• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

What kind of plane would you like to see in SimCity?

Started by RustyXL, February 17, 2009, 05:48:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

What type of plane would you like to see in SC4?

Embraer E-Jets
37 (26.1%)
Airbus A350
43 (30.3%)
Airbus A380
51 (35.9%)
DC-10/MD-11
38 (26.8%)
DC-9/MD-80/MD-95/717
32 (22.5%)
Concorde
44 (31%)
Military, Heavy (specify; eg. Airbus A400M, C-17 Globemaster)
41 (28.9%)
Military, Fighter (specify; eg. MiG-35, F-22)
33 (23.2%)
Special Jets (specify; eg. Airbus Beluga, Dreamlifter)
34 (23.9%)
Retro Jets (specify; eg. 707, Convair)
24 (16.9%)
Other (specify; eg. anything not mentioned above)
29 (20.4%)

Total Members Voted: 142

RustyXL

Before I start BATing another plane, I want to know what kind of plane the community would like the most.

Do you guys want me to make a turboprop, a regional jet, a general aviation plane, or something else? (note that these are just examples, not necessarily the plane I'm going to make)

scottott999

My snobbish SIM CEOs are tired of flying commercial.   How about some private executive class Embraer jets

pilotdaryl

There aren't very many business jets out there... the only ones I've seen so far are the included in-game bizjets and the Challenger 600 from AC team.  I think you should give it a go. ;)  Maybe start work on the Dassault Falcon (a personal favourite) or the common Learjet.  Since I don't exactly know how to classify that, I've included it as an option.

ShadeSlayer

A couple ideas here:

Bombardier Dash-8
Airbus A320
Boeing 787
Airbus A350 (even though it's not out yet)

or some military planes would be cool (CF-18 Hornet, CC-130 Hercules, F-22 Raptor, F-15 Eagle, etc)

PLT

I don't really care which type of airplane you are going to BAT, they all look nice  ;)
However, jsut like pilotdaryl said, a business jet would be nice!

Best of luck in making a new aiplane,
Pat

feliwi

This is a nice idea of you to ask us for new planes. I would suggest the following:

• More 737s with different liveries
  • More A320s with different liveries
  • Raytheon Hawker 850XP
  • Cargo planes such as McDonnell Douglas MD-11(F) (more cargo liveries, such as martinair, LH cargo, Shanghai Airlines, . . .), B747F, B777F

As well it would be great to have some terminal extensions like walking bridges over streets, or some tansport systems for airport (I mean these small elevated train on the roofs of terminals (just eye-candy, don't have to move around and so on)

Hope I could give you some ideas!

RustyXL

Thanks for the input everyone, looks like I'll be making a business jet. I'll keep the poll open for about a week and I'll also make something from the next most popular category after business jets. Now I'd like to know what business jet you guys would like to see the most.

ShadeSlayer

A Gulfstream would be pretty cool, or a Bombardier Challenger. Those business jets are nice.

PLT

I think the Bombardier Learjet 45 would be a nice one to BAT.
On the other hand, the Dassault tri-jets also look nice.

pilotdaryl

The Learjet and the Falcon are both very popular, and both have long histories, but the Falcon series does have a better variety of jets, big and small, unlike the Learjet in which most newer versions are just upgrades of older ones.

portlandexpos04

Une_ame

How about an alternative to the -8 ? The ATR ?

or, like the guys say above, Falcon 900 ?

babuloziwad / adj Above perfection in SC4; Dude, this MOD is ~ !

[Delta ²k5]

I would like to see a Dash 8 on one side, but on the other side also a Learjet (31.... 35 or 60) or a Cessna Citation X :)

joelyboy911

I myself am planning an ATR project, so I would kind of prefer to not be in competition with you, (my first aircraft BAT), what I really would like to see is some of the older generation 737s, you know, back in the old, fuel inefficient way, no winglets. Also, that ugly old soviet thing with the glass dome-looking bit at the front, I think its called an Iylushin 76 or something like that. It has a sort of gimmick-y coolness to it.
SimCity Aviation Group
I miss you, Adrian

Une_ame

The Il-76 isn't actually a liner, it's a very efficient military cargo aircraft (and a tanker and an Awacs, etc....).

under, the Il-78 variant fuelling Delta2000 fighters

Maybe, were you thinking about the Tu-104 ?

Or the Tu-114 which was the heavier and bigger liner in the sky before the 747 Jumbo....

You say that you're working on an ATR project, which variant have you choose ??

How about Caravelle ??

The very rare and expensive Dassault Mercure (first liner to operate with an all female crew in the world)...

joelyboy911

No, it was the Il 76, I think there have been passenger conversions, I saw it on Air Crash Investigation. Maybe I'm wrong. At any rate it wouldn't have a very wide appeal.

I'm planning to do the ATR 72 and 42. But I wouldn't recommend anyone getting their hopes up just yet, once it gets going a bit more advanced I'll start a thread. If it goes well i'll take livery requests, but I already have Air New Zealand, American Eagle, Lufthansa Regional and Air France in mind.
SimCity Aviation Group
I miss you, Adrian

Une_ame

knowing the number of variants produced, I assume a liner variant must have been done. :thumbsup:

joelyboy911

SimCity Aviation Group
I miss you, Adrian

feliwi

Maybe I can suggest to BAT an A300 or A310. On the one hand a lot of cargo airlines use the A300 (maybe some additional liveries to tabi's) and on the other hand some airlines still operate A300 and A310, such as Lufthansa or Thai Airways!

But this is just a suggestion, create wahtever plane you like I'd definitely will like it!

thorntot

I would like to see a Lockheed L1011 Tri-star.  Potential for skins covers a full range of time (I'm partial to retro) including military (fuel tanker for British). 
The retro TWA 747 with double-globe on the tail and the British Airways 747 in grey currently parked on my airfield beg for company from the same era.  As for more recent days, perhaps an ANA L1011? Saudia? Royal Jordanian? LTU?