• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Casper's Portfolio - Reading - 2016 Update 1 - Hornet (Regional Airport)

Started by CasperVg, May 31, 2008, 10:36:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CasperVg

Comments
- c.p.: Thanks a lot!
- Schulmanator: Thank you, hope you enjoy :)
- Vortext: Thank you! Thanks for the tips as well :)

Episode 31 - Slowly growing
Showing off some off-camera improvements and begin planning out some transportation networks and city planning

480p and 720p should be available soon, not sure why they're not there yet
Follow my SimCity 4 Let's play on YouTube

compdude787

Nice, it's good to see you back with a new region and new videos!
Check out my MD, United States of Simerica!
Last updated: March 5, 2017

My YouTube Channel

vortext

Careful bulldozing a lot of stuff at once, you almost became inaudible for a moment there.  :D

Also, you could actually plant trees on the first of August, September and October to make for smoother seasonal changes (see the table further down in this post). Trees changing their colors all at once is a bit unnatural after all. .  ;)
time flies like a bird
fruit flies like a banana

CasperVg

Having lots of fun with NAMv34 in the good old Reading region.

Hope everyone has a splendid 2016. Perhaps it will be a more active one for the Portfolio  ;)

Bipin

Glad to see an update, even if its brief. You've done well in going against the grid!   ;)

compdude787

My YouTube Channel

CasperVg

Thank you, Bibin and compdude787!

Another teaser for today..

RHW-4 Bridge with on-offramp split between two sides of the river

samerton

Great to see this back again Casper, fantastic images :thumbsup:

Bipin

CasperVg

Thank you, samerton and Bipin!

Let's continue, shall we?

I've been improving the CBD area around the seawalls. I never liked how the Marrast seawalls and Mas71's grass walls looked together, so I switched them out for Jeronij's (sea)walls. The area itself, which used to be medium-density residential, is now high-density commercial with some parks/plaza's mixed in. The added R demand caused by the offices caused many high-rise residentials to grow (in the background of the image). I'm not quite happy with how chaotic and close together those look right now, so I'll make some adjustments there next.

Bonus night picture. Does anyone know why the RRW-2 bridge is so heavily nightlit? It doesn't make much sense to me.

kbieniu7

Good pictures. I like the road layout both in the city and your suburban shots :) The railway bridge looks weird, indeed  ???
Thank you for visiting Kolbrów, and for being for last ten years!

compdude787

Great new pictures! I was inspired by the way you've done videos showing you playing SC4 for your MD and I decided to do something similar. I really am glad to see you back, and looking forward to any videos you do in the future! That CBD looks nice so far!

My YouTube Channel

CasperVg

Thank you, kbienu7 and compdude787! I'm definitely considering some videos once my exams are over :)

It's curious to see how much I dislike certain locations that were built back in the beginning of the Reading region. They are either too blocky, too crowded or too chaotic. Then again, I guess that's how things go when you try to "naturally" grow cities. Things get out of hand really fast  ::)

cmdp123789

New videos? wohoo! smack me and call me Jesus! This is great.. I am looking forward to watching some new vids. And yes, some parts might not look the way you want em to look, but you can always go back and fix them (and show us how you do it  ;D).

Themistokles

New videos, wow! :bnn: I remember how back in the days of my early SC4 addiction I used to lurk through them on youtube... :D And I have to say, I really like that set of bridges for  the railway and the motorway, they fit together so well! But aren't those trains a bit too long for the platforms? Anyhow, they look gorgeous, so mind if I ask what train skin it is?
Come join me on a hike to St Edmea!

Latest update: 7

"In the end, our society will be defined not only by what we create, but by what we refuse to destroy." - John Sawhill

Catalyst

Hey Casper, great to hear from you! I only joined SC4D a few years ago and I don't think you were active back then; I did watch all your video's so you're kind of a legend to me :thumbsup:

If you have project symphony installed, you could use the elevated rhw-4 bridge to avoid the embankments in the image in one one your previous posts ('RHW-4 Bridge with on-offramp split between two sides of the river')

kbieniu7

Exams... Where I know it from? :D Hope you will do well on them, fingers crossed! By the way, I have a similiar thing, when looking on some older towns, that noow seem to be ugly...
Thank you for visiting Kolbrów, and for being for last ten years!

CasperVg

InvisiChem

Beautiful work. Truly. I will one day build some beautiful cities like that. For now, I build more grid style.  ::)

Take a look at the right side of the basic diamond interchange in this photo. If you were using puzzle pieces, it looks like you used a T intersection piece. If not, the pathing or a visual glitch happened . The bottom piece has the concrete barrier instead of the dark black pathing leading from the MIS to the Road.

Cheers and keep up the very good work
Everyone has something to offer, most do not possess the courage to offer it.

compdude787

That's a nice new stretch of RHW. How many teasers will there be prior to the actual update? :P

My YouTube Channel