• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Casper's Portfolio - Reading - 2016 Update 1 - Hornet (Regional Airport)

Started by CasperVg, May 31, 2008, 10:36:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CasperVg

Replies:
threestooges: Lol yeah, I should've know you're profession is all about being wordy! I hope you'll like the changes I made to the markings and lines then ;)
vortext: Yeah they're something completely different from what I usually do in SC4, which is also why I like building them. Getting all the required lots alone is a very time consuming process, let alone gathering the dependencies and actually building a decent airport in-game.
sunv123: Yeah SC2013 does seem to have a few flaws to it, but I think overall it will be a pretty cool game, as long as you don't try to compare to SC4 too much :)

Episode 27T: Progress Report

I've made a lot of progress on the airport since the update on thursday; most notably I found out that I had pretty much no airport plugins released after 2010... so I went on a downloading spree and got a lot of new planes and lots to play with, notably some 'smaller' airplanes made by various people from the SCAG team, and also fafalone's amazing markings improvement mod, that adds all sorts of great new curves and intersections in the markings and lines. I also got rid of the second pier, because they were too close together and not long enough to make them really worth the effort. Hopefully all this makes for a more realistic airport. I choose to use mainly US liveries (American Airlines, Delta Express) because the MD is fairly US-centered and also added two turboprops from New Zealand Airways, because I wanted to use the amazing hangar that joelyboy made further down the road (afaik it's the only fullsize hangar BAT around)

Hope you enjoyed!
Follow my SimCity 4 Let's play on YouTube

Swordmaster

Pretty good airport, Casper! Good to see a picture here :)

Cheers
Willy

art128

Lovely work on the airport Casper! I always preferred these terminals than the most recent one. ( though I mainly use the Japanese one).. Nice work. :)
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

MTT9

It really looks much better. Hope to see an overview of the whole airport soon :)
You can call me Matt

sunv123

It looks really nice! I'm glad you found those airplanes, they match perfectly with the airport. :thumbsup:

I thought that you would have more than the Maxis planes, it seemed like you had every single mod installed. :P
Provo, a city apart Updated July 4.

krbe

Looking a lot better that! And yes, a lot of nice stuff since 2010, indeed. Only complaint is that your leftmost propeller gate is useless (planes would be scraping their wings into the concourse if they attempt to park there...). About hangars, tabi made some props that could be used, but his site seems to be gone and I have no idea if the props survived.

bat

kj3400

It's a nice small airport you have there. I have yet to build a small airport myself.
I think I've been here long enough, call me Kenneth/Kenny.
Visit

The Commonwealth of Paradise at ST

The Commonwealth of Paradise at SC4 Wiki

CasperVg

Replies:
Swordmaster: Thanks, I know you like pictures better  :D
art128: Yeah, I agree. These look so genuine, kinda 70s-80s prefab design :P
MTT9: Thanks! Took awhile, but here it finally is.
sunv123: Lol, not quite every mod. But a fair share. I still stumble upon lots of great content every day.
krbe: Thanks! I removed those two piers because they were very close together indeed. I think most of tabi's props are on the LEX, but haven't been lotted yet.
bat: Thank you!
kj3400: Thanks. Please do, they're fun.

Episode 28: Tunnel Trouble..

http://www.youtube.com/v/4-3e6Qh9n8Y
After a bit of a hiatus we get back to the Reading region, take a look at the changes at the airport and then fix a lot of gridlock in Reading City.

Enjoy!

RickD

Finally a new episode. Looking forward to watching it.  :thumbsup:
My name is Raphael.
Visit my MD: Empire Bay (My old MD: Santa Barbara County)

fluffybunny

Casper I have been playing sim city on and off since sim city 2000, and read many mayor diaries when I wasn't playing also on and off but yours is the first one I have felt the want to comment on, I love your style of mayor diary with the video and it is just a lot of fun to see how you do what you do.  I am also starting to play with custom content more than the NAM which is a bit daunting to get started in.

I came across your lets play just searching on youtube and was very glad that I found it, looking forward to see where you go with the region, keep up the great work I know it can't be easy and I'm sure very time consuming but I for one really enjoy it and appreciate it.

CasperVg

Replies:
RickD: Thanks, took me awhile to get a new one out ::)
fluffybunny: Hey, that's great to hear. Hope you enjoying the custom content and the NAM

Episode 29: It's.. back?

http://www.youtube.com/v/HdnZtaUpxk4
After a (very) long hiatus we return to the Reading region..

Enjoy!

vortext

Good to see you're back. Too bad the new pc didn't fix the ctds.  ;)

Looking forward to new developments!  :thumbsup:
time flies like a bird
fruit flies like a banana

cmdp123789

I just love it...  &apls Im so entertained by this... I mean... its not the way you play or how you play... its because of the general look!! you are always so calmed... enjoying the game... everytime I end viewing one of your videos IM FORCED TO OPEN SIMCITY and play lol... anyways... I was so worried about your videos... I watched them all... and then one day.. BAM no more videos... Im really glad with this update  :-[

sunv123

Glad to see you back Casper! :)

Always makes my day when I see an update from here. :thumbsup:
Provo, a city apart Updated July 4.

Varnado

Check out my YouTube channel for dozens of hours of high quality SimCity 4 content and new videos uploaded regularly.

CasperVg

Ouch, has it really been a year? Finally decided to give SC4 and recording another go - starting fresh.

c.p.

Awesome :thumbsup:  Your videos are the most fun to watch of all the SC4 video series I've seen.

Schulmanator

See the all-new National Capital Region!:http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=15118.0

vortext

Yes it's nice to see you back at it again!  :thumbsup:

Some remarks:

- Blunder also made two seasonal tree mods: Cascadia and Pacific Northwest.
- the Rural Road plugin contains ploppable wide curves for SAM 2/3/4
- to make the no roads zot on farm fields go away, plop some road tiles along the field and wait a while. When the zots have disappeared you can remove the tiles. 

Looking forward to the next installment!
time flies like a bird
fruit flies like a banana