• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Identifying missing dependencies

Started by Sorengaard, May 09, 2010, 10:00:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sorengaard

In using the Lot Editor Element of the SC4PIM I wanted to edit a lot that I didn't know what Dependencies the lot used. So I didn't know what Prop Files to put in the Plugin file. When I open the Dependencies Listing in the exemplar section it identifies those props that are in the plugin file. But those that aren't in the plugin file show a number (TGI? I don't know what kind of number it is) and then says "not found".  Is there any way to determine what these missing Dependencies for a particular Lot are without loading every prop file individually.  Thanks for any help.  Steve

tag_one

Have you checked the Readme that came with the lot? 

thingfishs

I think you can use SC4Tool for that.

Sorengaard

The SC4Tool worked fine for the Dependencies (Props).  So I can strike that off my list.  But I still cannot get the building to show up.  If I can find that in SC4Tool I couldn't figure out how.  Nor could I figure it out in iLive Reader (not the newest version, I am having problems downloading it).  So off to the Read Me file.

It happens to be CO$$8_2x3_Colbalt_Square_Birmingham_RC_35d47f36 but it could be any of the other offices.  I got it from the LEX DVD from the CAM Commercial Offices (CAM CO) listed under Commercials.  The Read Me says "A set of 53 lots that have all been updated using the X_Tool using BATs by ks_jon, frogface, ill_tonkso and jestarr. "  And "All the needed models are in the Dependencies folder."  A chore if I have to do each file individually.

Since four names are listed I suppose that should give me a more manageable beginning.  Now I guess I have to figure out what Props are made by each of these four names.  Since they don't appear to match the names listed in the DVD Dependencies file I will try and do some detective work. When I load my own Dependencies File into LotEditor the building shows up (0x35d47f36--CO$$82x3ColbaltSquare) I just had hoped there would be a way to find it without going through each file.

If anyone has any other suggestions as to how I would find where the building for a lot is located it would greatly be appreciated.  Maybe I am just not seeing the forest for the trees so to speak and making something much more difficult than it should be but I don't know how else to find them.  Thanks again,  Steve

BarbyW

The answer to your problem is in the CAMelots - Linking all available lots and BATs

The model file you need for the building is NDEX ITS MEGA Props Vol09 which is on the DVD in Dependencies\Model and Texture Packs non BSC\NDEX ITS.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering what happened. TP

Barbypedia: More alive than the original

Sorengaard

Thanks so much for all the help. I take it then that there is no way to get this information except by a list or a Read Me of some kind. My interest wasn't so much for this particular lot but how the tools work, in particular SC4PIM. It appears that the need to be attentive to the documentation that comes with downloads is most important. Something I probably haven't been to the degree I should. Once again thanks for all the help.  Steve

BarbyW

Regarding the tools available, neither iLive's Reader nor Sc4Tool will identify the model required for a lot. SC4PIM will identify the building model but as you found out without the model file in plugins, whether in a pack or individually, it cannot help either. The problem is that running SC4PIM with too many plugins will cause it to slow down or freeze even on a high end machine.

The Readme - not the ones on the DVD - for a download is the vital piece of information normally. For the DVD the Readmes were shortened as all the Dependencies were either included or referenced on the External Dependencies page.
Inside every old person is a young person wondering what happened. TP

Barbypedia: More alive than the original