• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

NUTs - a not so young LE and b.a.t. Team

Started by tooheys, March 23, 2008, 12:29:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jmyers2043

Ok. So now you've decided that (example only) 45 jobs is the right number for this 4X4 industrial lot. But holy cow, the loading dock (which I assume is your building) only had 10.  Now it's time to increase the fill factor of the XTool. I think that 4.25 should be about right. Bingo! The building and consequently the lot will offer 45 jobs to the Sims. Plus! consumption (water, electric) and pollution numbers will be in line as well.

Next you should select 'make a growable lot' option. Use the menus to designate lot size and – presto – the Tool will tell you what the appropriate stage growth is. You can generate a new properly named lot or simply click the back button and use that information  to mod the correct stage growth to your existing lot. Very important step as you want the lot to grow at the right time and also upgrade to something else if not made historical. 

Pretty snazzy if you ask me. In the past we used to make educated guesses. Some better than others.   ;)
Jim Myers  (5th member of SC4 Devotion)

RippleJet

Quote from: jmyers2043 on April 01, 2008, 04:57:20 AM
Ok. So now you've decided that (example only) 45 jobs is the right number for this 4X4 industrial lot. But holy cow, the loading dock (which I assume is your building) only had 10.  Now it's time to increase the fill factor of the XTool. I think that 4.25 should be about right. Bingo!

Almost bingo, Jim! :thumbsup:

An industrial building always gets at least 3 workers (if the building is non-existent), in other words:
  3 + occupancy based on volume

If the total occupancy is 10, then the occupancy based on volume is 7.

The filling degree only affects the volume, and thus the occupancy based on volume. It won't affect that constant 3.
Thus, you would need to increase the occupancy that's based on the volume from 7 to 42, in order to get a total of 45 workers.

In other words, the filling degree would have to be 6-fold (6×7=42).
Since the default is 0.5, a filling degree of 3.0 would in this case give 45 workers. ::)

jmyers2043

RippleJ!  :D  Math was never my strongest subject.  Calculus for engineering technology was hands down the hardest subject I ever took when in tech school. I studied my brains out and got a C+ and have nothing left.   %confuso   :D
Jim Myers  (5th member of SC4 Devotion)

tooheys

I'm certainly learning something here. Thanks Tage and Jim, you know, I think I almost understand that  :o. And now I'm going to possibly throw a spanner in the works. My base lot is an invisible IM lot. Will that cause any problems (probably), so let me know if I need to relot to get things to work properly. Relotting isn't a problem, already done it a dozen times so once more won't hurt.

Dave

BarbyW

Why is it an invisible IM building? You can now make a proper IM building in the X_Tool :thumbsup: If you need help post in the thread for the beta testers at BSC.
Inside every old person is a young person wondering what happened. TP

Barbypedia: More alive than the original

tooheys

Well it was invisible before the X-tool came along (for me anyway)  ;). Have been working thru your guide Barby and it has helped me a lot  :thumbsup:, I think I've improved from a clutz to a bumbler, things are looking up   :D

I will rework it using the x-tool, and aim for both a growable and ploppable lot.

In the meantime I'll get the cricket lot finalised for my initial candidacy lot. I have the readme's Barby linked in the TG thread. One question I guess, given that the initial lot needs no unique dependancies (it's all available on the LEX etc) is an .exe file required?

Dave

Diggis

Dave, sorry I haven't got your fence to you yet.  If you can wait till early next week I'll work on it over the weekend.  The missus is away...  ;D

tooheys

Diggis, if the missus is away, I'm sure you'll have better things to do  ::)

Not a worry. I have a couple of lots planned. As I'm sure you have over there, not all council cricket grounds here have boundary fencing, so I will stick with the initial lot because that's mostly what I see locally, but will also do a fenced version as well. Most council areas have at least one fenced A'Grade ground.

So no hurry, I appreciate the work your doing with the fences and once available I'll be looking for your feedback re the new lot.

Cheers

Dave

mightygoose

NAM + CAM + RAM + SAM, that's how I roll....

xxdita

Don't forget the lady!  :thumbsup:

Thank you, dita! :thumbsup: - Jm

tooheys

Ok here are some stats for the latest reworked storage yard - ploppable which I did with the x-tool.

Davealot Storage Yard Ploppable

Size 5x4
Plop Cost 2000
Bulldoze 200
Wealth MW
Pollution:
-Air 2/9
-Water 1/13
-Garbage 4/0
-Radiation 0/0
Flammability 70
Power Consumed 3
Water Consumed 39

Dependencies

BSC Mega Props - JES Vol01.dat
BSC Mega Props - JES Vol03.dat
BSC Mega Props - JES Vol04.dat
BSC Mega Props - JES Vol06.dat
MAPP_SecurityKioskProps.dat
PEG_ChainLinkFence_RESOURCE.dat
jes_SugarWarehouseProps.dat
jes_family_industrials.dat
gh BSC_DAE_DirtTrackTextures
PEG-CDK3_Resource-Pack_01

Welcome your feedback as always.
Now to work on the installation file and readme.

Dave

mightygoose

NAM + CAM + RAM + SAM, that's how I roll....

Starmanw402007

I would like to congratulate the nuts on getting there own place here at SC4 Dovation. And good luck with the projects that you'll be doing in the future.
Your Friend;
Mayor Of Steven's Point & Maxiston
(Proud To Be Cities Of Sim Nation!)

Pat Riot

Well gee, this is a kick in the nuts *cue audience laugh*.

good luck! :thumbsup:

Pat

Congrats NUTs for going boarding and also i got to show off something here now that i found a wayward file that was strangley located in the Fire Menu lol.... btw the firemen are screaming for funding but i cant give them that lol.....  anywho here are the pics so far of my prize that i won!!!!!!!!!!

Yea I know that I didnt level out the land there but hey I was just trying out my prize lol....  Which btw look wonderful and I have all the dependencies so that is scary right there heheheh.....

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

tooheys

That is scary Pat seeing I think they were all designed with full plugin folders  :)

Thanks for showing them to us. By the way, Paul (paroch) places all his LE work in the fire menu because it's the shortest generally and the lots are easy to find for testing. Wouldn't try to use them for fire fighting though  $%Grinno$%

Dave

PS:Just had a closer look, you are missing a few dependencies off mine. The front fences and gardens. Will track down the missing packs and let you know. Joan, how's yours look?

Edit: Pat, this is the list of dependencies for my lot

BSC MEGA Props - D66 Vol01.dat
BSC MEGA Props - Misc Vol01.dat
BSC MEGA Props - SG Vol 01.dat
BSC MEGA Props Jen_P Vol01.dat
BSCBATProps Gascooker Vol 05.dat
CSX Embassy - OC Barber.dat
bldgprop_vol1.dat
mercedes s red-0x6534284a-0x4d9722d5-0xad762ab0.SC4Desc
mercedes suv green-0x6534284a-0x4d9722d5-0xed762ac5.SC4Desc

Pat

hmmm that is screwie Dave lol.... I didnt have no ops mod flags on your lot so I assumed and well err yea never mind I think you know what assuming does lol.... BTW is there going to be a banner for you all or are you just stuck with a lonely little gold star lol....

OK i just have to hunt down a few then thats all...

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

tooheys

I like my little star Pat  :D The banner is being worked on and will appear when it appears  ;)

Funny, but I never get any mod flags either with my LE lots. Can't explain that but I'm sure someone out there can.

Let me know if you have any trouble with those dependencies.

Cheers

Dave

Pat

LoL dave check your PM's for 2 of them lol....   Ahh gold stars just mean your special lol....

bat

Nice team name there! And great work there!

Looking forward to more of the NUTS! ;)