• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Sheep49 attempts at BATting

Started by Sheep49, October 19, 2008, 03:25:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sheep49

Fast update: texturing is almost finished, the only things to do are:
- decorations
- roof junk
- fix/make the windows
- texturing the door

BTW, it's w2w, you know :P

See you later!
Piotr
Polish support forum - Cafe Poland * SC4Wiki! * My BATting thread

I am he, as you are he, as you are me and we are all together... - I Am The Walrus, The Beatles

art128

It's great my friend  :thumbsup:
As always, good work !
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

sim-al2

Hmmm...  looks a tad bright. Maybe it should be weathered a bit more. For roof junk, a couple air conditioners, a roof access, and some piping should do well.
(\_/)
(o.O)
(")_(")

Pat

Hey Piotr I do agree with sim-al there that maybe a wee bit darker weather look wouldnt be to bad for the building... other then that  :thumbsup:

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

Feroxx

I think textures should be darker a little bit, but it's real great for a firts, second ;)  BAT.

Fatsuhono

Beautiful. :thumbsup: May I give a suggestion? For the back wall, select it and hit Modifiers > UV Coordinates > UVW Map, and change length and height to make smaller. Right now, I think it looks too big... Like a scaled-up texture on a small wall. :)

threestooges

Good work so far Piotr. After you add the details, this building should look pretty good. I would suggest darkening your textures by a couple of shades. The BAT will lighten them up quite a bit when you export. I know this is planned to be a W2W, but I would suggest adding some stuff to the back. Inevitably, it will end up in an area where W2W will not occur or is not practical. It would be good to give at least a little something to look at (power meters or something). Very nice work so far.

Sheep49

Thanks everyone for your kind commens and tips! Definitely useful.

Now here's something new: It's the custom lot! actually made by caspervg, but shhhh He let me to call it my own

Hope you liked it!
Piotr

I am he, as you are he, as you are me and we are all together... - I Am The Walrus, The Beatles

art128

that lot is really great my friend , good work on it Piotr  :thumbsup:

Props & Texture Catalog

Fatsuhono

Simpson

This is really good my friend, I love this bat  &apls
My new city is now here
The région of Kaikoura

Teaser of Lopsas[+ How did I do it?]:Lopsas

Sheep49

After a short break, I'm back with... ELECTRICITY PYLONS?!

Fig 1 Also starring my beautiful Paint-writing :D

What do you think about them? I'm thinking of realising 2 sets of orthagonal, diagonal and FA pylons for:
1. Lot Editor (Props)
2. Direct-to-SC4 (In flora menu)

But first, I need to make some more BATs :D

See you later :thumbsup:
Piotr

art128

these pylons look great my friend  :thumbsup: excellent idea to make props and flora Piotr  :thumbsup:

Props & Texture Catalog

bat

Nice work there on your BATs and LOTs there, Sheep49!

metarvo

The City Hall BAT looks good, Piotr.  I hope you haven't abandoned it.  Of course, I've never been much of a W2W city builder, but I haven't ruled out building some W2W districts.  You have also done a fine job on the custom LOT. :thumbsup:

The pylons seem a bit short, but I assume they are subtransmission or distribution pylons, right?  I do think that the creation of ploppable (Mayor mode flora) pylons is a great idea.  The inclusion of orthogonal, diagonal, and FA pylons is also a splendid idea, since it allows more flexibility and realism. :thumbsup:
Find my power line BAT thread here.
Check out the Noro Cooperative.  What are you waiting for?  It even has electricity.
Want more? Try here.  For even more electrical goodies, look here.
Here are some rural power lines.

Simpson

This is looking really good my friend  &apls
My new city is now here
The région of Kaikoura

Teaser of Lopsas[+ How did I do it?]:Lopsas

Earth quake

Nice bat piotr.  &apls
Go on your excellent work. :thumbsup:

threestooges

Nice start on those Piotr. I like the basic design, but I aslo think the pieces of the pole are a bit thick. This may be a result of the pieces, or perhaps the model just looks a bit short for the design, but I like where you're going with these so far.

Sheep49

metarvo: unfortunately, I abandoned it, along with my poles. ()sad()

But don't worry! I'm not done with BATting yet! And just to prove it for you...

Presenting SC4D Cafe ($%Grinno$%)

A nice, 22m high w2w filler. Front wall is almost done (Who wants to hepl me with some flora?), still working on textures and roof junk.
Have I improved my BATting skills in any way? (Judging from this shot, of course) ;D

Hope you like it,
Piotr

EDIT: BTW, If anyone is inerested, here's a building I was inspired by...

art128

Piotr, it's great to see you back at BATing.  :thumbsup:
And what an excellent start with this Cafe my friend, it looks awesome.  &apls

Props & Texture Catalog