• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Nagagonia

Started by nbvc, February 06, 2010, 08:56:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cubby420

Ah, I did not mean to steal your thunder. The implementation you chose is very clever though. It looks like a natural flow and is very cool. I was playing around with this treatment plant but couldn't come up with something a placement realistic and beautifully "ugly" as you've created. Great job! 

:thumbsup:

calibanX

Great solution to your pollution problem. I'll echo the comment made above. I love that sewage treatment plant and never did find just the right place in my cities to put it. You definitely have. I love your industrial sprawl here.

Geoff
Where City and Country Flow Together

kwakelaar

The water treatment plant really did the trick, it looks great.

Battlecat

That water treatment plant is a great addition!  Love the details along your shoreline!

scott1964

Shilka

I really like your industrial areas, they look so realistic and credible.
All the stuff you plopped at the shores and under water is just amazing, it really is that, amazing...
It's not that easy to plop so many rocks and make stuff look natural without things looking repetetive or awkward, you must have a really good feel for what looks natural... You do a great job of mixing the small and larger rocks and the plants and other textures, really well done!

nbvc

Replies
threestooges: Thanks, the water pollution and the rings was only caused by the industry, nothing plopped.
cubby420: No problem, no big spoiler. ;) Thanks that you like the implementation.

Thanks to all other reader and for all comments so far.

Nagalon

Nagalon will become the capital city of Nagagonia.

This is the initial zoning plan for Nagalon. The size of the zones may change, depending on the city's needs. The red zone will contain the residential and commercial areas, parks, plazas and marinas and ferry landings at the water.

Entering Nagalon from the east.

The East Elementary School near a rail station.

Tomas Neto

Fantastic update with great mosaic and nice images!!!

Battlecat

Nice job on the rural-urban transition.  Looks great!

cubby420

Nice use of diagonals to break the grid here and there. Your plan looks exciting. I can't wait to see the port.

nedalezz

Loved the mosaic as it builds up from farmland into a more dense urban center! A great touch.

canyonjumper

Nice transition, nbvc! Great job!

-Jordan :thumbsup:
I'm the one who jumped across the Grand Canyon... and lived.

armagin

Beautiful Mosaic on page 1 and may I inquire as to whereabouts you located those wunderbar docks for your ships?
Check out a journey through Heavenshire over on Simtropolis: http://www.simtropolis.com/cityjournals/?p=toc&id=716

nbvc

Replies
armagin: The boats and docks are from here http://www.bripizza.net/sc4/land.html and here http://members3.jcom.home.ne.jp/somy000/p8.htm

Thanks for all comments.

East Nagalon
Some small houses at the east side of Nagalon.

The sport area.

The College of Computer Science

And some residential and commercial buildings near it.

art128

Nice update, nbvc !
I likes all these pictures a lot. The small lake on the mosaic one is really well done, also as the housing. The sport complex is very great too, everything fits together nicely. The college of computer science is a nice touch, good job with the surrounding park and building district.  ;)

Arthur. :thumbsup:
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

Tomas Neto

Fantastic update with a nice suburb an downtown too!!! Great work!!!  :thumbsup:

canyonjumper

Great pics. nbvc! The College is a great addition.

Your friend,
                                 Jordan :thumbsup:
I'm the one who jumped across the Grand Canyon... and lived.

cubby420

Those are some very realistic looking mixed low-medium density areas. I'm very fond of your treatment of diagonal intersections and the buildings you've chosen for them.

Speaking of which, where did you find the small diagonal at the very bottom of the last picture? Its so plain and normal...in other words perfect for many situations.

Thanks for sharing another excellent update!

Battlecat

Fantastic update!  Everything looks amazing!

nbvc