• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Nagagonia

Started by nbvc, February 06, 2010, 08:56:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

scott1964

Nice.  :) Where did you get the culvert and the concrete walls from?  :)

canyonjumper

Nice updates, nbvc! I really like the dirty canal system &apls

-Jordan :thumbsup:
I'm the one who jumped across the Grand Canyon... and lived.

Toichus Maximus

First time i've really seen the LARS in full action.

Scott, it's the Los Angeles River System by Rebalynn

http://www.simtropolis.com/stex/details.cfm?id=19370

Excellent work!

cubby420

Beautiful update...in that grimy, dirty kinda way  ;) The canal is perfect

@Tolchus Maximus: thanks for posting the link...I was driving myself crazy looking for that after seeing it here

Tomas Neto

Very nice mosaic, really great work!!!

nbvc

Next update of Fallowsen.

Some typical houses in this town.

The local radio station.

The freight rail station.

The canal starts in the industrial area...

and ends at the river and causes a lot of water pollution.

Along the river are some industrial ports and a more pollution.

People of Fallowsen looking forward to get a water treatment plant in the next update.  ;)

Gringamuyloca

I love, love, love! the rock detailing along your river!.....
Tamara

kwakelaar

Nice work with the river harbour and all the different barges, and that treatment plant seems to be needed. Quite some foul looking water there.

kimcar

&apls &apls Yep nice work with the rock along the river and to bad about pollution but no worry you gonna find a solution $%Grinno$%

cubby420

Ah...its nice to be reminded of how awesome a lot of the Maxis content is from time to time.

Great update! The city shows a lot of character and the well implemented river detail adds a lot to the overall product.

If I may suggest a water treatment plant (though non-functional I believe) that would look perfect with the aesthetic you've created here: http://www.simtropolis.com/stex/details.cfm?id=18736

Its a grimy but gorgeous design. Just a suggestion. Keep up the excellent work!

Tomas Neto

Wow... awesome update!!! Really very realistic and a big quantity of details!!!  &apls &apls

canyonjumper

Very nice job, nbvc! That river really needs a treatment plant ;D

-Jordan :thumbsup:

calibanX

That industrial area is fantastic. I love the dirty water and the canal. I'm looking forward to seeing you build more.

Geoff
Where City and Country Flow Together

Battlecat

Wow, great update!  Love that freight station, it looks amazing!

nbvc

Replies
cubby420: Thanks, this water treatment plant already was in my mind.

Thanks for all comments, here is the solution for the water pollution.

A treatment plant for Fallowsen.

Fallowsen got the treatment plant. The canal ends now at the sewage treatment plant.

Only clean water runs into the river.

The water pollution goes back and you can see the ground at some parts of the river.

Fallowsen has now about 21.000 inhabitants and looks like this.

nedalezz

Now THAT is an industrial town, and quite beautiful in its own right. I love the work you have done with the river and the harbor.

canyonjumper

Great pictures, nbvc! The river looks much better now!

Your friend, Jordan :thumbsup:

threestooges

I need to get around more. I can't believe I've missed this for so long. Nice work with the ski town and with Peg's new stuff. You've really put the seasonality to good use. However, I think what's even more impressive are the last two updates. The pollution looked good, really good, in that disgusting way. The overview of the river looked like it had a few rings (jeronij's pollution plops?) of brown, but aside from that, the water was clouded nicely. The following picture, up close of the ship unloading at the dock, I think that's one of the better small port pictures I've seen. the industry pressed up against the seawall as it wraps around to the port itself made a nice little pocket for the ship to rest in. The fact that you made a second update to install a treatment plant and actually showed the difference is a great touch. Nice work on it all.

Tomas Neto

Great update, really fantastic city!!!  :thumbsup:

Zanza