• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Gimp Fsh Filetype plugin

Started by null45, August 01, 2009, 12:09:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

null45

This is a Filetype plug-in I wrote to allow The Gimp to load and save Fsh Files.

It will load all the images in the fsh file as layers.
The files will be alpha blended unless the file name contains "noblend" then it will disable alpha blending on that file.

When saving a file an options dialog will allow you to set the type of Fsh and if Mipmaps are to be generated for the zoom levels.

To install place all of the files in the folder into the Gimp's plug-ins directory (typically lib\gimp\2.0\plug-ins), they all must be in the main plug-ins folder not a subfolder. 

The "Generate Mipmaps" function requires Gimp 2.6.0 or later.

Download: GimpsharpFsh

File version should be 1.2.2.6

I hope it is useful.  ;)

sithlrd98

Do I need this one or is version I got the other day OK? Works great BTW!

Jayson

Tarkus

null45, thank you so much for this!  It'll be an absolute lifesaver for me, and I'm sure many others. 

-Alex

null45

A bug in the save dialog fixed, File version updated to 1.2.1.0.

Quote from: sithlrd98 on August 01, 2009, 12:18:40 PM
Do I need this one or is version I got the other day OK? Works great BTW!

This version allows you to select the type of fsh to save in a dialog rather than a command prompt console.
It also allows you to automatically generate the Mipmaps during saving.  :thumbsup:

sithlrd98

:thumbsup: Thanks...I'll check it out. As I have said before , thank you for these awesome tools...they make modding so much faster!

Jayson

dragonshardz

Quick question: Where would the plugins directory we need to place it in be located? I've found 3, one in my Program Files folder and two in my Documents folder

sithlrd98

This is the one I added it to :C:\Program Files (x86)\GIMP-2.0\lib\gimp\2.0\plug-ins . Keep in mind I am using a x64 OS , so it may just be Program Files\Gimp\*

Jayson

dragonshardz

Jayson, my OS is x64 as well, so thank you for clearing that up.

null45

Yes the correct path is lib\gimp\2.0\plug-ins Although the Gimp has another plug-ins directory the main one is the easiest to use.  ;)

vil

Doesnt work for me (Win XP)  %confuso any ideas? Its there it just wont load or save.

null45

Did it ever display the dialog to select the type of fsh when saving?

A bug in the error catching system and a bug in the Mipmap saving fixed, file version updated to 1.2.2.0. 

It now should display the errors during loading and saving and the Mipmaps should be saved correctly.

choco

will give it a try....thanks null45!  :thumbsup:

vil

Ah, now it tells me whats wrong, the notorious "non-english character in pathname" problem, I will need to re-install gimp.

cogeo

Great work here!  &apls

I have an idea: something that could be very useful to texture makers (I'm sure the NAM Team members will appreciate it A LOT) would be a FSH thumbnail extractor. Ie not an application, but instead a plugin that's installed under Windows and allows previewing certain file types (in our case .FSH files) in thumbnail view in the Windows Explorer.

I have to clarify though, that this isn't a "request", neither a "wish" from me, just an idea. You will have to ask more members (esp from NAM) to verify if there's really a need for this.

null45

Updated to use the higher quality Fshwrite compression when writing DXT1 or DXT3 fsh files, a few bugs fixed.
File version updated to 1.2.2.3   ;)

null45

A bug in the fsh type selection and a few other bugs fixed, Fshwrite compression is now a selectable option.

File version updated to 1.2.2.4

null45

Updated to use The Gimp's image resize function when resizing the mipmaps, File version updated to 1.2.2.5.  :thumbsup:

null45

DXT1 images will now load the alpha channel correctly, File version updated to 1.2.2.6.

Nijomi

Quote from: CogeoI have an idea: something that could be very useful to texture makers (I'm sure the NAM Team members will appreciate it A LOT) would be a FSH thumbnail extractor. Ie not an application, but instead a plugin that's installed under Windows and allows previewing certain file types (in our case .FSH files) in thumbnail view in the Windows Explorer.
Is this what you had in mind Fsh file Thumbnails for Windows. I have used this but removed it as it does not seem to be compatable with FSH2PNG MkII it seems to make FSH2PNG MkII crash when converting fsh to png in some cases.

null45

What OS are you using?

Under Windows 7 there is a bug that causes the files to be locked by Windows. :thumbsdown:

Could you upload a sample file that makes FSH2PNG MkII crash?