• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

The Pavlova Main Bar

Started by tooheys, February 15, 2010, 07:57:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tooheys

Hello Everyone

Welcome to the Pavlova Sports Bar

What is this all about you may ask, well I guess an explanation is in order. Over the years here at
Sc4d, Diggis and myself have run several tipping comps for various World and European Cups, and
sports like football, rugby union and rugby league. In this regard, we thought we needed a more
permanent home, so here we are.

Our first project here in our new home is a little way off, and will be a tipping competition for the
2010 Football World Cup. Nevertheless we will get a draw up soon and post any major news regarding
the comp or any of the participating teams. Of course, if you have anything that you think may be
of interest feel free to post and discuss it here.

Helping Diggis and myself (tooheys) will be Art128, welcome aboard Arthur  :thumbsup:

Please remember that this is all meant to be a bit of fun and site rules will be strictly enforced.

I'll leave it at that for now, however feel free to drop in and say hello, or even add some
early World Cup news. And don't forget to let us know who you are supporting and we'll
add you to the roll.

Cheers

Dave

GO AUSSIES

SUPPORTERS-2010 FIFA WORLD CUP

Algeria

Argentina
xxdita

Australia
tooheys
adroman

Brazil

Cameroon

Chile
rooker1

Cote d'Ivoire

Denmark

England
Connor
canyonjumper

France

Germany
Nardo69
Fabian93
Myself.or.?
bat

Ghana

Greece

Honduras

Italy
WC_EEND
RBC

Japan

Korea DPR
caspervg

Korea Republic

Mexico

Netherlands
Diggis
mrtnrln
Getron
Silur

New Zealand
joelyboy911
catty

Nigeria

Paraguay

Portugal
Art128
ecoba

Serbia
swashbuckler

Slovakia

Slovenia

South Africa

Spain
cameron1991

Switzerland

Uruguay

USA
threestooges

joelyboy911

Be sure to add me as a supporter for New Zealand! I don't feel overly hopeful that we'll win, but always good to see our little country punching above its weight!
SimCity Aviation Group
I miss you, Adrian

tooheys

Hi Joel. You have been added. I have a feeling there will be a bit of support for both the Aussie and NZ teams, the ranks of people from downunder have swelled quite a bit here at SC4d in recent times.

Hope to see you around over the following months. By the way the pavlova is free so help yourself. There are two versions, ours and yours  :D

joelyboy911

Oh the pavlova.  :D

(its ours and you know it)

And I must extend the thanks of NZ to Australia, for swapping to the Asian Contest, leaving New Zealand and the Pacific Islands in the Oceania one!
SimCity Aviation Group
I miss you, Adrian

Diggis

I've added myself to the dutch supporters ranks.  Why the dutch, and not the Kiwis?  Well, Soccer isn't a big sport in NZ and I never really followed it untill I lived in the Netherlands for a year when I was 18.  Since then I've always supported the Dutch team.  Sure, I'll cheer for the Kiwis, unless they meet the Dutch.

art128

Nice to see this finally up, Shaun and Dave ! I hope we'll have a great time here.  ()stsfd()
Let me adding myself to the Portugal supporter stand...  :D
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

adroman

I think I'll go with Australia, I'm feeling patriotic!

(...err... if the idea is not to have more than one person choosing a country, I'll go with the next best... England.)

Looks like a fun competition, should be interesting to watch  ;)
737s, Air Force, Australia... what next?

WC_EEND

Well, since Belgium is very good at not participating, I'll go for Italy.
RIP Adrian (adroman), you were a great friend

My LOT thread                                    

SCAG BAe146/Avro RJ Project

Nardo69

It has been 20 years since I could celebrate Germany as Soccer World Champion. At that time I played SimCity Classic.

That means time is overdue for the fourth title after becomming second in 2002 and third in 2006.

So - after 1954, 1974, 1990 it'll be 2010 again!!!!!

I GOP FOR GERMANY!!!!!

MandelSoft

Add me to the Dutch supporters group! Actually, I only watch football during the World Cup or the European Cup  ;D
Lurk mode: ACTIVE

RBC

I'll stick to Gli Azzurri (the italian national team). Being native Danish you might wonder, why I don't support Denmark. Obviously I am, but I support Italy even more. I love Italian football, and here in Northern Europe Italy is always associated with "negative", defensive tactics and diving primadonnas. In my humble oppinion italian football culture is more than that, and that's why I'll support Italy - even if they meet Denmark. I also like Argentina, but with Maradonna on the bench I can't imagin them liftin the trophy at the end.

I hope England fails big time!

Fabian93

How could I not support my own country?  ;)
Add me to the german supporters group, of course :thumbsup:.
Not sure whether they will win, but I'm convinced that they will make it to the semifinals  :).

Fabian

Connor

I'd be very surprised if England win, but i'll be supporting them all the way.

We'll get through the group stage, but I can't see us getting much further. You never know though....

canyonjumper

I'm Welsh, but England is the closest, and I can't go for Canada, so England it is!

-Jordan :thumbsup:
I'm the one who jumped across the Grand Canyon... and lived.

catty

If you can put me down for New Zealand please  :thumbsup:
I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?" DEATH thought about it. "CATS," he said eventually, "CATS ARE NICE.

Diggis

Right, I've added you all the the supporters role so far.  Welcome to the bar, pull up a pew.  I'll take ID for those old enough, everyone else see Art at the milk bar.

CasperVg

I'll go with Korea DPR.. odds are 2001.0 to one, but hey!

Added in Korea DRP ! - Arthur. ;)
Follow my SimCity 4 Let's play on YouTube

xxdita

art128

You're now on the Argentinian support list !  :)
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

rooker1

I never really followed football until I meant my wife and found most of the family in front of the tube every time a game was on.  It was a great excuse for me to have a couple of beers.  ::)
Anyways now I sort of follow along, so put me down for Chile.  If I were to pick anyone else, I wouldn't be a loud to sit near my brother in law and he lives with me.  ;)

Great place you got here by the way.  Who did the decorating?  ::)

Robin  :thumbsup:
Call me Robin, please.