• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Tales at TeaTime

Started by TheTeaCat, May 22, 2007, 04:32:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shadow Assassin

Macroom looks nice. One problem, and that's the date. How can it be the 7rd of June?  ???

Anyway, I wonder what will happen to your new city down in that tile. :P
New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dedgren ♦ dmscopio ♦ Ennedi
emilin ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ papab2000
Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
See my uploads on the LEX!

Strechnitz

Hi TTC that is a very nice update.

I am very curious about the next update. The teaser pics make me very curious. Espescially about that big white thing that seems vaguely familiar. but what could it be?

Strechnitz.

TheTeaCat

A SAD ANNOUCEMENT

Fred_Ginger, sebes, Ennedi, callagrafx,

thundercrack83, patfirefghtr, Russell,

Snaper, bat, Shadow Assassin, Strechnitz

Thank you all for your wonderful comment.

to all the other viewers thank you for looking.

Ladies and gentlemen - I have a problem

I have to put a temporary hold on this MD.

Following is a copy of a PM I sent to dedgren just a few minutes ago.

Dear David

I have a request to make if I may be so bold. I wish my MD to be moved to the completed section hopefully only on a temporary basis. I experienced a few problems with my pc recently and a number of folders and documents were lost beyond recovery. In particular The My Documents folder. I was forced to do a complete reinstall.

I apologise for any inconvenience this causes. In particular to my readers. Unfortunately Life throws these setbacks my way and I am lucky its only some data (Admittedly lots collected over years grrrrr)  but these things do happen.

I will be back with but as you know obstacles like this are made to overcome

Best regards

Derry ********
AKA
The Tea Cat. Unquote.

It pains me to have to take this action but it must be so.

Thank you all for visiting

TheTeaCat
Kettle's on. Milk? Sugars?    ps I don't like Earl Grey  $%Grinno$%
Reduce, Reuse, Recycle - If you're not part of the solution , you're part of the problem!
"Never knock on Death's door: Ring the bell and run away! Death really hates that!"
Tales at TeaTime      Now A proper NUT      TTC plays GRV II

Krio

Very sad, because this was very funny to watch MD. I hope that you "beat" your problem and continue this.

jacqulina

awwwwwwww derry im so sorry my friend thats terrible news,maybe you could have retrieved the data from the disk with a disk recovery program.

TheTeaCat

Its one of those things as you well know jacky. &mmm  Such is life.  ::)

So reinstall SC4 do the patching etc download the map again or maybe a new one but I will be back.  ;)

Think I need a cuppa now.

Thank you all for your kinds words.

:satisfied:
TTC
Reduce, Reuse, Recycle - If you're not part of the solution , you're part of the problem!
"Never knock on Death's door: Ring the bell and run away! Death really hates that!"

jacqulina

yes derry my friend i do know,good luck with the new md  :thumbsup:

Ennedi

I hope you will solve this problem.

If not, I will think about help.
I know that downloading a large amount of plugins needs a lot of time.
But there are some possibilities (for example sending zip files on CD)
My Plugins folder has 2,56 GB. Maybe something will be useful?

Again I hope it will be unnecessary  :thumbsup:

PS. Here is a cuppa for you from Ennedi desert (it is in Chad, little known place)

New Horizons Productions
Berethor - beskhu3epnm - blade2k5 - dmscopio - dedgren - Emilin - Ennedi
jplumbley - moganite - M4346 - nichter85 - papab2000 - Shadow Assassin - Tarkus - wouanagaine

TheTeaCat

Enndi

thank you for such a kind offer. And the Tea :thumbsup:. The plugins are not the problem - I have lots of zip files already backed up to disc. its was the region that were not. I know next time ;)

Please be patient there are still a lot of tales to tell :D

regards

TTC

thundercrack83

I'm very sorry to hear this news, Derry. But I know that your work will be back and better than ever! I'll be looking forward to whatever your next project is, and I know others will be, too, so don't worry--you'll always have an audience! Good luck sorting everything out, my friend.

Gaston

()sad()
   This indeed is very sad news.   Who shall I have my afternoon tea with if not here at "Tea Time"      Well, "What does not kill us, makes us stronger" [ linkie ]    Hopefully it will return even stronger or pehaps even stranger.    ;)    I will look foreward to the aforementioned return.     I will have the biscuits (cookies for some) ready for dunking.

---Gaston
白龍

They say that the memory is the second thing that goes....
...dang , I wish I could remember the first.
WooHoo made Councilman - 05 FEB 07 Yipee made Mayor - 13 MAR 07 Hip Hip Hooray made Governor - 04 AUG 07 Rock On made Senator - 15 MAR 09

flame1396

New beginnings... often started by bad circumstances ( :angrymore: ) but often for the better ( ()stsfd() )
The most astounding and unique aspect of the human race is our fervent application of our ingenuity to kill each other, thus completely defying the near-universally proven fact that the ultimate goal of a member of a species is to ensure the survival of the species.

Pat

Quote from: flame1396 on June 13, 2007, 07:22:46 PM
New beginnings... often started by bad circumstances ( :angrymore: ) but often for the better ( ()stsfd() )

You know flame couldnt be more then right here Derry as it usally happens that a tragedy
strikes and well all that you have learned comes into play and so then all the sudden you find
yourself starting fresh but with more and better ideas.  I can say that with pride lol cause it
happend to me my HD on my IBM Aptiva had totaly died and well thus causing a great deal of
pains but thank god over at ST i had checked to track my files LoL. So my friend i cant wait
to see the return of your MD and i know it will be bigger and better - Your friend Pat

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

Tarkus

Derry, I've lurked but not commented, and I have to say, you've really got a unique and fantastic MD here, and I'm really sorry to hear about your My Documents folder getting corrupted.  Computer problems like that are never fun. ()sad()  I've been lucky not to have lost any data yet, but I've had just about everything else go wrong.  Reminds me I seriously need to back some stuff up.

At any rate, I concur with everyone else here, and I too am looking forward to seeing you bring Tea Time back for another cuppa. 

And if you're wondering about those Highway neighbor connection arrows, I believe that's something that was (unfortunately) hardcoded, and for whatever reason they didn't fix it for the LHD countries. 

-Alex (Tarkus)

Snaper

Hi TTC,

I'm sorry of what arrives to you ...  :'(    Your MD was one of best and it's really damage to lose all its work thus  ()sad()  I lost myself my city after 8 months of work above ...

I'm sure that you'll return very quickly that you will make a city even more beautiful (even if it were already very beautiful)  :thumbsup:

Don't discourage yourself  ;)

Good luck my friend  ;)

Russell

Too bad to hear you were struck by such misfortune.

TheTeaCat

Thank you all for all your kind comments.

I do have some good news but it may take a while. Again I show a copy of an email I sent to  dedgren.

Dear David.

thank you for your response. Upon reflection and the number of comments it would seem wrong to close this MD. A temporary setback is all it really is. It was just a moment of madness caused by all the frustration of losing so much data. (approx 75gig).

So please DO NOT close/move this MD.

All I have to do is redo it. Maybe with even better tales ::)

I appreciate all that you did and it was on returning home and reading your pm and the comments again along with the new and the fact that I got so much fun out of it and as they say "you don't know what you have, 'till its gone" it would be wrong to take such a knee jerk decision.

Thank you for your time

Derry.
TTC

So this means in essence that I will continue this MD but I have to start from scratch.

So please be patient but things will be back but it may take a little time ;)

It was all your comments my friends that made this decision in the end so easy.

Thank you all once again

:satisfied:
TheTeaCat

Derry.

Ennedi

New Horizons Productions
Berethor - beskhu3epnm - blade2k5 - dmscopio - dedgren - Emilin - Ennedi
jplumbley - moganite - M4346 - nichter85 - papab2000 - Shadow Assassin - Tarkus - wouanagaine

Fred_Ginger

TTC, So very glad you are going to continue your MD!   &apls &apls

A few weeks ago I went out specifically looking for an external Hard Drive with backup software so that I could save all my wonderful custom content (even though I gave away my sofa and chaise so there are only a couple of chairs in the living room and that I should be shopping for a new sofa!  ::)  ).  If I ever find a region I can't live without I shall be sure to back it up also!
My name is Vicki
Fred and Ginger were my doggies
RIP my babies

dedgren

OK, Derry, the moving van's outside, they're bringing in the boxes.  It's a shame to move TeaTime, but the customer always knows best...

...Hey!  Who are these people?  Move please...oh!  Ow! Ow! Ow! Ow-ow-ow!...

...let me up- I'm just doing my job...

...what do you mean, "from your cold, dead fingers?"

Derry!  Derry!  Hey, c'mere.  Tell all these folks pinning me to the floor... what, What?

...OK...nevermind...

All kidding aside, I am so glad TatTT is staying right where it is.

David
D. Edgren

Please call me David...

Three Rivers Region- A collaborative development of the SC4 community
The 3RR Quick Finder [linkie]

I aten't dead.  —  R.I.P. Granny Weatherwax