feature IMO is that filenames do not change contrary to imageshack
The free account can have 500Mb and a 20Gb bandwith per months

New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio ♦ dedgren ♦ emilin ♦ Ennedi ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley
Divide wouanagaine by zero and you will in fact get one...one bad-ass that is - Alek King of SC4

wouanagaine

I have uploaded SC4Mapper to the LEX

you can now find it here => http://sc4devotion.com/csxlex/lex_filedesc.php?lotGET=179

New Horizons Productions

Serkanner

The tools by Wouanagaine have given simcity4 yet another life ... I am using the different programs for all kinds of tasks, but one things I feel is still missing in the map making department. When I open a sc4M in Mapper and save region it fantastically creates the new region in my game ... however, a number of the great maps by the NHP all have big city tiles. I like to play with medium tiles for a number of reasons ... I have yet not find a way to change the embedded config file in the SC4M file to the one I want.

Is this possible?

If "yes", could somebody explain it to me.

If "no", is it perhaps an idea to enhance the program with such an option, if possible of course.

Thanks in advance.

jplumbley

Serkanner....  That is a good request.  I can tell you how to do this using SC4Terraformer.  But since I use SC4Terraformer I dont use SC4Mapper.

To change the config.bmp for a map.

1. Open SC4TF and open your region.
2. Save it as and SC4M file.
3. Close SC4TF
4. Open the region folder for this region.  Edit the config.bmp to your liking.  And make sure that the config.bmp is the only file in the region folder.
5. Open SC4TF and open the blank region you just created with your new config.bmp
6. Now Import your SC4M file you created before changing the config.bmp
7. File->Save
8. Enter SC4 and play away!

Hope this is helpfull Serkanner.

JPlumbley
"You learn something new everyday."

http://img517.imageshack.us/img517/169/nhpjplumbleykv3.gif
Bringing the new horizons closer to reality.

Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ Dedgren ♦ Ennedi Shadow Assassin ♦  Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
Street Addon Mod - SAM

Serkanner

Thank you for the fast reply and thorough explanation. Unfortunately there is one problem. My version of SC4TF doesn't have an "import" or "save as" option. Its either load or create. underneath the "file" button. And the only save option is the one that creates the region in SC4 itself ...

jplumbley

Hi Serkanner,

No problem.  Your version does have the Import and save as command.  If you are using SC4Terraformer.  All versions do and did. (wouanagaine correct me if it is an older version than my testing days). The import is under Global Tools about 3rd or 4th from bottom.  And the Save is in the File menu.  Save is the only way to save your map to SC4.

JPlumbley

Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ Dedgren ♦ Ennedi Shadow Assassin ♦  Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
Street Addon Mod - SAM

Serkanner

That did the trick ...  :thumbsup:  ... the export button is indeed hidden in "global tools". Thanks for the big help.

jplumbley

Glad to help out Serkanner!!

Street Addon Mod - SAM

wouanagaine

Serkanner, I think JeanLucPicard mentionned a config editor in his released on the board

I have not implemented it in SC4Mapper or SC4TF, but I'm thinking of it ( along other things :) )

New Horizons Productions

bwatterud

SC4Mapper isn't working for me for some reason.  The SC4M files load fine, but when I try to save them nothing happens.  After getting impatient, I'll quit and get an error report.  The log file says this:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "SC4MapApp.pyo", line 863, in SaveRgn
OSError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory

This has happened to me several times (I can be very stubborn when I want something to work)()testing()

Brightstar

I am not sure what I am doing wrong - I have downloaded and installed SC4Mapper just fine.  Only problem is when I try and open it up it - well - it seems to ignore me............ %confuso
I know I have all the files in system32 I need - I checked carefully.  I also checked all the threads on all the forums I could find to see if someone else had a solution.
The text file created with the error says:
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "SC4MapApp.pyo", line 1006, in OnClose
  File "SC4MapApp.pyo", line 1009, in ShowMain
  File "SC4MapApp.pyo", line 278, in __init__
UnicodeDecodeError: 'unicodeescape' codec can't decode bytes in position 2-4: truncated \UXXXXXXXX escape

Also my pc insists the program is running when I restart it - but it doesn't show up in Task Manager.  I am running Vista and have 1.5gb of RAM installed

Can anyone point me in the right direction?  There are some great regions I would love to use!!!

wouanagaine

get the latest one on the LEX and remove config.ini from the installation folder

New Horizons Productions