• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

NAM: Development

Started by memo, April 29, 2007, 06:33:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ryan B.

Quote from: ebina on January 25, 2010, 02:32:36 AM
Thank you for your offer. Since stoplights won't be animated on railway based networks I was going to remove them. Your sign will be very nice replacement.

May I request some additional models?
- LHD version. Not every LHD user likes to install pillars onto medians (using rotated RHD prop), I guess.
- Signs without pillar that can be attached to bottom of el-rail floor.
If you need to see the height of el-rail floor please take a look at S3D of IID 0x5326380x or 0x532CF70x in the NetworkAddonMod_Light_URail_Puzzle_Plugin.dat. ElRailxAvenue piece uses the same model but different roadway texture.

By the way, when I'll edit T21 where should I install the signs? Right above the pedestrian crossing, or a few meters before?

In the picture I showed, I have the assemblies mounted a few meters on the "far" side of the crosswalk.

Mysteryous

I am curious though... It has been such a long time since I have heard of any updates (messages, uploads, or otherwise) about the NAM.  I know that the NAM has no release schedule, but it seems that development is becoming sort of... stale as of late.  I mean it's been almost a year since the last release.  Perhaps I'm coming off as impatient, but having to wait this long is starting to get to me in a bad way.

Andreas

Don't worry, a new version is definitely in the works. Please keep in mind that we're all doing this in our free time, and transit modding definitely is one of the more advanced modding types, so some things might take quite a bit of time until they are ready.
Andreas

crocodileguy

I hope this is the right thread, but I was wondering if it wouldn't be too much trouble to include a one-way version of the Euro-style RIRO freeway ramps in a future NAM update, similar to the image below:

This design is really space efficient, and I like to make my freeways as compact as possible.  This would really help for quick 90-degree freeway access, and is a design frequently found in California.

ETA: I just screencapped the standard 2-way ramp and edited it quickly in MS Paint.

Haljackey

Interesting crocodileguy... could be a very useful addition.

Welcome to SC4D by the way!

crocodileguy

Thanks, I've been a registered member on here for forever, just never posted anything.  Love the NAM, and the great work everyone has done here...really amped up the quality of my cities.

Opkl

I don't know if this has been asked yet, but how about a cloverleaf interchange for Ground/Elevated Highway and Avenue?

ShultzCity

I'm not sure if this is in the works for V4.0, but I would personally love to see RHW FAR (maybe FARHW?) - using FAR in suburban areas usually hampers the ability to create tightly packed houses and businesses, but RHW doesn't have these restrictions.... What do you think?
I'd love it if you could check out my photography! Click on of the links below:
http://www.jacobshultz.com.au
http://www.flickr.com/photos/jshultzphotography/

Tarkus

Quote from: ShultzCity on April 28, 2010, 03:18:01 PM
I'm not sure if this is in the works for V4.0, but I would personally love to see RHW FAR (maybe FARHW?) - using FAR in suburban areas usually hampers the ability to create tightly packed houses and businesses, but RHW doesn't have these restrictions.... What do you think?

It is indeed in the works for Version 4.0 . . . the RHW-2, RHW-4, RHW-6S and MIS Ramps will all have some form of Fractional Angle pieces.

-Alex

Glazert

Quote from: Tarkus on April 28, 2010, 03:54:04 PM
It is indeed in the works for Version 4.0 . . . the RHW-2, RHW-4, RHW-6S and MIS Ramps will all have some form of Fractional Angle pieces.

That really is good news. It will make it possible to create highways which conform to the landscape and where the road system at highway intersections doesn't have to be contorted to fit it with orthogonal or diagonal limitations.

figui

Quote from: Tarkus on April 28, 2010, 03:54:04 PM

-Alex

excellent news!!

mauricio.
first forums inhabitant from Uruguay..   first forums citizen from Uruguay..  first forums councilman from Uruguay..   first forums mayor from Uruguay..  first forums governor from Uruguay..
...i'm still the only one from Uruguay!

________

komekazee

Why can i not download the file?  There is no link for download

http://sc4devotion.com/csxlex/lex_filedesc.php?lotGET=853

http://sc4devotion.com/csxlex/lex_filedesc.php?lotGET=851

Neither of those pages have a link for a download..  I really want this.. can anyone  please help me?????

deathtopumpkins

You have to register on the LEX to download.
NAM Team Member | 3RR Collaborater | Virgin Shores

jpj_starfleet

I was wondering if there will ever be any wide radius curves for the one-way roads? I have a situation were I want them for my harbor tunnel exit/entrance, simple left or right curves on the one ways just don't look good especially for real life traffic situations, this is a test area with the wide radius road curves and FLUP's that I created to show you what why I think there would be good for the game...

Thank You   ;D

Tarkus

Quote from: jpj_starfleet on May 22, 2010, 10:25:39 PM
I was wondering if there will ever be any wide radius curves for the one-way roads?

Yes, eventually.  I had been working on some awhile ago but ran into some issues with the OneWayDir commands in the RUL and had a bunch of other stuff going on, so I shelved them for awhile (and similarly shelved the OWR-1 and OWR-3 Wide-Radius Curves for the NWM).  I plan on getting back to them relatively soon, however.

-Alex

RogerRon91

Quote from: SC4BOY on August 17, 2009, 10:04:23 PM
Hmm.. well it was a bit of a pain to get it to work.. I assume you mean the one labeled "GLR under VIADUCT"? I did make the underpass and it worked ok.. thanks.. :)

I've moved a message to here.. I think I put it on the wrong forum.. sorry.. anyway here it is:

I would like to request one added puzzle piece for tram-in-avenue. This piece is rather awkward to program around without it. That is the simple case of the AVENUE taking a turn (right or left, right angled) while the GLR continues straight. I realize that it CAN be done by using a "crossing" piece T or X intersection, then going from that, but it looks pretty bad that way and introduces an intersection where one should not be needed... I know this is a rather minor detail, but I thought I'd bring it up.. I hope this is an ok place to post this.. if not feel free to move it.. Thanks. The "GLR on ROAD" has these pieces, but not the Avenue (unless I've missed it again )

Here's the idea:
...example...

On the whole, this is a great idea! :thumbsup: Once, I create such a puzzle piece.
How do you like that? :)

It is an example.... ;)

Um well .... I know my English is enhanceable. =)

SC4BOY

Quote from: RogerRon91 on May 24, 2010, 09:01:15 AM
On the whole, this is a great idea! :thumbsup: Once, I create such a puzzle piece.
How do you like that? :)

Looks fine to me. I'm not very hard to please. :)

Kitsune

Any chance of a 30m El Rail to Subway conversion in a future version?
~ NAM Team Member

Fluggi

Hello guys, I just have a short question.

In case of the pedmall pieces, all the different pedmall puzzle pieces use just one path file.
I looked for the piece's ID in the puzzle piece Exemplar files, but i couldn't find it.
How does a puzzle piece know which path file it has to use?

Chrisim

The Path ID is defined in the controller. The ID of the pedmall pieces is 0x55267100