• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

PLEX files from SimPeg

Started by catty, January 07, 2016, 11:56:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Golhbul

Forgive to return to this post but I found 2 LOT .

Thank you

catty

Quote from: Golhbul on March 11, 2016, 11:42:16 PM
Forgive to return to this post but I found 2 LOT .
Thank you

:thumbsup:

Thanks RL is my priority at the moment, but when I get back to internet life I'll update the simpeg index and upload these two files to the CBEX.

:)
I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?" DEATH thought about it. "CATS," he said eventually, "CATS ARE NICE.

FrankU

Hi Catty,

I do have a serious amount of the files you were looking for.
I don't have them zipped in their original form, so I send you the directories I have. Also several sets like MTP and Pier Set are such a mess that I decided to send you the whole directory including subdirectories. Hopefully you can find what you need.

Here they are: http://www94.zippyshare.com/v/N0kBZJx6/file.html

Happy hunting!
Frank

catty

Quote from: FrankU on March 14, 2016, 05:46:36 AM
...Happy hunting!

()stsfd()

Will try and sort out where we are with these missing files in the weekend   :)
I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?" DEATH thought about it. "CATS," he said eventually, "CATS ARE NICE.

catty

Well I'm still feeling a bit stunned when I tracked down Paeng on one of the Banished sites to ask him about his missing files I was hoping to get them uploaded on Simtropolis or failing that the same place I uploaded the other missing PLEX files I wasn't expecting this

QuoteFortunately most of my mods can still be found on ST (though their system shows holes too, due to numerous software updates, so some stuff is a bit hard to locate). Other than that, I have salvaged one set of files - mostly my tutorials, simposium stuff, some documentations and, yes - an assortment of scrabble box items (all these little forum attachments)... though understanding those and their mostly undocumented dependencies is probably rather... hardcore :thinking:

If you have the energy to go through this, you are most welcome... you can download the whole bundle (~100Mb) here:

Feel free to re-package, bundle or re-distribute any of those things any way you may find useful... This permission is valid for ALL content I ever created and/or published anywhere - whatever you find, you can use any way you deem fit, no strings attached except for a small notice as to the origins.

If that helps anyone to fill in small gaps in their collections - wonderful! :big-grin:

* By the way - I also have a 60-item backup of Buildings by Krio - not sure if he is still active, let me know if you have use for this...

+++

Well, so much for wrapping up the past...

I'm going to see if I can track down Krio regarding his files   :thumbsup:

()stsfd()

-catty

InvisiChem

I'll admit, contacting him myself not too long ago probably helped with the "...so much for wrapping up the past" comment.

This does open up a lot of possibilities concerning his content though. :)
Everyone has something to offer, most do not possess the courage to offer it.

epicblunder

Quote from: catty on March 18, 2016, 02:48:25 PM
I'm going to see if I can track down Krio regarding his files   :thumbsup:

To the best of my knowledge Krio still uses his simtrop account and should get your PM there.

Quote from: InvisiChem on March 18, 2016, 04:22:38 PM
the "...so much for wrapping up the past" comment.

Well.... it kinda goes back to his closure statement:

QuoteDear (Simpeg) Friends,

quite some time has passed, and I feel you should have a small update on my situation...

As some of you know, I developed some heart problems about 2 years ago, and have been in and out of hospitals since... to make things short - during one of my operations I had a stroke, nothing really cruel, alas - it left some "bad sectors" behind. So during the last year or so I learned again to write (type) and tried to pick up some of the "missing links". Seems though that some of my logical sectors suffered - of all things, logic never being one of my strong suits... :roll-laugh:

So anyway - I just want to make it kind of "official"... I really doubt that I will return to modding, too large are some of the gaps, specially of things that are older than a year or two... And I doubt that I try and learn again all I used to know about SC and its assorted tools... I'm grateful I'm still alive, and that my sense for forms and colors has not suffered much, so I can still enjoy "juicy" images, even create them - a bit slower now, and on a somewhat smaller scale... but that's okay... :big-grin:

Right now I'm at a point where I do need some closure, some let-it-go... at the same time I start missing many of the good folks and the fantastic conversations we used to have. With some luck, and maybe a little help from our friends, some will find the way here... so at least we can reminisce a little... :winking:

When you talk to him it's not difficult to see that the poor guy really isn't the same since then.  :crytissue: He's not kidding about having holes where his sc4 knowledge used to be.  But he trusts Catty and knows the files are in good hands.  This is actually really unexpected and good news; I asked him for his documentation stack about 6 months ago but he couldn't find it due to a hard drive crash that he hadn't picked up the pieces from yet.

catty

Quote from: epicblunder on March 18, 2016, 08:54:22 PM
...I asked him for his documentation stack about 6 months ago but he couldn't find it due to a hard drive crash that he hadn't picked up the pieces from yet.

That was one of the things he mentioned in the rest of the PM, that and his health and the loss of SimPeg and he's very much into the Banished community these days, as for the files he's given me it looks like its a snapshot of what was on SimPeg so not all of the files are his, for instance in the Tutorials folder there is one tutorial ... I won't quote the whole thing but I think you will recognize it   ;)

QuoteKnow Your Terrain:  A simple guide to making the most of your terrain mod[/b]
~by Blunder

"If you know Heaven and know Earth, you may make your victory complete."
~Sun Tzu.  Art of War X:31

So why would you want to go messing around with your terrain mod? 

To be honest this is a bit like going to your local store to buy a carton of milk and when you get there the shopkeeper gives you the keys to the shop, so I'm still a bit   :-\

As Krio is a member of my site and in fact has his own group on it, I've started off by sending him a PM at CB if I don't get a response then I'll try Simtropolis.

-catty

FrankU

Hi Catty,

When you have time and have sorted out the PLEX files that were sent to you, will you then please put an update list of the files you still missing? I still have a lot of SimPeg stuff on my HD. I always tried to keep them sorted out and installed everything in the directories Pegasus released the files, but because of all the CDK, CSK, PPonds, edits, addons, retextures, re-released and overwrite files I guess it is kind of a mess these days.
Each time I start a new Pluingsfolder I have to fight this incredible mess in order to get the PLEX stuff the way I want it....
But I can probably provide some more for you.

Frank

InvisiChem

QuoteWell.... it kinda goes back to his closure statement:

Still feel kind of bad about contacting him though. I hadn't read his closing statement. My message from him was quite pleasant and I do wish he had it in him to continue in this community. He seemed very pleasant to work with.

Anyways, on we keep as much content alive as we can and continue on.
Everyone has something to offer, most do not possess the courage to offer it.

epicblunder

Quote from: catty on March 19, 2016, 02:36:55 AM
I think you will recognize it   ;)

Fortunately i dual posted that over to the Omnibus.  Unfortunately it didn't play nice with the then-current version of the site's software and didn't show up until the next site upgrade.   :D

Quote from: InvisiChem on March 19, 2016, 07:12:27 AM
Still feel kind of bad about contacting him though. I hadn't read his closing statement. My message from him was quite pleasant and I do wish he had it in him to continue in this community. He seemed very pleasant to work with.

Yeah personality-wise he's still the nice old guy we know and love, there's just this giant hole in his memory.  Don't feel bad about pestering him; he likes the personal interaction (please, no one take that as a green light to ask him for files. Everything he has is in the bundle that was given to Catty).  You can understand how it must be frustrating though to try and field questions that he knows he used to have all the answers to but now there's very little.  Here's another snipet from his banished site:

QuoteSorry to say, but my windows decided on a big meltdown not too long ago...

So between that and the small but pretty effective meltdown in my brain my SC4 slate has been thoroughly wiped...

:pullhair:
QuoteYeah, I miss them, too...

Then again, I'm glad that enough is left to keep going... :big-grin:
After my second stroke, I couldn't even write or type anymore, but after about half a year I had re-learned enough to continue... The third (and hopefully last) stroke took out all I knew about programming, scripting, gaming, some mobility, and maybe some I have not even missed yet... :worms:

Along came Banished, all new and fresh - it kinda picked me up at the right time, filling a void. So I'm really happy to have this little gem, along with some old friends... just right for my present energy levels. :winking:

catty

Hi Guys

FrankU thanks for the offer ... Not sure what's still missing but will sort it in the next few days and then issue another missing list, now for the good news epicblunder now has a copy of all the files and documents that Paeng gave me and is going to start adding them to the most appropriate places at Simtropolis, in the meantime purely as a backup I have uploaded all the SC4 Plugin files to here

https://city-builders.info/cbex?folder=Paengs%2BScrabble%2BBox

Because I've no idea what some of them are or what dependencies they need I have made it registered user downloads ... for the time being anyway, if you download any of them don't be surprised if they have brown boxes.

I will eventually sort them out and as I do they will became public downloads.

-catty

catty

Quote from: FrankU on March 19, 2016, 06:27:21 AM
...When you have time and have sorted out the PLEX files that were sent to you, will you then please put an update list of the files you still missing? I still have a lot of SimPeg stuff on my HD...

As requested an up-to-date missing list   :)

Obviously I've now got all of Paeng files, except for one called SG Nimby Pack by Paeng not sure if its missing or under a different name as Paeng as relotted a number of SG models ... its going to be a while till I sort this all out.

Pegasus missing list I've still got to finish uploading the files I was sent by people, but these ones are still missing

CW Soldier Props2 by Pegasus
Drawbridge - No Scows Version by Pegasus
How to Float Your Boat by Pegasus
NBVC Lumber Yard by Pegasus
PEG Military Aircraft Props - Volume 1 by Pegasus
PEG Modular Construction Units by Pegasus
PEG Pier Rail Props by Pegasus
PEG MTP Avenues by Pegasus
Seasonal Tree - Southern Hemisphere Mod. by Pegasus

It may be they have been merged into a megapack, but without having access to SimPeg anymore its difficult to tell what the situation is with these files.

As for RebaLynnTS files these are what's still missing, but am not sure if she is the actual creator or just the person that uploaded them to the PLEX

Cruise Ship Port for CDK 3 by Becca (RebaLynnTS)
Cruise Ship Port for CDK 3 Ends by Becca (RebaLynnTS)
Cruise Ship Port for CSX Pier Mall by Becca (RebaLynnTS)
Cruise Ship Port Fillers by Becca (RebaLynnTS)
Cruise Ship Port Fire Station by Becca (RebaLynnTS)
Deadwood Sunken Plazas MML - By Chrisim by Becca (RebaLynnTS)
DEDWD Raised Park MML By Chrisim by Becca (RebaLynnTS)
Dr Gonzo's ArtGolf Golf Course MML by Becca (RebaLynnTS)
MMS (Modular Motel System) 1 - Plaza Lots by Becca (RebaLynnTS)
MMS (Modular Motel System) Resources by Becca (RebaLynnTS)
MMS (Modular Motel System) Texture Pack by Becca (RebaLynnTS)
NOB Walls and Bridges by Becca (RebaLynnTS)
OWW2 CSP Transitions by Becca (RebaLynnTS)

There are half-a-dozen other files by people that I'll sort out later and see if they need a missing list.

-catty

FrankU

Hi Catty,

The short list tells me you are going well! Great work!
Must be a pain in the  ()what() sorting out all these OWW, CDK, CSK, MTP etc etc files.....

I got one file for you: the MTP avenues.

Dublin

here yah go
Where ever you go, there you are.

Dublin

Dublin

just a bit more

mgb204

Thanks catty and everyone else who's helped to restore what we can from SimPeg.

It's a pleasure to see the list is really quite small compared to where it was last year.

Can someone please issue a Karma Point to Catty for her continued efforts in this regard.

eggman121

Quote from: mgb204 on March 25, 2016, 01:55:44 PM
Can someone please issue a Karma Point to Catty for her continued efforts in this regard.

Done!  ;)

Thanks again Cathy for the continued updates :) Your work is much appreciated!

-eggman121 (Stephen)

catty

Thanks for the karma point its appreciated and yes it certainly looks like we are on the home stretch, its just a shame we lost all of SimPeg forum posts.

FrankU and Dublin thanks for the files, I'll upload them the first chance I get to the CBEX.

:thumbsup: